Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

North Cyprus Clinic?

Joined 3-Oct-11

10-Oct-11 9:31 am

I will be traveling there soon for treatment, was wondering if anyone had experience with them?

Danni

Joined 3-Oct-11

10-Oct-11 11:20 am

Hi

Im going to Dogus clinic, in North Cyprus, but its not the same clinic as North Cyprus. There is also Genesis all in Cyprus. All  offer ivf, PGD but I heard good and bad about Dogus and North Cyprus, Genesis is a bit pricey ,not been to any but my heart set on Dogus. maybe someone else may come along. Have you checked previous threads, some on the board have gone to North Cyprus.

Im like you, would like experiences

Danni

Joined 3-Oct-11

10-Oct-11 11:30 am

Hi Danni, thanks for a response. When I was searching for clinics I never came across the Genesis one, so did not have a chance to look into that one.  I have read good/bad about most of them, so the decision is not an easy one.  I am not set on North Cyprus, have been in communcation with them for some months now and will be traveling on the 5th of November.  When do you plan on going and what procedure are you getting done?  I am having the Microsort+PGD IVF treatment (one reason for picking them was the microsort), I have 3 daughters and me and husband really want a son.  I have one shot at this since I am out of pocket on all my exspenses and I will be 42 this month :(((.  

I bought my plane tickets today, so I'm committed, just would still love to hear from someone who has used the clinic recently.

Danni

Joined 3-Oct-11

10-Oct-11 1:01 pm

hi Tamera

I have been in contact with Julie the coordinator who is from Dogus. she sent me a pricelist, microsort is free in the package only until december this year so I will miss out on that. she will send me an updated pricelist in January. ive just turned 44 and is going for donoreggs and our hearts are set on a boy! Have 2 girls of our own , 7 and 5 and a stepdaughter who is 16, so it looks like girls are in the family! Im one of a family of 5 girls and 2 boys.

I had 2 m/c in the past 2 years hence the De route. i dont think we will get many eggs of my own! i dont mind de as long as we have a boy! Dogus guarantee 10 eggs and their donors are 21-28 and proven donors(it means they have had a live birth).  Im only going next year September because I need a hysteroscopy as I had developed some scartissue after my 2 c/sections, its a shame but that will give me time to save up and make up my mind where to go. My dds are priceless but I know if i leave it to chance, we will have another girl(just know it!)I have only 1 shot at this as well, scary i know!Happy

Let me know how North Cyprus is. Are you going for a consult only next month?

Joined 15-Mar-11

10-Oct-11 2:44 pm

Hi Tamera. I've been to North Cyprus IVF twice for IVF/PGD this year. One tandem cycle and second time donor eggs. Both times two 5-day blasts transferred, both times BFN. The staff were nice but I don't think they had much success lately. Hope you are luckier!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy

Joined 3-Oct-11

10-Oct-11 9:21 pm

Thanks for the information ladies.  I have read a big factor in it coming back positive is correct placement of the embreyos on transfer.  I am nervous about using my "old eggs", :), but thought I need to try this route first.  I had all my day 3 lab work done and my doctor here says my AMH is good was 5.78 and that I still have good reserve, but still I'm so nervous about spending so much money then it not working.  

I have my meds which I will start after I finish my BCP this month, then I'm set to fly there on the 5th of November, so I am pretty locked into this clinic.  I told my husband if I were a few years younger I will do more exploring, although we have been planning this since early this year, just needed to save for it.  

Bear do you mind me asking how long you stayed in country and your age?  Did you have any left that you could freeze as I read sometimes people have better success with a frozen transfer because there bodies are not full of all the meds from the stimming?  I think I will only try again if we have some that we can freeze since I feel my biological clock ticking fast lol.  

Thanks for the replies.

Joined 3-Oct-11

12-Oct-11 12:18 am

Hi Bear, can you tell me how they preferred payment?  I have asked but not gotten an answer yet. I am not sure if I should take it all in cash or use credit card?

Joined 15-Mar-11

12-Oct-11 10:43 am

Hi Tamera. We stayed for a week, flew back the same day as embryo transfer. We payed by credit card at the clinic, just prior to embryo transfer. I know Dogus want payment by bank transfer before you even start treatment. Are you going to stay at the Golden Tulip?

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy

Joined 3-Oct-11

13-Oct-11 12:40 am

Thanks Bear for the info, I was gonna stay at the Tulip, but since we/I am gonna be there a bit longer I decided to find anothe place that had a small kitchen and was near a beach.  I will be staying at a Villa, they said it will cost a small bit more for taxi since they don't travel there, but that they would take off the cost of the hotel.  I am taking my youngest daughter so I wanted a place a bit more kid friendly.  I will be flying on the 5th of November and coming back on the 17th.  My AF has been off the last two months (I have been on BCP) but normally when I finish my pill my bleed starts on day 3 after, well last two months it started on day 5, blah.  So timing things and buying a ticket this made for a bit of a challenge.  So to be on safe side I covered both scenerios and have a changeable ticket so if it comes early I can come home early.  

Logistically this has been a pain in the butt, wish I could have gotten PGD here, but its only recently became legal and only to parents who have a history of genetic problems.  My estimated day of egg retrieval is between 9-11 November and transfer is 14-16 November, so I have my travel day home as the 17th.  I live in Germany and my doctor here kind of gives me this dumb look like "why are you not getting it done here", I have an appointment with her to have my first scan done after starting meds at the end of the month, found yesterday when making this appointment it was too hard to explain this to the receptionist and told her to just schedule me to see the doctor.  At that point I will explain to the doctor as she did all my preliminary work and will understand.  

Did they provide you with progesterone suppsitories?  I am thinking I will ask my doctor here when I see her for a rx for some as I know the clinic only gives you like 5 days worth and that is not enough, everything I keep reading is that some women need those plus the shots to keep there levels high enough to maintain a good chance of pregnancy.  

Sorry to write so much, just feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything and just want to get on with it.  Thanks for the information.

Joined 12-May-11

25-Oct-11 6:10 am

Hi ladies,

I've been back from Cyprus and happy to announce that I am pregnant. From the blood test values, it appears to be a signleton. I was at the North Cyprus IVF Clinic and did both Microsort and PGD, and cannot be sure which one did the trick but I even have emmies frozen in the storage. Dr. Savas Oziygt was brilliant and it turns out that Ahmet, the coordinator and Dr. Savas are father and son :))

We were 3 ladies at the clinic during that week and all got similar treatments for gender selection. One of the ladies didn't get pregnant, so she is quite upset but she is going back to the very same clinic for another cycle, it will be a fresh cycle again since she didn't have a lot of eggs. I found that the only complaint about the clinic's services was regarding the fact that there was no a/c unit at the guest house and the time of the year that we were there (september), Cyprus tends to be extremely hot, I preferred to stay indoors and only go out at night.

I would be more than happy to share my experiences with all the ladies on this forum, and also, since you are all comparing Dogus and North Cyprus IVF, I would like to get your attention to an important point. It appears that Dogus IVF is claiming to be a lot of things they are not. I was informed when I was in Cyprus that they do not provide microsort and they are false advertising on their website. Please take a look at the links below:

http://www.dogusivfcentre.com/cyprus-microsort.aspx

and the official Microsort announcement that North Cyprus IVF is the only location providing Microsort in Cyprus:

http://www.sys-con.com/node/2028502

Best of luck, ladies :)))

Kitty

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
25-Oct-11 7:55 am

congratualations! im happy for you!

Joined 3-Oct-11

25-Oct-11 8:52 am

Congrats Kitty, I fly there on the 5th-17th of November.  Do you mind me asking how long you were there and your age?  I too am doing Microsort+PGD IVF.  I actually start stimming this week, I finished my last birth control on Sunday, so I'm just waiting for AF to start.  What sex were you trying for and did the microsort give you more of the desired gender embryos?  Did you stim with Gonal F?  Sorry for so many questions its just great to hear from somebody who recently went there and is pregnant, Congrats again :).

Joined 12-May-11

25-Oct-11 6:37 pm

Dear Lisvna,

Thank you,  I wish you all the best too, wherever this journey might take you. I just want everyone toget the positive result at the end of this process regardless of clinic of their choice, we are in this together and it's such a big investment. I never had experience with any other clinics so I can't say anything good or bad, but the one I went to made it happen for me so I'm grateful.

Dear Tamera,

I'm 38 years old, so not a spring chicken any more :) But I have an ok ovarian reserve. My FSH was 7.9, and AMH was 2.2 so the doctors decided to put me on Gonal-F 375 for the first four days and on day 5 of stimulation I had a sonogram and I had 11 follicles, so they said it was good and I kept taking the same dose for the rest of the time. I was on Gonal-F for a total of ten days starting with day 3 of my period. On the day of egg retrieval, I had a total of 13 eggs retrieved, but only 9 of them were good. 7 of them fertilized and 5 were little girls. I had two transferred and three frozen for a possible future cycle. The doctor told me to have 3 transferred if I wanted a guaranteed success but he also warned me about the possibility of a multiple pregnancy which I was not really happy about, not that I don't appreciate twins, but the fact that I don't have the energy for two crying kids in the middle of the night :))) I wanted two transferred and I had a positive result, so it was a great experience overall. One thing I warn you about is the hotel selection. The five star is a great place, but I had another friend there who complained about the guest house, so if you don't mind spending a few hundred more, go with the 5-star, it was a great hotel. I have full faith in the clinic, and I believe you'll have a good experience too. One thing I regret is not being able to meet with Ahmet. Apparently, he travels a lot and is not in Cyprus all the time. I communicated with them everyday over email and on the phone so it would have been nice to meet him in person, but can't complain too much. I AM PREGNANT!!!! :))))

Please let me know if you have any questions before you go. One piece of advise, get a local phone card when you go there, my phone bill skyrocketed while I was there and even though the pregnancy makes it all okay, I still had to pay for it!!!

Good luck ladies :)

Kitty

Joined 3-Oct-11

26-Oct-11 12:01 am

That's great news Kitty and glad to hear the positive feedback.  I am a little bit older I just turned 42 last week.  My FSH is 7.5 and AMH is 5.78.  They will have me doing  Gonal-F 300 i.u. in the morning and Menopur 75 i.u. in the evening.  That is great that you had well more than 50% of your embryos the desired sex.  We are trying for a boy, I have 3 girls ranging in age from 14-21.  Did they do a trigger shot with you?  I keep hearing from people that if you do a trigger shot taking a home pregnancy test before beta can give you a false positive, have you heard this?  I will likely transfer 3 mainly because of my age and my odds have greatly decreased after going over 40 :(.  

I have booked a villa near the beach as I am bringing my youngest with us, so I wanted a place a bit more child friendly.  Can you just buy the local phone cards in any store?  They said since I booked my own place they will take the cost of the hotel off my total ammount.  My husband says he may rent a car while there.  I am actually flying 2 days before him and a home a few days later than him because of work commitments he has.  How soon after egg transfer did you travel home?  

Let me know if I'm bugging you with all my questions but you are pretty much the first person that has had recent treatment with them that I have spoken to, so i'm picking your brain a bit :).  

Joined 12-May-11

26-Oct-11 5:26 am

Hi Tamera,

You are not bugging me at all :))) It's actually nice to share my experiences with someone. I feel like I'm being helpful to someone who is going through the exact same thing that I did just a few weeks ago. I'm here for you! In fact, you are the reason why I check this website so often now, I usually logged on once in a few weeks!

I think renting a car would be the best idea if you are staying at the beach. We didn't want to deal with going back and forth, so we chose the closest option, so was really convenient and the hotel had its own bar and reastaurant, so we just stayed in most of the time. But having a car will let you do all sorts of stuff. We went to kyrenia once and it was just beautiful, you MUST try the brazilian steakhouse when you go, it's divine! We also did a tour of the bellapais church, which was an amazing experience, the view, the history, the FOOD :) I'm glad I don't live there, I would definitely be twice the size of what I am right now with all that food!

They gave me the trigger shot a day after I finished Gonal-F, and did egg collection two days later, well, not exactly two days. The nurse came and did the shot at the hotel room around 11 PM Thurs. night and they did the egg collection Sat. morning at 10 AM. You are right about the false positive, that's why they told me to wait for 12 days after the embryos were put in to do a blood test and not to rely on the hpt, apparently sometimes it can give a false positive, or sometimes it can't detect any pregnancy hormones (because it's in your blood earlier than urine??? I have no idea, it may not even make any medical sense :)))  but urine test somehow detects it later than blood test. 

About the local phone card, there is a tukcell (may have spelled it wrong) shop across the street from the clinic, so you can just cross the road after one of your visits and buy a prepaid card for your phone, it will be much cheaper that way, trust me, a lesson well learned by experience :)

I'm here for you, anything you want to know, just ask :) 

Page: of 15