Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

So nervous it's killing me....

Keroko

Joined 22-Jun-11

16-Nov-11 11:00 pm
I have a 3D scan and long ultrasound appointment booked in for this Saturday... I'm hoping I get to know what I'm having so I can start shopping! Problem is as it gets closer I'm getting more and more nervous that they will tell me the opposite of what I'm hoping to hear. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled either way but I tried pretty damn hard for my sway... and boy was it disgusting. My friends all tell me that I'm having boy signs, and while I agree as it's the complete opposite of what I felt like with DD... I'm sure I've set myself up for disappointment. At first DH was all "It has to be a boy. you're not a bitch and you're not making me buy you sweets in the middle of the night" now he is "don't worry, I'm sure it's a baby".... yeah. thanks :P I have a few friends who are all pregnant and we're all within a few weeks of each other. Two of my friends have found out they're having boys and It's all over Facebook. I just know it's going to be hard if I don't get my boy this time and have to deal with all the photos and updates of their boys. I guess i'll just try and try again but god it's making me panic so much I'm having nightmares! Think I've lost it!

Baby Girl2007..... BFP! Hopefully get my  Baby Boy in April 2012!Good Luck Clover

BabyFruit Ticker

Joined 22-Oct-09

16-Nov-11 11:06 pm

good luck

Baby Bear GirlBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear Girl

Joined 2-Mar-10

Top Poster
17-Nov-11 4:59 pm

Good luck Keroko....hope you hear boy on Sat!Good Luck Clover

Hugs Violet"If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great will ever happen to you" -Dr. Gregory House Hugs Violet

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
17-Nov-11 5:07 pm

Keroko

Joined 22-Jun-11

17-Nov-11 5:57 pm
Thank you for the luck ladies! I definitely need as much as I can get!! :)

Baby Girl2007..... BFP! Hopefully get my  Baby Boy in April 2012!Good Luck Clover

BabyFruit Ticker

Keroko

Joined 22-Jun-11

18-Nov-11 11:54 pm
well I'm back... Baby's legs were crossed and the doctor said she couldn't see a thing. Something was blocking the view and the legs were crossed. Then she laughed and said "maybe it's a girl then" If she couldn't see anything at all.. why make a joking guess like that? I've been in a bad mood ever since and I think I cried the whole way home. Stupid I know...

BabyFruit Ticker

Joined 2-Mar-10

Top Poster
28-Nov-11 3:52 pm

keroko:
well I'm back... Baby's legs were crossed and the doctor said she couldn't see a thing. Something was blocking the view and the legs were crossed. Then she laughed and said "maybe it's a girl then" If she couldn't see anything at all.. why make a joking guess like that? I've been in a bad mood ever since and I think I cried the whole way home. Stupid I know...
How dissapointing not to find out..I'm sorry. Will you be having another scan anytime soon? It could still totally be a boy.

Hugs Violet"If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great will ever happen to you" -Dr. Gregory House Hugs Violet

Keroko

Joined 22-Jun-11

28-Nov-11 11:47 pm
Yeah I figure it can still go either way! My doctor wasn't happy with the sonographer's playing around. Hubby and I had a bit of a chat and realised she is an idiot and we shouldn't take what she says to heart. During the consultation it took her 6 times to spell my name. When she asked what country I'm originally from... I told her Australia. "Really? What language do they speak there" Yeah.... Not so worried now that I think about it! She didn't push hard enough either to get a good peek. I have my next check up on the 3rd. Hopefully we see something, but if not I'm prepared for another girl. I just REALLY want to get to do some shopping with all the end of year sales starting up! :P

BabyFruit Ticker

Joined 8-Jul-09

Top Poster
2-Dec-11 7:18 am

good luck for tomorrow keroko!  Cant wait to hear how you get on xxxxxx

Joy

Joined 4-Nov-11

Top Poster
2-Dec-11 7:32 am
I know how you feel hun.. I have 3 girls and a step daughter and all my family keeps saying its a girl.. its a girl and I'm hoping so bad I can prove them wrong this time.. I have 3 more weeks til I can find out though :( but I really hope you get your little boy.. GOOD LUCK :)
Mom to: (DsD)+ + (VR Baby)*13w 4d*+ (VR Baby 2) *chemical pregnancy*+ BFP!!! VR Baby 3 due April 2015

Keroko

Joined 22-Jun-11

3-Dec-11 8:51 am
I'm back.... with no news. haha... It's actually kind of comical. The baby kept it's legs crossed despite wriggling up a storm :P My doctor that gave me the scan (also the head doctor and owner of the clinic) tried his best. He pretty much said this; "I can't see a penis, So because of that I *HAVE* to tell you it's a girl. But The way the legs are positioned, I should be able to see the vulva and I can't see that at all. So I can't tell you it's a girl either" I can't stop laughing about it. What does that mean??? He said he really couldn't see the three lines to indicate girly bits... and it's not like girly parts can be hidden right? We knew by 19 weeks with my daughter, she wasn't shy at all :P No idea what to think.... I just hope my baby has genitals at this stage... haha

BabyFruit Ticker

Joined 8-Jul-09

Top Poster
3-Dec-11 8:59 am
OMG!!!! This baby is a little minx!!!! Lol. Are you going to have another rescan? You seem to be dealing with this the best way - but no doubt this must be driving you INSANE!!! Xxxxxx

Keroko

Joined 22-Jun-11

4-Dec-11 6:35 pm
I'm dealing with it a lot better thanks to DH being very supportive. I'm over the whole gender disappointment thing which did hit me when they told me it was looking more girly at the 3D ultrasound. That was a rough weekend... but now I'm just really upset that there's all these Christmas and New year sales coming up and I was sure I would know by then! So looks like boring unisex shopping for me! I'd love to go for another scan, but they're really busy getting other appointments done before the holiday period where the clinic is closed except for births/ other emergencies. I have DD's 4th birthday coming up on one weekend. Christmas another. And DD has some dental appointments before she starts Kindy so I'm really flat out for making time. I guess that helps with the nerves though. I might have a coke before the next appointment. Baby always moves after that.

BabyFruit Ticker

Joined 2-Mar-10

Top Poster
8-Dec-11 1:10 pm

Lol...just read all the updates...baby just wants to keep you guessing. Hope that baby will be cooperative this next go around, drink lots of soda and Good Luck!!!! FX>

Keroko

Joined 22-Jun-11

8-Dec-11 5:26 pm
hahaha I know right? It has something to do with my placenta being anterior too, hopefully with bub getting a little bigger it will make things easier. I drink so much coke that i'm starting to worry my teeth will fall out. haha. I will try for a late afternoon/ early evening appointment next time. That's when I know he/she is most active!

BabyFruit Ticker
Page: of 1