Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Shocked!! Pregnant with Identical Twins!!

Joined 8-Feb-10

21-Oct-11 11:24 am
Just found out I am pg with identical twins, quite scary that I have to be scanned every 2wks since they share a placenta and possibly blood vessels.   Can anyone share any stories to ease my shock!!!!   lol

Baby Bear Boy2002    Baby Bear Boy2006     Identical Twin Baby Bear Girl born April 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

21-Oct-11 1:25 pm

congrats. i wish i had good news to share with you but one of mine passed away. i was so lucky and blessed to be able to keep one though. she's such an angel and even though a boy would have been nice im  coming to terms with never having a son. hopefully some other twin mommys will chime in with successfull stories i just wanted to say congrats and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Joined 9-Oct-07

Top Poster
21-Oct-11 1:27 pm

Congratulations on your twins! How exciting! :)

Joined 8-Feb-10

21-Oct-11 2:36 pm
Newbaby, sorry to hear that news.  I have a friend who lost a twin son at 2 days, very tough.  He would of been 2 soon, but his brother is a wee star!  Do you mind if I ask you? Did you give birth to 2 babies?  x

Baby Bear Boy2002    Baby Bear Boy2006     Identical Twin Baby Bear Girl born April 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

21-Oct-11 2:42 pm

no.. i had 4 very healthy babies and pregnancies. then i got a surprise with number 5. i went into premature labor at 22 weeks. she was born alive but passed away after 2 hours. we tried again. did an amazing boy sway so when i went in for my first u/s they saw 1 baby but there was something in the same sac and kinda behind the first baby. we couldn't get a great look because it was so early but they saw me right away because we had just lost fiona. they said come back around 7 weeks. so i went back and there was one baby with a good heartbeat and part of what was a second baby. so it was very very early i just know that it would have been a girl had she survived because they shared a sac. but i didn't ask a whole lot of questions i was just focusing on not having to plan another funeral for a child.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Joined 8-Feb-10

21-Oct-11 4:20 pm
I'm sorry to hear what has happened, bet your amazing little baby girl and 'girls' in your family must give you alot of strength and keep you smiling.  x

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 1-Sep-10

Gold

Gold Membership

26-Oct-11 4:26 am

I have ID girls, and believe me, u r in for 1 helluva journey :o)... I'm so jealous tho, coz if I was back where you are now, I would appreciate them so much more... The pregnancy was a nightmare, my girls were big tho, 6lb and 7lb 2oz, they were born naturally (u dont have to have c-section, but it is advised and also safer for identicals) at 36 weeks... I couldnt walk at the end, I was just too huge and spent most days praying to go into labour!! lol...When they were born, even tho u KNOW yr having twins, the 1st thing u will think is OMG there are 2 of them?? yes I know it sounds stupid, lol... but trust me, you will :o)... the 1st few months will pass in a complete blur, believe me, I have 9 children but only 1 set of twins and I have never known exhaustion like it!! It doesnt feel like 2 babies, but 1 VERY demanding baby and most days it will feel like you have a conveyor belt in front of you with a baby on it saying 'feed me, wind me, change me' and the tv will be yr best friend... God that sounds depressing, lol... ANY offers of help you get take it!! ANY chance you get to sleep, do it!! ANY offers of anything, jump at it!! trust me, those 1st few months are hard work... but that was my experience and everybody is different, where i found it hard, others find it easier, u have to have a routine and stick to it, u have to drag yourself off the sofa and make the effort to get out (no easy task with 2 babies.. lol)... The turning point is around 6/7 months, once they can start to do a few things for themselves it starts to get easier... My girls are 5 now and at school, and I wish I could have their baby days back, it went so fast, I blinked and missed it... It is soooo much fun tho, my little monkeys pretend to be the other 1 all the time, lol... and trust me, a Mummy will ALWAYS know the difference :D :D... (but just in case, in the middle of the night when yr shattered and not sure which you have, paint a toenail on 1 of them, then you'll never get confused :D :D)... Good Luck, and the best advice I can give you is ENJOY IT, take it easy, realise how lucky you are (ID's are amazing).. and welcome ALL offers of help... plz keep us updated :o)... Julie...

(sorry for the essay, lol)... xx

Happy  LOL Happy  LOL Baby Girl -21 , Baby Girl -19 , Baby Boy -17 , Baby Boy -13 , Baby Boy -11 , Baby Boy -8 , Baby GirlBaby Girl -6 Baby Bear Girl -1,  Happy  LOLHappy  LOL

No more babies for me and hubby, our family is finally complete!!...

We are just one big MAD happy family :D... xxx

Joined 8-Feb-10

29-Oct-11 6:17 pm

LOVE your story!! It's nice to hear the 'realness' of it all!!  lol    My husband is a twin and my MIL paints a rosey pic....not like what's in my head!!  lol    I will Def be a c-section as both boys were, been told anytime from 35wks onwards....   I am a nurse and work nightshift, need to go back to work when they are 6mths old.....dreading that already!!  I only work 2 nights per wk, but still...  I have a Fab mum and Dh is a very 'hands on' dad, so I just hope I listen to u and take all the help and rest I can!!   Luckily both my boys are older, well 5 and 9, so aren't too reliant on me for dressing, feeding them etc.....  I worry I won't cope, but sure I will get the hang of it eventually!!   The toe nail idea made me laugh, as it's tough with 1 thru the night, but 2, wondering "who did I just feed"   lol.   

You must have a busy, lovely and loving home with all ur children.  Thanks for sharing ur story.....keep u posted!!  Next scan 2wks on tues!!  Hope they can tell me boys/girls!!  x

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 1-Sep-10

Gold

Gold Membership

18-Nov-11 4:09 am

Just seen yr reply, hows it going??? Did you find out what u r having yet?? I found out at 15 weeks mine were girls (after 4 boys it made a nice change, lol)... hope everything going well... x

Happy  LOL Happy  LOL Baby Girl -21 , Baby Girl -19 , Baby Boy -17 , Baby Boy -13 , Baby Boy -11 , Baby Boy -8 , Baby GirlBaby Girl -6 Baby Bear Girl -1,  Happy  LOLHappy  LOL

Joined 8-Feb-10

18-Nov-11 10:24 am

Thanks for ur reply! 

I had a 16wk scan a few days ago and they wouldn't tell me.  I am scanned every 2wks now, so hope to find out a my 18 or 20wk scan.  So desp to know.  Were your girls Identical?   I have Monochorionic Diamiotic twins and wonder if they will look very alike or similar!!   Bet it's lovely having 2 wee girlies after 4 lovely boys!!   Were ur girls early?   The consultant told me she would c-section me at 36wks. 

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 2-Dec-11

11-Dec-11 9:55 am
see i completely disagree with mister i have twin boys and found them to be so much easier then my first ds1 they seemed to be more content, they always have each other and as babies they would gurgle and entertain each other whilst i could get on with cleaning, yeh there may be 2ce as many nappies and twices as many feeds to do but i got into a rountine and seemed to glide through their first few months with ease, i must say though i breast fed them which made things a whole load easier as theres no bottles to wash, none to make in the middle of the night and they settle quicker with breast giving you more sleep. my partner worked full time so i did all the night feeds and like  i say just got myself into a rountine with them. now as they go 5 in march they are the easiest plesantest little boys you could imagine, they play together, they never complain at bed times as they are never loneley, even things like potty training are easier coz they egg each other on, if one does something then the other isnt far behind for wanting to be the same. i wouldnt change them for the world. they are amazing, all 3 of them x

Baby BoyBailey 2004    Baby BoyBaby BoyLoucas & Harvey twin boys 2007         Baby BoyJacob due April 2012 xxx

Joined 8-Feb-10

20-Jan-12 6:06 am

Thanks for your replies...

Just finally logging on here, been busy and IG been mis-behaving, not letting me on!! lol   Since my last post I found out it's GIRLS!   Over the moon and at the same time wondering what it will be like bringing up 2 girls after 2 boys. I am 25wks now...so 11wks till my c-section.  Not long really!!   Hope ur all well?

Make a pregnancy ticker

My family is complete ???

Joined 29-Mar-10

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 6:27 am
Congrats Inglewood. I remember cheering you on when you were ttc. Wow 25 weeks already? You won't feel the next 11 weeks fly by. Best of luck with your girls. Anyone I know says it's easier to rear twins than a single baby as they amuse each other. Good luck xxx

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy2005  Baby Boy2007  Baby Girl2011
Heartbroken03/04 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Link to my sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/153613/1475834.aspx#1475834

Joined 1-Sep-10

Gold

Gold Membership

20-Jan-12 7:14 am

thats fantastic news :o)... CONGRATULATIONS!! :D... Yes my girls are ID... they were mcda too.. and did they look alike??? not to me, but to everyone else they did, lol... BUT if i look back on photo's now, I struggle to tell the difference, very strange coz at the time I would have sworn they were nothing alike.. and 36weeks will be a great time to have yr babies (its actually full term 4 twins) they dont like to leave ID's for much longer than that because its too much strain on a shared placenta, although some will leave it till 38 weeks, I guess its different depending on where u live.. i will try and attach a picture of my girls, and once again, congratulations :D :D... you will have so much fun, and yr little boys WILL be very protective of their little sisters!!...

Joined 1-Sep-10

Gold

Gold Membership

20-Jan-12 7:25 am

My Girls :D... xx

Full-size image

Page: of 2