Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Anyone testing in early November?

tHiNk PiNk!

Joined 5-Oct-10

31-Oct-11 4:37 am

I will be testing around the 11th of November (and probably a few times before that too Happy Wink) until either AF shows up or I get the BFP I've been hoping for.  Anyone testing around the same time? I would love to hear your stories and how your sways went! I am nervously optimistic about my imperfect sway attempt. I want a princess badly, but it's out of my hands now and I know I will be happy to see a BFP no matter how the gender turns out!

My sway attempt #1 (after a year break):

I strictly followed the girls diet (still am in case I need to attempt "ttc the sequel"); Took the appropriate amounts of calcium, magnesium, cranberry, acidophilus, and folic acid; Influenced ions using rock salt lamps, - ion bracelet, shower before attempt, and lucked out on the moon phase and the fact that it was raining the morning of my attempt so I opened all the windows and let the air in; Drank plenty of CL to keep ph low (4--4.5); and then went and seriously miscalculated the timing!  My body and nerves played tricks on me and I ended up doing my attempt approx. 20 hrs. before O instead of 12 hrs. after... Doh!OOPS, I think that's right in boy territory! However, my ph was 4.2 at the time of attempt and stayed low--maxing out at 4.7 at O before coming back down to 4.4 at O+12...So, I'm hoping that timing isn't as important as all of the other factors?! Guess I'll have to wait and see!

GL and loads of Baby Dust to all!

Proud Mommy: Cody (17), Ethan (12),  and  a princess!! 

Joined 12-Oct-11

31-Oct-11 4:46 am
Hi I will be testing in early november but am so tempted to test now LOL. Your sway sound great, mine on the other hand is not so good. I did a really loose diet tried to keep ph low took all the supps hot bath before BD missionary but did 5 day cut off which im not sure of wish I had done O+12 now. Am worried my loose sway will not work. GL xx

tHiNk PiNk!

Joined 5-Oct-10

31-Oct-11 5:28 am

Fingers Crossed...that we both end up with the gender we are hoping for! I lost my DH in 9/11, so it's just me and my boys now...doing this all alone is tough, but I am hopeful that I will eventually welcome a new little wonder to complete my family.

How many dpo are you? and is this your first? just curious...Happy Smile

Joined 12-Oct-11

31-Oct-11 6:18 am
Oh no so sorry for you and your boys. I am 7dpo to early to test I know just want to test now lol. No this will be my second I already have 1 son and really would love a little pink one. I only want 2 due to affordability and have always dreamed of having a boy and a girl I am just praying this works. When will you be testing? xx

tHiNk PiNk!

Joined 5-Oct-10

31-Oct-11 2:15 pm

Geez! Here it is Halloween...I'm making goodies with my boys and sisters, putting the finishing touches on our costumes, getting ready for our yearly Halloween Party (It's going to be Epic!) and all I can think is "Come on BFP!" like a song on repeat. Here's hoping everyone in the 2ww has a wonderful Halloween and doesn't drive themself too crazy! On the bright side, I am dressing up as a Gypsy... so maybe I'll see something in my crystal ball tonight lol!

Happy Halloween ladies...may all the fairies you meet tonight bestow baby dust on you!

Joined 28-Nov-09

Top Poster
31-Oct-11 2:33 pm
Hi ladies! I'll be testing around the same time. AF would be (but better not be!) coming Nov. 15th so I'll be testing a few days before. My official attempt is tomorrow and we've been swaying blue strictly for the last 6 weeks. I would love love love to welcome a little bundle of blue in July. Either way, though I will just be thrilled to see a BFP in a couple weeks. Whimsy-I wouldn't worry too much about timing, I think it is the least important. Oh and I love your little ticker in your siggy, too cute! Good luck ladies!!

Joined 12-Oct-11

31-Oct-11 2:48 pm
Happy Halloween!!! As I am TTC a girl I did 5 day cut of before Ovulation just realised this sways boy oops. xx

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
1-Nov-11 10:52 am
I am testing twice already I think today I'm 10 or 11 dpo and still no BFP. So I'm guessing Nadda and feeling hopeless I want to poas again as I'm still hoping plus my stomach has been cramping badly. But af is to show sat. So I want to test again but who knows. I have been pretty stressed lately and since our sway not sleeping good. I try not to play into the symptoms because even though I have been preggers before everytime is so different.

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 28-Nov-09

Top Poster
1-Nov-11 3:21 pm
Sorry still no BFP yet Canadian, fingers crossed AF doesn't show up! Keep us posted!!

tHiNk PiNk!

Joined 5-Oct-10

1-Nov-11 3:37 pm

hannah232008-- I'm not really familiar with the 5 day cut off...I only researched O+12 because that was the timing I intended to use...plus, cutoffs don't really apply to my situation as I have no control over xx and xy numbers because mine come in a vial. lol! I sincerely hope for your sake that you get the little girl you want, especially if this baby will be your last. (fingers crossed) Good Luck!

Canadianttc#4--I feel your pain...I know how hard it is not to over analyze every little twinge that could be a symptom, (especially during the 2ww when we are sooo hypersensitive to every little thing our bodies do), but you're not out of this yet! Hang in there, we're rooting for you! Keep us updated, k!?

Belles and Beaus--thanks for the reassurance Hearts...I know that thawed sperm don't have the same lifespan as non-frozen, so I think that definately makes timing the least of the sway factors. However, even with thawed sperm the girls are still hardier and I kept my ph pretty low...so, I still have hope! Congrats on keeping up the diet for 6 wks., that has definately been the hardest part for me! I am not overly familiar with the boy diet, but on the girl diet it is pretty much dairy, chicken, dairy, chicken...repeat...lol! My family has had two BBQs in the last month...grilled burgers, hot dogs, and "sTeAk"...while I got to choke down unsalted, grilled chicken...can I get a very sarcastic YUMM! Lol! I've never been a huge red meat eater, but when I can't have it, it seems to be the only thing I want...I'm pea-green with envy Envy of your diet! Looks like you and I will be testing right around the same time. My AF will arrive is due to arrive Nov. 12th, so I will be praying for you and hoping to hear news of a BFP coming your way!

Joined 28-Nov-09

Top Poster
1-Nov-11 4:49 pm
Whimsy:
Congrats on keeping up the diet for 6 wks., that has definately been the hardest part for me! I am not overly familiar with the boy diet, but on the girl diet it is pretty much dairy, chicken, dairy, chicken...repeat...lol! My family has had two BBQs in the last month...grilled burgers, hot dogs, and "sTeAk"...while I got to choke down unsalted, grilled chicken...can I get a very sarcastic YUMM! Lol! I've never been a huge red meat eater, but when I can't have it, it seems to be the only thing I want...I'm pea-green with envy Envy of your diet! Looks like you and I will be testing right around the same time. My AF will arrive is due to arrive Nov. 12th, so I will be praying for you and hoping to hear news of a BFP coming your way!

Haha! You are so adorable! Believe it or not, before these last 6 weeks my diet consisted of dairy, chicken, dairy, chicken...and it was all by choice! (Which probably explains why I have a chunky little girl sleeping on me now :) I hope I never have to look at another hot dog again, EVER! I agree though, when you can't have something you want it all the more. I would literally (probably not) kill for some ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches. (Yes plural--sandwitches!) Is it just me, or have the days been growing longer? Praying for us both!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
1-Nov-11 6:26 pm

Whimsy:

Canadianttc#4--I feel your pain...I know how hard it is not to over analyze every little twinge that could be a symptom, (especially during the 2ww when we are sooo hypersensitive to every little thing our bodies do), but you're not out of this yet! Hang in there, we're rooting for you! Keep us updated, k!?

I definately will keep you guys posted.  I tested at lunch again, FRER and a BFN.  I thin Friday I will retest unless I cave I bought2 frer.. heehe as I am a poas gal.  lol

I swear im going nutso - I am craving hot wings like crazy- I ate  5 days in a row hot wings- not normally ME. 

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

tHiNk PiNk!

Joined 5-Oct-10

2-Nov-11 4:17 am

Agreed...time seems to be slowing down!  I have a ton of HCG tests, but probably won't start testing for a little while...right now I'm content, (impatient yes, but content) so I would rather not become discouraged over a pee stick that doesn't always know what its talking about!  BTW, I wanted to tell you that I love your little girl's name! I considered using Elle, but thought it was a little too close to my own name (Effie), so if I have the little girl I'm dreaming of her name will (tenitively) be Lucy Olive. It's a little early yet, but if I get a BFP (and later hear the words "It's a Girl") I'll know if I've picked the right name or not! If I remember correctly your attempt was yesterday or today...in any case hope it went--or goes--well! Happy Wink

Joined 28-Nov-09

Top Poster
2-Nov-11 3:44 pm
Thank you! Sometimes I get the "Oh you mean Ella?" which kind of defeats the purpose of picking an uncommon name, but whatever I still love it. To me, they are very different names! Hehe. I love your name too, but I do see how it is close to Elle. Especially if you were to call her Ellie which we do from time to time. That being said, I LOVE Lucy Olive. Very much my taste in names. Feminine, known but not super common, and good for a little girl or woman! Perfect. And yes, my attempt was yesterday, and I think it went rather well (after I obsessed over the timing for a bit.) I am waiting until 4 o'clock to take yet another opk in hopes that it is negative to confirm my suspicions about O. After that, the waiting game officially begins! Come on November BFPs!!

tHiNk PiNk!

Joined 5-Oct-10

3-Nov-11 1:11 pm

So glad that everything went well for you Belles & Beaus...welcome to the waiting game! Don't let others discourage your choice...haven't any of them ever heard of Elle Magazine, Elle MacPherson, or "Elle" from Legally Blonde! It is a sweet, but hip and modern name...as she grows up she'll love it!  I really hope we both get BFPs this month and have the chance to follow each others journey from conception to baby! I am relatively new to in gender, but I feel like we could be friends. Happy Giggle You can have all my Blue Baby Dust...I don't need it!

Hannah232008--any news? I have been so curious how you are doing? I hope you are still in this! Hearts

Canadianttc#4--I really hope all that you are experiencing results in a BFP with a pink little bean on the way. I have boys too and they are just sooo wonderful, easy going and fun! Gotta love the tickle wars, Saturday morning sock skating through the house before breakfast, and yes, even the "armpit fart" stage (how do they do that?!), I wouldn't trade a single moment with them. I feel lucky and blessed! I am a bit of a girly-girl though and I would love to have a little girl to spoil too! Have you had any more symptoms or developments? Hope you are well! xx

Page: of 3