Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Progress Update- for all Nov due babies!

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
17-Oct-11 8:04 pm

whoo hooo...  we are in that last part.... where it can happen "any day now" weeeeeee....

So what have your doctors/midwives said to you?

My baby is currently posterior (BOOO) and 4/5ths decended (YAY)... so I'm rocking it on a pilates ball atm... making sure baby turns anterior before the birth.

She hasn't done and internal to check if things are progressing (dilating/effacing)... I just assume they are with the pains i'm having.

She hasn't given me a timeline... but midwives tend to leave things go naturally... so I don't expect to hear "we will induce you this date"... or "you will probably give birth this weekend". lol... as i've been told (incorrectly) with my previous two babies.

If I ask her for an internal... I'm sure she will do one... but I wont ask for one until closer to 38weeks. Don't see the point otherwise.

Still undecided about the homebirth... will talk to her about it next week... might change my appointment to later in the week and to a home visit, so she can inspect my house and tell me what i should do to prepare for it... (she's told me what to do and what to have... but I want to know her thoughts on WHERE??? I'm not giving birth in my bed where me and my hubby are intimate!)

2002 Baby Boy, 2009 Baby Boy  TTC Baby Girl Jan 2011... but alas... it appears to be a Baby Boy  due 12/nov/2011... born 15th nov 2011!

TICKLEME'S GENDER U/S's-  www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/226121.aspx

TICKLEME'S NUB U/S's - www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/224350.aspx 

My Birth Story http://in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/239115.aspx

Joined 15-Jan-10

18-Oct-11 1:43 am

Hi,

Sorry I have been quiet for so long. I am 35 weeks and 3 days now. Will be getting the internal exam at 36 weeks. I have GD so that makes it a bit challenging but it is not too bad as I am able to control it with diet and excercise. Someways I am looking forward to finishing the pregnancy and meeting my little girl and in someways I want more time for myself. Time sure did go by fast!

Joined 2-Dec-08

Top Poster
18-Oct-11 3:10 pm

I'm still suprised I'm hanging in here...but so glad to have made it this far!

At my appointment last week my ob checked me and thought baby would be here in 7-10 days, cervix very thin and soft, and it's now been 7 days and no baby...I'm getting a little nervous about going overdue now, how crazy is that!

I have another appointment on thurs so we'll see where I'm at thenHappy

I have to say I am ready to meet this babyLove Ya!

Baby Boy 2005, Baby Boy 2007, Heartbroken 2008, Baby Boy 2009, Heartbroken 2010, Baby Girl  2011

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
18-Oct-11 4:40 pm

Aranjar- yeah diabetes is the pits to have to deal with... I'm a nurse, and as much as i preach to people what they should be doing... arg it would be hard to do if it were me!

HockeyGrl- LOL that you are getting impatient! Did you think you'd get frustrated in the end part?... it sounds like you aren't too far away! HOW exciting! Goodluck to you!

So jealous that you are all getting "checks"... i really want to know if I've started dilating... but I suppose I'll be so pissed off if I hadn't started.

2002 Baby Boy, 2009 Baby Boy  TTC Baby Girl Jan 2011... but alas... it appears to be a Baby Boy  due 12/nov/2011... born 15th nov 2011!

Joined 23-Aug-06

Top Poster
18-Oct-11 5:31 pm
Oh hooray!!! Can finally log in to this site! No checks for me either!Bice never been checked outside labor and that's fine with me, the less the better, Oh tickle, I hope your baby changes position! Posterior baby's are no fun, lol Well the count down is on! Stick a fork in me im done.. Hockey girl I almost forgot, you have a surprise on board, how exciting!!!

Elmo

Joined 17-May-11

19-Oct-11 2:17 am

Well most of use have probz seen my post the other day i have been in and out of the hosp over the weekend cant wait for it to be over now

I have the nurse today to get my BP checked as i cant see my midwife till 27th Oct at my doc as shes booked up till then but got Hosp to see doc up there for a start date so might not need to see her on 27th Oct as might be geting started off then Pray

I was geting some pains last night again for over an hour every 10mins but then they stoped Sad

Hope everyone is doing well and will keep use updated about me and baby Happy

x

Susan

Emma (2)Baby Girl

Andrasta 28/10/11Baby Girl

Elmo

Joined 17-May-11

19-Oct-11 3:39 pm

i went to the nurse today to get BP checked BP was still abit high she checked my urie 2 i have more protein in it now which isnt good she had to go get the doc cus she didnt know what to do with me

so doc took me to her room she phoned up the hosp to see what they wanted her to do with me they said they would only take me up if my BP was 140/90 or over that and asked her to check it two more times with 10mins in between them.

so she done that and my BP came back as 126/80 and 125/80 got to go back on Friday to the doc to get BP checked again and if its near 140/90 or over that she will be sending me up to the hosp on Friday but if its fine on Friday just need to wait till Monday to see doc up at hosp

so fed up now lol cant wait for it to be over

x

Susan

Emma (2)Baby Girl

Andrasta 28/10/11Baby Girl

Joined 5-Sep-10

Top Poster
19-Oct-11 4:45 pm
I'm not due until early Dec, but I follow you Nov ladies a little as many of you were TTC at the same time as me. Tickle - I have had 2 home births, so if you want any advice or have any questions, please ask!! Hockey girl - I was paper thin and 3 and 5 cm dilated days/week before I went into labour with DS2 and DS3. I had easy labours though!!
Baby Boy 07/04 Baby Boy 09/06 Baby Boy 03/09 Baby Girl 2nd Dec 2011

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
20-Oct-11 4:50 pm

hey nicnee... i have rather quickish labours... so i'm feeling the safe bet is to have a homebirth... cos i don't want to deliver half way between here and the hospital. or right at the entrance of the ED door... i work at the hospital... and people will be talking about it for years! :P

I'm guessing your homebirths went smoothly? I don't think I have any real major questions... I'm just stumped as to where to give birth if I do have a homebirth. Our bathrooms aren't big... but i'm sure it's enough room. lol. i've thought about the kitchen repeatedly.. but it just seems gross. lol. but convienient for ice and microwave! :P where did you do it?

Update: so being rocking and rolling on that blasted ball... i have a feeling baby is now breech... i can't feel the head down below now. HOWEVER... I'm getting a ouchy sensation in my vjayjay... not quite an ache... not quite a burn.... it's weird. I'm feeling alot happier over the past 3 days too. hooray hooray!

Joined 5-Sep-10

Top Poster
21-Oct-11 4:15 pm
tickleme:

I'm guessing your homebirths went smoothly? I don't think I have any real major questions... I'm just stumped as to where to give birth if I do have a homebirth. Our bathrooms aren't big... but i'm sure it's enough room. lol. i've thought about the kitchen repeatedly.. but it just seems gross. lol. but convienient for ice and microwave! :P where did you do it?

Update: so being rocking and rolling on that blasted ball... i have a feeling baby is now breech... i can't feel the head down below now. HOWEVER... I'm getting a ouchy sensation in my vjayjay... not quite an ache... not quite a burn.... it's weird. I'm feeling alot happier over the past 3 days too. hooray hooray!

My homebirths were brilliant. Not much pain after my waters broke. I used a TENS machine throughout and entonox for the 2nd stage. The midwives were ace. 2 midwives present and they cleared and cleaned everything up whilst I was in the bath afterwards. I spent most of my time pacing around the living room, but delivered both times on my bed. With DS2 it was because she broke my waters on the bed and I could not move much after that. With DS3 I wanted the privacy as my Dad was there to look after my other kids (who were just going to bed). I never felt it was weird having them there. In fact it was great, I got a proper mug of tea, DH ordered pizza and the best bit was going to sleep with DH one side and baby in the moses basket on the other side of me. It was better for my older kids too that I never left the home to have the baby. In fact DS2 'discovered' DS3 the next morning as he ran into our room bleary eyed. His eyes were on stalks as he ran to tell DS1 that the baby had 'popped out of mummy's tummy'!! Will never forget that moment.

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
21-Oct-11 9:46 pm

nicnee- awww... i jsut had a big grin when you said about your son runing to get your other son! lol... see i'd wake my boys up as soon at as the baby was here. awww... so you delivered on your back? did you tear? I want to deliver on my knees.... because i've delivered twice on my back and tore... Sad so I want to do something different to help that this time.

Hmmm... I'm kinda excited about that thought.

OH UPDATE- I had vomiting and diarhoea (like water) last night... but it was different... i was having strong braxton hicks with it in waves about 5 mins apart... man I felt sooo croook.... i started thinking maybe i was starting labour.... then 45mins later it stopped... abruptly... it didn't even dwindle off.... it just STOPPED. lol... had loads of pressure in my butt with it too. And through out it I was thinking... man I am soooo not in the mood to go into labour right now. lol. DH was hanging around too cos he thought it was the start as well.

All I ate thorugh out yesterday was vegemite on toast... so it wasn't anything i ate... noone else has been sick. I think it's just my body gearing up. I haven't called my midwife... I see her on monday... and i figured unless i have it again... there's no point in telling her. lol. Bubs is still kicking and I took the boys to the new park (with water play activities) this morning.... slept... and have eatten, drinken... and I feel fine.

wow... it's really not far away now is it?

Joined 5-Sep-10

Top Poster
22-Oct-11 4:39 am
Tickle - I delivered on my knees. I tore both times. DS2 came out wrapped up in the cord, around his neck with his hand by his face, so I tore because of that. M/W said it was also due to the scar tissue I had there from my episiotomy with DS1. DS3 was a bigger baby and I don't think he presented with the crown of his head, more the top of his head towards the forehead. I say this because he never had a cone shaped head. I think that is why I tore and also because I wasn't told to pant as he crowned, I just pushed. He was hard to deliver, very painful in the last 10 mins or so. I was sutured after DS2, left to heal after DS3, but healed well. All fours/knees is a good position to deliver as gravity helps the baby down. DS2 seemed to pop out after a couple of pushes and no real pain. I'm hoping this one is like him - long, thin and a small head!!

Joined 23-Aug-06

Top Poster
22-Oct-11 5:10 am
we are so close!! I had a false labour like your tickle! thenthey stopped! 2 hours of pretty regular contractions and then bam nothing, last night I was in pain just moving, i think possible engagement?? All good today..loved reading thse birth stories :) your all amazing! Three cheers for early arrivals!!!

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
23-Oct-11 5:35 am

HEHEHE JULES>.... that's cool!... 2hours! hehehe... you may end up with a much shorter labour this time! wahooo! Hope things happen soon for you!... horay hooray!

nicnee- thanks for all your advice and experience... I really don't want to tear again... the first time, it didn't bother me (only peeing afterwards)... the second time... it cained when they stitched me up.... even the lignocaine needles killed me!... worse then labour! FRIG!

Joined 23-Feb-11

Top Poster
23-Oct-11 6:19 am
Well, 10 days left for me until Sammy's scheduled arrival, unless he decides to come out earlier. I decided that if I do go into labour naturally I will try for a VBAC. I know that the doc on call will not be happy, oh well. It is easier for them to cut me open, but, if things are progressing well I don't see why I can't have a chance. In some ways I really hope I go into labour before Nov 2nd, even if I end up having the section. I am just tired of waiting. We are finally ready: the bag is packed, car seat is installed, and we actually managed to put his room together. My daughter, who is 5, painted a gorgeous picture which we framed and hung over his crib. His clothes are all organized in his dresser and closet and his change table is all set up. I have been having a lot of Braxtons the last couple of days and my hips are killing me. It is worse at night when I'm technically not very mobile. I wake up in agony from the pain. Sammy is still very active, considering he is 37 weeks tomorrow. He does his usual rolls and kicks. but, he is firmly in place, head down.
Looks like a sweet boy, Sam, will be joining us comes Fall.  Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker
Page: of 2