Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How are the new babies and mothers doing?

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
20-Oct-11 9:43 am

Before we move on to ' Born in Oct 2011' I thought it would be nice to have a thread to talk about our little miracles and the recovery after their births Happy Smile How are you all doing now that you are back home?

3Baby Boy  3Heartbroken  1Baby Girl

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
20-Oct-11 10:45 am
Things are going great! Millie is a good baby only cries when she is hungry or dirty diaper. She is so laid back just watches things going on around her. I took her to her 5 day check up she had a little jaundice when she was born and she weighed 8lb 7oz, she had gained two ounces and had not lost any weight. Her jaundice is low but nothing to worry they took some blood and said she was fine. She is nursing like a champ. I am so happy and the boys are loving having a baby sister. I am having so much fun with dressing her even though we don't go anywhere. I am always busy so this staying home is hard to get used too, I can think of a million things I need to get done but don't want her to get sick. I am feeling better everyday, my back is feeling a lot better! Can't wait to see our little babies grow and hope we all keep in touch.

HeartsBaby Bear Boy10Baby Bear Boy8Baby Bear Boy4Baby Bear Girl2Hearts

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Joined 11-Jan-11

Top Poster
20-Oct-11 10:14 pm
Pretty good over here too! DH went back to work today which was hard but he's off again next Wed when my MIL comes to visit. Ben has been wonderful. He's a pretty easy baby. We've had some latch issues off and on thanks to a fast let down and over supply of milk but we've almost got it sorted out now. My girls are absolutely in love with their baby brother and will do anything to help.. sometimes so much that they get in the way, lol. They hover over him while he sleeps and comment on how cute he is with coos. He's such a precious gift.. I couldn't be more thankful! I spend a lot of time just staring at him.

Sad FlowerBaby Girl 2002  Baby Girl 2006  Baby Girl 2008  &  Baby Boy 2011!!!

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
21-Oct-11 12:08 am
Aww he is so handsome RD, happy to hear everything is going good. Here is a pic of my little sweetie...
Full-size image

HeartsBaby Bear Boy10Baby Bear Boy8Baby Bear Boy4Baby Bear Girl2Hearts

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
21-Oct-11 8:13 am

Oh my! How cute are those babies?! Heart Well done girls!

All well here as well Happy Smile Anaïs has been very easy, so far and feeds every 3-4 hrs during the night, I hope it will last !

She seems to have some tummy problems in the evenings and then she will only settle if carried around or in my arms.

Recovery has been faster than expected, probably b/c i've had lots of help this time around. I had stitches but it's actually the piles that have been bothering me the most Sad it's getting better though, have to remind myself Ana is only 2 weeks...

When do you girls have your post natal check ups? I'm planning on having an IUD put in and think I'll ask to have it done at 6-8 weeks.

Joined 22-Mar-11

Top Poster
21-Oct-11 1:50 pm

Omigoodness Ben is cute as a button!  Hope the nursing continues to get easier RD. 

ThreeMusketeers - She is beautiful - love the bow!  I'm glad everyone is adjusting well! 

Vendela - my appt. is scheduled for 6 weeks, I will probably go back on the pill until dh does something permanent...

Things are going wonderfully with Campbell home.  I am SO relieved and happy that my little guy isn't jealous or rough at all, he loves her to pieces and so do my big boys.  She is only waking up once at night to feed, and two nights ago she slept right through!  She is up to 8lbs 9oz as of her dr. appt. this morning.  Poor little thing does have thrush though, and I need to start meds today.  Also, I thought I would get by without buying a double stroller - um, no!  I bit the bullet and bought the Baby Jogger City Mini and the car seat adapter bar - love it already!  I need to take it to my boys school for their Halloween parade next week.

Baby Bear Boy 9/02 Baby Bear Boy 2/06 Baby Bear Boy 10/09 Baby Bear Girl 10/8/11

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
22-Oct-11 5:19 am

JJ4R - Happy to hear all is well with you and little Campbell, she is so cute, looks like a doll! Hearts

As I think I mentioned in another thread I got a second hand chocolate/ cream Baby Jogger City Elite and I love it! It's not as small as the City Mini but for where I live it's OK.

Anaïs slept from 11pm to 5am last night! Surprise I know it won't last but wow, what a difference it makes Happy Smile

Joined 22-Mar-11

Top Poster
22-Oct-11 7:43 am

Thanks Vendela!  I'm glad you have a stroller too, I realized right away that I was going to need it and it's nice to have the option.  I'm going to see if today warms up enough to take a little family outing to the scarecrow festival.  Hooray for your good nights rest!!!

Baby Bear Boy 9/02 Baby Bear Boy 2/06 Baby Bear Boy 10/09 Baby Bear Girl 10/8/11

Kristin

Joined 15-Oct-09

22-Oct-11 9:47 am

Glad everyone is doing well... all the babies are just adorable! We're going home today and hopefully I'll get a chance to upload some pics, etc.

Feeling good for the most part... just really tired. Never caught up with sleep from the night contractions started and now night feedings. Vendela, dealing with the same thing here... Kendall has been REALLY fussy in the evenings. Wants to cluster feed and nurse constantly (ie use me as a pacifier) but then falls asleep almost immediately once on. Also has to be held all the time. Nurse thought she was just hungry...may have to supplement with a little formula until my milk comes in to give my poor nipples a break!

Baby Boy 3/09 and Baby Girl 10/11

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
22-Oct-11 10:54 pm

Willow is 3 weeks old now and I have to say, either she is a perfect baby or we were the worst parents ever when my son was born.  We spent two months of hell - my husband was practically a narcolept falling asleep everywhere we went.  I was pumping all night and propping pillows up and swaddling constantly.

I haven't broke out the pump once this time, or swaddled.  She sleeps in my arms and wakes about once or twice to nurse nightly.  But, we side nurse and to be honest, it's all a big blur because I am actually sleeping most of the night.  I think.  Anyway, I am not that tired and hubby is sleeping peacefully in the next bed every night - with an occasional diaper change or sometimes I get into his bed and he cuddles with the baby.

Big brother is 2 - so he's a royal pain but he loves his sister and reserves hitting, screaming and throwing things to me mostly.  This too shall pass.

I have some regrets about how her birth played out but mostly just the financial aspect of it.  Hiring the midwives at the 11th hour and transferring to the hospital cost me about $3500 extra.  I have no idea what would have happened if I would have stuck with the original plan though as I totally underestimated labor.  I have no idea how I would have labored that intensely in a hospital bed with EFM strapped to me.

Joined 1-Sep-10

Top Poster
25-Oct-11 11:01 am
I can't believe my lil bean is 2 weeks old. His initials are ND. He sleeps at 3 hr intervals and I am getting my sleep at night which is great. I am recovering well except for a lil pain in the A** ..lol. The only pain meds I needed were ibuprofen, so that's good. He feeds well except he zonkes off sometimes and doesnt want to get the other boob. We keep staring at him, he is handsome like his daddy and is his carbon copy. My Mom is here to help and take care of the house, so I can take care of myself and baby for few weeks. So It's been relaxing and I and getting time to bond with baby, so grateful for mom. It was so cute the other day, I was playing with DD with her dollhouse and DS woke up. Daddy picked him up and asked us to continue playing with our dollhouse and the boys will watch the cowboys game :) DH sat on the couch holding him watching the game for abt 1/2 hr until he was ready to feed. It was so cute. I am soo used to be being addressed as 'A''s mom (DD's name) when ppl call from her school, art activity, peadiatrition etc that the other day when doctor's office called me and asked 'Is this ND's mom?" , I was like "ugh?". It took me for a sec to realize there that I have a son now and I am his mom, felt so great on the phone to say "Yes yes, I am ND's mom" :) ..... Happiness :)
Baby Bear Girl 05'  Baby Bear Boy born 10/11 My family is complete!

Gold Membership victim.  me.blush@yahoo.com My chart

Joined 9-Aug-08

Top Poster
26-Oct-11 12:13 am
Beautiful babies Hearts
Mom to  Baby Girl,Baby Girl | Baby Boy,Baby Boy My Preemie Prince Born at 33 Weeks.

(2 Succuessful sways, Thank you God)

Joined 23-Apr-09

Top Poster
26-Oct-11 5:51 pm
---

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
31-Oct-11 8:24 am

Hi girls! Happy Smile

How are you all doing?

For us it was back to life, back to reality this morning. The kids went back to school after their half term break and DH's paternity leave ended - boooo! Sad

No idea how I am going to cope this week doing the school run, cooking and bedtime routine on my own...DH leaves at 8am and gets home 8pm... guess I will figure it out but I wish I could stay in my bubble a little longer, bit sad the babymoon is over Worried 

Ana caught a cold from her brother so feeding and sleeping has been a bit more difficult lately, poor little lamb! I was hoping BF-ing would protect her but nop.

Think I've managed to put on weight since I had her - kid you not! I have not been moving around as much and we have been very naughty eating take aways and yummy desserts Stick out tongue Doh! 

So how are those gorgeous babies doing? Can't wait to hear.

Bobbie

Joined 19-May-10

31-Oct-11 10:01 pm

things are going pretty good here, DD3 today accepted that Jerry is not going anywhere and was all about kissing him.  Though we had the discussion that he was her brother and my son, which she promply told me I was wrong, LOL.  She is 2.5 years old.  Still up at night for 3-4 hour strechs, has them during the day as well.  I finally got some sleep last night only because hubby took him for his wake up strech.

my four

Heartbroken(mmc April, 2004)Baby Bear Girl(March, 2005)Baby Bear Girl(May, 2007)Baby Bear Girl(April, 2009)Baby Bear Boy( October, 2011)

Page: of 2