Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Timing as a sway factor???

Joined 5-Jun-11

Top Poster
10-Oct-11 5:36 pm

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and trying so hard not to obsess over the gender of this bub... but its really hard.

I feel I had a good sway. diet was good, PH good, I took supps and lost weight. I didnt do a douche but did replens only after BD. took a sudafed 1 hour before BD both times. I drank heaps of crystal light and diet drinks.

The only thing I feel may have ruined my sway is timing. My DH is 43 so I was planning on only doing an abstinence of 8 days with 2 day cut off.. But panicked that ovulation was coming sooner so DTD only 5 days abstinence and then DTD 2 days in a row with a cut off of 40 hours. ( so BD CD7, CD12, CD13 and I ovulated day 15 at about 4pm.- I got bad pains about that time) on the days of CD12 and 13 when we BD it was really late at night about 10:00pm. did missionary and jump and dump. I got my first + on the OPK the morning after our last BD attempt.

Is there anyone who didnt have the perfect timing in their sway attempt but got a girl or what do others think of my timing factor?

THANKS

Baby Bear Girl2008,   Baby Bear Boy 2010 , Baby Bear Girl 2012 - Swayed with Girl Diet

My beautiful family is complete! Hearts

Joined 31-Aug-11

10-Oct-11 5:51 pm

Honeyrose,

That sounds like I a great sway!

The panic is inevitable it seems! But, you did not give DH too much time to create new sperm to pass the girls.

When did you get the clear EW? What was your pH? 
I imagine it is hard to not to obsess over gender.  I think it is a great attempt and try to relax! I am still waiting to get PG and it is not working!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Joined 11-Nov-09

Top Poster
11-Oct-11 8:05 am
from what i know, day before +opk is girl territory so long as ph etc right!

Joined 31-Aug-11

18-Oct-11 6:51 pm

Honeyrose,

I have not seen any posts lately,....how are you feeling? I hope you are not too anxioius.

My attempt is this week so I am trying to figure out whether to do a shettles or o plus 12 attempt. Then again, I am also worried about whether I even ovulate.

I hope you are feeling good!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
18-Oct-11 7:01 pm

timing I heard is the least importnantf actor for swaying.  I have three boys and I know on my last - I dtd on CD9 and 10 and got a + OPK on CD 11, then dtd again on cd 13 and 14 and i have a boy- I never did the food/ or diet as I found out about this- so I am courious what you get a boy or a girl I will add you and follow you to see.  I am so curious.  But I dtd sounds like teh same days as you dtd and I got a boy. 

Good luck with your sway.  I am preparing for TTC Girl.  but the diet was killing me.  so we fell off the banwagon.  i am still doing ions and will start again soon.  but Im mad because my 0 + 12 will be in new moon this month - so I should have stuck to it.  

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 31-Aug-11

18-Oct-11 7:34 pm

CDNTTC

You want a new moon!!!!

Are you asking honeyrose.....? How do you add to see what they end up having? I keep reading posts and then try to figure out their sway. Is there an easier way?

My two ds were conceived one day before o and one and a half day before o. One with some bding before and one with none! Go figure!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
18-Oct-11 7:37 pm

lemon2012:

CDNTTC

You want a new moon!!!!

Are you asking honeyrose.....? How do you add to see what they end up having? I keep reading posts and then try to figure out their sway. Is there an easier way?

My two ds were conceived one day before o and one and a half day before o. One with some bding before and one with none! Go figure!

I know I wanted a new moon- but now we are off the diet- so I think well skip thuis cycle.  This whole 0 + 12 is confussing me and then last cycle my body decided to do a 24 day cycle.  so I am lost usually I have a 28 days cycle 

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 31-Aug-11

18-Oct-11 8:16 pm

CDN TTC

That is funny,.....I usually have a 29 to 30 day cycle and last month it was 27!

Weird!

I am still in new moon for oing I think....I cannot stick completely to the diet. Tonight I had pot roast, beans, rice and a few mushrooms. I had a glass of milk...but also a glass of wine. I had more milk and peppermint tea. I drank cyrstal light all day. I had egg, cucumbers, and a plum today. No breakie. This menu is typical but during I just eat yogourt all day...lol!

What does everyone think? HMMM, maybe I should post this to see if it is good enough.

I am worried about timing as well.....and a huge part of me thinks it really does not matter...I just cannot give up my dream!

How were your DS conceived?
Are you older like me? I am in CAN as well!  Doyou know where you get distilled water? Is Sylk in Shoppers the same as everyone is talking about,..I think it is spelled differently!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
18-Oct-11 9:43 pm
lemon2012:

CDN TTC

That is funny,.....I usually have a 29 to 30 day cycle and last month it was 27!

Weird!

I am still in new moon for oing I think....I cannot stick completely to the diet. Tonight I had pot roast, beans, rice and a few mushrooms. I had a glass of milk...but also a glass of wine. I had more milk and peppermint tea. I drank cyrstal light all day. I had egg, cucumbers, and a plum today. No breakie. This menu is typical but during I just eat yogourt all day...lol!

What does everyone think? HMMM, maybe I should post this to see if it is good enough.

I am worried about timing as well.....and a huge part of me thinks it really does not matter...I just cannot give up my dream!

How were your DS conceived?
Are you older like me? I am in CAN as well!  Doyou know where you get distilled water? Is Sylk in Shoppers the same as everyone is talking about,..I think it is spelled differently!

I dunno about the sylk everyone talks about my last ds was conceived dtd at cd 9 and 10 and then I hot a positive opk at cd 11 then we dtd at cd 13 and 14. And I got a boy. I am nervous to try and right now I'm on cd 8 and wondering if I show try. My dh's ph was 7.5 the other day. And mine was around 5. A while back. This stuff is consuming my life. Lol. How many boys do u have??? Where in canada are u? I'm in Alberta.

Joined 31-Aug-11

19-Oct-11 5:33 pm

HI CDN,

I am in Ontario...of course, lol!

Your last ds sounds like it should have been a girl.....it really is not in our control and that is probably why we are obsessing.  I am cd 8 today and panicking...I already have signs that o day is close.....maybe even 3-4 days. Should I go for it? UGH! What did you do?

I am confused though,,....can you still get pregnant well after o? I thought you only had 24 hours after you ovulated?

My diet is not any good is it?
Are you older? I am! Maybe that sways girls????
I have 2 DS...one the day of or just before o and one two days or 1.5 before o. The first DS was with clomid so that in itself sways girl but a boy! The second was totally not planned and we had only done it that once......the eldest was only 11 mos old!

Joined 31-Aug-11

19-Oct-11 5:37 pm

HONEYROSE,

Not many people have commented on your sway. I am curious what others think of your sway.
Do you usually ovulate within 12 hours of OPK or longer? Some people o later after first OPK but I am usually within 12 hours.

Hope you are feeling well!
How long do you have to wait before you find out?

Joined 5-Jun-11

Top Poster
19-Oct-11 11:20 pm

Hi Ladies,

I havent been on here for a while because I'm trying not to obsess about my sway. I'm 9 wks and whats done is done now. I've been having alot of girl dreams so I'm hoping thats a sign... but I have figured its easier to come to terms with it being a boy and then if its a girl I will soooo excited. we have only told 2 people that I'm pregnant. we are hoping to wait until xmas to tell family, but I'll be 18 weeks and it will probaly be obvious then anyway.

I've checked out fertility friend and there have been lots of BD patterns the same as mine that resulted in a girl. so I really do think now its more about the diet. I think when I got pregnant with my DD we DTD every 3 days which according to FAQ's is meant to sway boy. It definately wasnt every night and it definately wasnt a whole week abstinence... and my DH does not take care of himself. I know that. When got pregnant with my DD I was on a very low calorie diet, very slim, exercised daily and drank diet coke.

With my DS we DTD every day for 5 days straight. But I was using pre-seed and eating a very boy diet. 

Good luck with your sways. I still think 10 day abstinence, diet, supps and 2-3 day cut off are the keys to swaying girl. I've seen alot of good results with this combination... and alot of ladies who have had 3+ boys and then have a girl.

Baby Bear Girl2008,   Baby Bear Boy 2010 , Baby Bear Girl 2012 - Swayed with Girl Diet

My beautiful family is complete! Hearts

Joined 31-Aug-11

21-Oct-11 4:30 pm

Honeyrose! I totally understand trying not to obsess. I actually just want to get pregnant to end the obsession and get back to my life.

I am cd 10 and for some reason ovulated last month around cd 13 usually 15 and this month I am already a high on the cbfm and I have the white and stretchy cm. This is usually 2 days before....should I continue shettles or do the crazy o plus 12? I know I conceived DS 2 with 2 days before but I do feel that every time is really 50-50 and maybe this time it would be a girl!

9 weeks is tough...so far before you know and so soon to the attempt.

Please keep me posted:)   

Joined 23-Apr-10

26-Oct-11 10:08 pm

Hi fellow canucks!!

I'm sorry, but I can't help but jump on board...I feel like we should band up and fight for Microsort in Canada!! It doesn't seem right that so many of us are looking for technology that already exists!! Anyhow, I am also hoping to conceive a DD someday (after three awesome boys). I have only been taking cranberry, and calcium supplements and using SYLK (purchased online through Amazon.com). I am wondering if having (or rather, not having an orgasm during the deed might be the deciding factor)? My girlfriend says she did not have a big O and conceived her DD after two boys....when I conceived my boys, the only thing I tried was timing. I am also proof positive that the chinese calendar is incorrect! I am on the East Coast in Canada...

Baby Bear Boy 05 Baby Bear Boy 07 Baby Bear Boy 10

Joined 31-Aug-11

27-Oct-11 6:18 pm

HI there watiting for ponytails!
I think I am done swaying!!! I am too old and just should be happy to become pregnant.

I doubt I can let it all out the window though...easy things that will not prevent pregnancy I will still try.

So,...if it does not inhibit pregnancy what does the sylk do?
I have two friends that had two boys and then a girl (well, more but only two that knew their o pattern etc). One did frequent right through and ater I think. One did one time 3 day cut off.

What is your plan?
Are you young?
The chinese calendar is too simplistic on the internet...and I think they start the lunar calendar after the first of the month...so it would not match up.
I think you are getting Frost and wind out there!!!!

Page: of 2