Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My Girl Sway UPDATED, it's a boy

Joined 14-Jun-11

11-Oct-11 9:30 am

Name : Jessica Rabbit

Swaying attempt : Natural

Gender resulted? : Don't know yet, will update when I know.

UPDATED Boy

PH

Cm ph : 4.5

Dh ph : Don't know

Douche type and when : Was going to but DH was really against it and thought there is a certain about we have to leave to fate, he didn't like the thought of it being totally "sterile" an experience iykwim

Big O : Yes, accidentally Embarrassed I tried really hard not too and failed at the very end Happy ROFL

MINERALS

Calcium : 800mg a day

Magnesium : 375 mg a day

Potassium : IG diet

Sodium : IG diet

DH minerals : Follwed IG diet with me, but I was a bit stricter. Also took 800mg calcium and 375 mg of magnesium.

DIET

Dietary changes : Followed IG diet pretty strictly for 5-6 weeks before attempt. So did Dh although he carried on drinking Tea.  I did have a few cheat days when I was out of the house but tried to stick to the basic rules of what to eat.  Did sneak some salad and baked spuds in when I took DS to a play centre.  Also carried on drinking alcohol, not massively, but the normal amount we would on a night when hubby was off

Did you continue diet after attempt/how long? Dropped it like a hot potato!

Caffeine : one cup of tea a day, peppermint tea the rest of the time, and the odd latte

Dh Caffeine : yes

HORMONES

Drinks : Peppermint tea 3 times a day, loads of milk, a couple of times I had crystal but it made me feel sick

Dh : tea as per normal

SUPPS

Cranberry : I took 400mg which is roughly 10,000mg equiv fresh

Acidophilus : Nope

Sudafed : Yep, about 6 hours before DTD

Others : Sanatogen Mother To Be

Dh supps : Dh also took about 10000mg of cranberry per day, calc, mag and vit c.

TIMING

Bed cutoff (#of days) : No

Bed through O : No

0+12 : Yes, was probably more like 0+14 I think.Used Replens about 2 hours before to keep ph about 4.5.  Didn't check after DTD.  Did jump and dump, then cleaned myself out iykwim (sorry for tmi) and just went to bed.  DH was really poorly with a chest infection and throat infection and wasn't what you would call keen when I first told him we had to DTD as he was on the verge of falling asleep in bed!!!

Frequent Bdding : No, did have a naughtly moment 7 days prior to Ov but that was more or less it

Charting O with temp : yes, although even with reflexology I have erratic BBT

Chartin O with opk : No

Fertility monitor : Clear Blue Ovulation Monitor

Suspected O date : Friday 30th September 2011

IONS

Oed in what moon phase : New moon was 3 days before attempt

Changed ions in other ways : Plenty of showers, 1 salt lamp in the bedroom that I kept on all night every night, used natural lavendar soap,used aerosols, had an ioniser in the car and one plugged into laptop whenever I was using it, wore 2 neg ion bracelets (hermatite)

OTHER

How many kids do you have : 2

Gender(s) : Boys

#months ttc : 1 (Can't believe we caught on the first time we tried!!

Your age : 31

Bd position : Missionary

Jump and dump : Yes, and sorry if tmi but cleaned myself out after.

Ewcm present, how much : No, and when we actually DTD my cm had changed to creamy

Dh undies : I bought him tighty whitey (actually tighty blackies) but he wouldn't wear them and stuck to his boxers

Dh hot bath/shower : No, he had got home from work on lates and was poorly so literally crawled into bed!

OWT : Under the mattress a little baby girl dress that I saw when out shopping and fell in love with

COMMENTS : We started doing everything to the letter about 6 weeks before ov but the week of ov was a bit poorer.  Both of us were feeling incredibly ill on the diet and I was a bit concerned about my blood sugars as I'm on metformin as was starting to feel quite faint and out of it alot of the time.  DH was a miserable arse the entire time we did the diet but he's lost loads of weight!!  I didn't lose as much (just about 9lbs in 6 weeks) but I've already lost 6 stone since having DS so the closer you get to your target weight the harder it seems!!  Also was very hard at certain times to stick to the diet as we were invited for tea a couple of times by SIL so I couldn't dictate what she cooked and it ended up  being Beef Chilli Con Carne with nachos!!  Which is probably everything you shouldn't be eating on IG diet but my word it was amazing Happy  LOL, but a part of us was starting to feel that we were having a very negative association with TTC.  I'd already been told before DS that I was supposedly infertile due to PCOS so he was a suprising miracle, we didn't want to taint the experience of ttc iykwim.  Ironically when we started we were adament for a girl, now it's about 60/40 in favour of a girl.  We decided we would rather conceive within a couple of months and have a boy, then be trying for years in the aim of getting a girl (like alot of my PCOS friends have). 

Overall, I wasn't as good as I could have been, but I was sticking to the diet about 90% of the time.  We basically lived off ricecrispies and milk, or special k and milk lol!!

I've just had my BFP today at 11 dpo, so very very early day xxxx

Baby Boy DSS   Baby Boy 2007   PrayBaby Girl

Joined 21-May-09

Top Poster
12-Oct-11 1:38 am

congrats!

Im 10dpo (almost 11) and still getting bfn, ..so glad to hear you got a bfp! Good luck

Hugs Violet Annick Hugs Violet

Baby BoySEAN 16 Baby BoyJUSTIN 12 Baby BoyKEVIN 11 Baby BoyJAYSON 10 Baby BoyBRYCE 3 Baby BoySETH 2 Baby Boy Kade (7/2012)

Heartbroken94(6wks) Heartbroken95(8wks) Heartbroken99(15wks) TL 4/03 TR 5/08 Heartbroken08(6wks)

Heartsmarried 12/30/2006

Joined 14-Sep-11

13-Oct-11 2:32 pm

Grats on BFP!!!! So excited for you, and I believe everyone's sway is very personal to them, and everyone should try to all 7 factors, but in the end, one has to do what one feels comfortable with.

Baby Bear BoyQuinten 2007 / Baby Bear Boy Evan 2011 / Baby Bear Girl Brand new! 2012

Joined 14-Jun-11

13-Oct-11 3:04 pm

thanks auroara, I'm just praying whatever it is is a sticky xxx

Joined 14-Jun-11

7-Jan-12 5:51 am
I had my private sexing scan last night and it's a boy, it was obvious when she did the potty shot. I held it together infront of DH and MIL until I got home, then I snuck off to my office and had a good sob. We're praying this boy doesn't have special needs like our other two which is one of the big reasons we tried so hard for a girl. this will be our last one, I can't go through this upset and disappointment again, I feel shallow and angry with myself for being so upset about an apparently healthy boy when there's thousands of other pcos sufferers out there just desperate for a baby. A boy has it's benefits for us so we're trying to focus on that xx

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
8-Jan-12 9:15 pm
Jessica Rabbit:
I had my private sexing scan last night and it's a boy, it was obvious when she did the potty shot. I held it together infront of DH and MIL until I got home, then I snuck off to my office and had a good sob. We're praying this boy doesn't have special needs like our other two which is one of the big reasons we tried so hard for a girl. this will be our last one, I can't go through this upset and disappointment again, I feel shallow and angry with myself for being so upset about an apparently healthy boy when there's thousands of other pcos sufferers out there just desperate for a baby. A boy has it's benefits for us so we're trying to focus on that xx
Hi Jessica - I'm sorry you are feeling so upset. It is totally understandable! You put a lot of work into your sway, it is only natural to feel the way you do currently. It sounds like you have had a rough time with you sons also. I really hope your new bub is perfectly healthy, happy and easy. You will definitely adore your boy when he arrives. At the moment you deserve time to accept this outcome, just take care of yourself. All the best. X

Update! Identical twin girls! Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl

Our family: Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
8-Jan-12 9:16 pm
Jessica Rabbit:
Hi Jessica - I'm sorry you are feeling so upset. It is totally understandable! You put a lot of work into your sway, it is only natural to feel the way you do currently. It sounds like you have had a rough time with you sons also. I really hope your new bub is perfectly healthy, happy and easy. You will definitely adore your boy when he arrives. At the moment you deserve time to accept this outcome, just take care of yourself. All the best. X

Update! Identical twin girls! Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl

Our family: Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl 2013

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
8-Jan-12 10:28 pm
((HUGS)) I had a "failed sway" with ds3 and I know that we did everything possible (except hi-tech) for a daughter but God had a different plan for our family.  I feel that God gives us the "little souls" that belong in our family regardless of gender.  Some of the things that helped were naming the baby & "retail therapy"..... I shopped til I droppedHappy ROFL. I read alot that there is something magical about ds3 and it is sooooo trueHearts. I hope GD doesn't ruin the rest of your pregnancy joyHugs Bear

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Joined 8-Mar-09

Top Poster
11-Jan-12 11:56 am

aw Jessica, you did all you could, great sway really. Do you have PCOS (because of the metformin). I am thinking of you xx Congratulations on your boy!!

Joined 14-Jun-11

11-Jan-12 12:18 pm

Thanks everyone. We're dealing with it ok now, although I have the next 2 and a half years of watching his development to see if there are any signs of any problems which is a scary thought that even if he appears healthy when born, we will have to wait until he is about 2 before we will truely know.  It's horrible to think I just can't relax and enjoy the first couple of years of his life even if I wanted to :o(  Nothing we can do now though, we just have to deal with whatever God has given us and be grateful for a chance to be parents again.

Nini, yes I have PCOS, and ironically that makes it harder to conceive a girl due to the high level of testosterone. xxx

Page: of 1