Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

So it apprears I may actually have a HT opposite! Beyond Upset~

Joined 24-Oct-08

5-Oct-11 12:48 pm

So went back for another scan today at 17w 1day and we saw boys parts again (wrote a post at 14 weeks b/c we thought it looked like a boy) I have one potty shot that I can barely look at, talked to my RE's office and they are coordinating a scan hopefully for tomorrow morning b/c they are confident they transferred a female embryo. They said they will get to bottom of this, I only had 2 normal boys w/ SEVEN normal girls so what are the chances they switched a normal boy for this normal girl (we had several abnormal boys). I had 24 panel done w/ ICSI, I'm beyond devasated and completely lost it at the office. I can't even put into words how incredibly painful this is, my heart feels like it's broken. If it is a boy what a horrible way to enter the world, with a mom that can barely think about being pregnant at this point because she's so upset. I have girl clothes, nursey and name picked out. My boys have been asking for a sister and I was beyond excited to tell them it was a girl. Every person who has made some stupid comment about what I was having and me feeling like I had this wonderful secret. All the 1001 reasons we came up with to move forward with doing IVF for our family are completely out the window. Right now I feel numb and don't even know what to think. Here's the pic-

Joined 23-Feb-11

Top Poster
5-Oct-11 1:40 pm
I am so sorry dear. Believe it or not I cried seeing your post. I can imagine very well. I really pray they are wrong and it is indeed a girl for you. Hang on and pls update us

Joined 24-Oct-08

5-Oct-11 1:50 pm

http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m486/ctinva/

Couldn't get pic to post otherwise. Thanks

A girl for me...please!!!

Joined 13-Oct-08

Top Poster
5-Oct-11 1:51 pm

oh my, this is heartbreaking!

I saw your pic and I must agree this truly looks all boy!

How can this happen?

I really hope you can find peace with this and love this little one. 

Baby Boy(2002) Baby Boy(2005) Baby Boy(2007) Baby Boy(2009) Baby Boy(2010)

Due with a Baby Bear Girl July 2013

Joined 20-Sep-11

5-Oct-11 2:37 pm

I saw your ultrasound pic, and looks like a girl to me.  This is based on my previous experience of having 3 girls. 

Joined 3-Jul-08

5-Oct-11 2:57 pm
I am certainly not an expert, but the one thing I notice is that the middle line does not extend back.  I always thought that with a boy, you can see three lines, but the middle one is longer.  Your three lines look pretty similar so I would still hold out hope that it is indeed a girl.  I sure hope so!  I am getting nervous about these possible HT opposites!  Where did you cycle?

Baby BoyBaby Boy

I love my kids!

Joined 9-Feb-09

Top Poster
5-Oct-11 3:04 pm

I just happened across this post and I find it absolutely disgusting - your doctor's office needs to be held accountable if they transferred the wrong gender embryo!!!  Quality Control, Standard and Procedures?  Did those just fly out the window on this case?  I hate being one of those that mentions suing, but really....you deserve some kind of compensation if they really did transfer a boy.

I'm so sorry that it had to happen this way. I thought the ultrasound looked boyish but I hope I'm wrong. Heart

Baby Bear Girl Amelia 7/1/2010      Baby Bear Boy  Maddox  5/7/2012   [

Joined 15-Sep-11

5-Oct-11 3:05 pm
Oh my gosh..I am so sorry..I know how you feel though because I am sort of in the same boat..except that I do have a boy and a girl..I'm glad your clinic is taking a look,I can't even get mine to do that..many many hugs to you..I am praying so hard that it is a girl and the ultrasound was just funky..did you by any chance go through genesis genetics through your re?That's the lab my re uses..just curious

Baby Bear Boy/Baby Bear Boy twins 2009

Baby Bear Boy/Baby Bear Girl twins 2011

mommy of 3 sweet boys & 1 little princess

Joined 15-Sep-11

5-Oct-11 4:38 pm
I just looke at your picture and I gotta say..it looks a lot more like my girl than my boy.in fact,I don't see anything boy..did the sonographer explain why he or she thought this is a boy? I asked mine and it was pretty clear..

Baby Bear Boy/Baby Bear Boy twins 2009

Baby Bear Boy/Baby Bear Girl twins 2011

mommy of 3 sweet boys & 1 little princess

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
5-Oct-11 5:01 pm
It looks like it could be a cord and I hope thats what it is.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joined 24-Apr-09

Top Poster
5-Oct-11 8:48 pm

Um, isn't that a classic 3-lines sign going on?  To me it reads all girl!

BTW, the chances of human error in choosing or transfering the wrong embryo are slim, usually less than 1%.  So although it is possible, it is very unlikely.  It is more likely for a sonographers sex determination to be in error.

I bet that is what's happened in your case, although so keep us posted.

GZ

Baby Boy 2005
MS/IVF/PGD Baby Girl Baby Girl OHW Mar 2010 - Thank you IG, Dr. P, Lori, HRC and MS! 
Age 31 at cycle time, with elevated FSH (12.5)
More info: visit my detailed HT blog and/or see my cycle info

Joined 10-Jun-09

Top Poster
5-Oct-11 11:09 pm
I'm not convinced that's a boy either. I bet you have a girl in there an the techs are wrong. I hope you hear girl when you go in for your next scan. I really think you will.

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
5-Oct-11 11:28 pm
Wait...it looks girly to me with umbilical cord. I hope you can get another ultrasound soon to sort everything out. ((HUGS))

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Joined 9-Aug-11

6-Oct-11 12:59 am

To me it looks like girlparts! DonĀ“t loose hope!!!

Jodi

Joined 17-Mar-09

Top Poster
6-Oct-11 1:51 am

I am no expert either but I looked at the photo and I did not see boy parts ( and I have seen a lot). I hope you have your girl in there.

Baby Boy16 Baby Boy13 Baby Boy12Baby Boy12 Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy 1  Baby GirlDue 7th May 2010 OHW

Page: of 5