Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

I Thought I was done, I did afterall get what i wanted!

Joined 13-Oct-08

4-Oct-11 8:19 am

So, I have not been around for a couple of years, with help from ingender i concieved a little girl after my 3 boys and Im very happy!, but 4 kids has been hard work, she is a proper madam, just like everyone told me she would be!.

I love having a largeish family and felt our family was complete, then Anya turned 2  and ive started feeling broody again, granted this is much later than usual for me, i have 22 mths average between them all.

I keep telling myself im mad 4 is enough!, but other days I think how nice it would be perhaps a little sister for Anya... or brother she adores her big bros.

whose been in a similar position?, will these feeling dissapear? im 33 im not sure yet how DH feels, im assesing that lol but he is great its only really me & him with no family to care how they feel about us adding to our brood.

Thanks again everyone, i love visiting this site, everyone is so friendly x

Me,  Karen

Ethan Baby Boy (8), Jake Baby Boy (6), Owen Baby Boy (4), AnyaBaby Girl [2]

Kristen

Joined 18-Jan-08

Top Poster
9-Oct-11 5:43 pm
Hi Karen, I was in the same situation. Yes, I got what I wanted! BUt when our DD was getting closer to 2, we wanted to try for a sister! We got pg and as you can see from my siggy, I miscarried twins. We will probably wait a couple months to TTC again, but I totally understand where you are at with wanting another little one to add! GL with your decision!

Baby Boy 2000 Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2006 Baby Girl 2009  Heartbroken 8/18/2011 twins at 10 wks Heartbroken 12/11 Heartbroken 1/2012 Heartbroken4/2012 pregnancy week by week Expecting triplets!!! July, 2013 (is there a siggy for that?! )

Joined 13-Oct-08

13-Oct-11 5:20 am

Thanks Kristen,

Im sorry to hear about your m/c, that must have been awful, hope all goes well for you with next baby/ies x

I spoke to a mum at the school, she is the sister after 3 brothers, so asked her opinion, she said she was spoilt, her brothers were always overprotective of her but she always wished for a sister, what a coincidence lol

so, ive made my decision, just have to talk my oh around

take care Kristen, thanks for replying x

Me,  Karen

Ethan Baby Boy (8), Jake Baby Boy (6), Owen Baby Boy (4), AnyaBaby Girl [2]

Joined 8-Mar-09

Top Poster
13-Oct-11 5:29 am

I too got what I wanted a little girl, I also swayed. I thought I was done too but we will most likely go for it again trying to give dd a little sister. People will think we are mad, 4 kids! My first ds is from a previous relationship and he has a substantial age gap to our common kids and I hope this will make things a bit easier, but yes, I might have a 22 month gap between kids if I conceive within the first few cycles of trying (planning to start early 2012).

Good luck for whatever you decide. At the end of the day, its a personal decision, but I think 4 is a good number. Even and not totally mad yet if you konw what I mean? II dont think I would want more as I wouldnt be able to give each child the attention it needs. I will definreitly be done after number 4 regardless of gender xx

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

17-Oct-11 7:40 pm

i love having a large family but money it tight and space even tighter. i have alot of girls so i don't get a chance to do much special mommy/daughter bonding with each of them. i can say my sister is in the same boat as you. after 3 boys she finally got a girl. her daughter is 4 now. i asked her recently if she wanted another girl so my neice can have a sister and she said "well sometimes it makes me sad because the boys have each other but my daughter doesn't have a sister to play with but on the other hand i love having an only daughter. i can spoil her. if we want to go get our nails done or have lunch we can and i don't have to worry about if her sister gets enough attention. it makes our bond even stronger because she is so special to me." so i guess its a personal decision. i wouldn't trade my girls for a million boys but sometimes i wish i had more of me to go around. good luck with whatever you decide.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little on her way!

Page: of 1