Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Salt and conceiving a girl??

Joined 23-Aug-11

2-Oct-11 9:53 pm
I am a "salt-aholic" seriously! i have been since I was little. I salt everything! I am wondering if I am doomed with the fact I have so much salt in my diet to ever conceive a girl. With DS I craved it a ton. Now this pregnancy I crave it tons too. At first I thought maybe I craved it more so since my BP was 60 and it was just my body wanting it to elevate it. Now I think baby #2 is a boy due to the fact I have so much salt in my diet and girl diet says it is a no-no. Anyone conceive a girl with more salt in their diet then recommended for swaying?? TIA
Holden born 7/7/10~~~~~Hoping baby #2 is a HEALTHY baby GIRL.....3/23/12

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Oct-11 9:58 pm
A) salt is not healthy for u ttc or not. Maybe talk to ur dr re: ur salt intake. Is there something u can do to substitute it. I am on the girl diet and it us hard no salt, but seriously the salt factor and health is what keeps me motivated. I wasn't a huge salt fan prior to ttc but I have 3 ds's and I do eat salt. Other than the salt have u followed the girl diet

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 23-Aug-11

2-Oct-11 10:08 pm
I was also a SERIOUS salt person before I learned about swaying. I put salt on absolutely everything. Cutting out the salt and caffeine has been really painful for me. Hopefully it's worth it. I don't think pregnancy cravings have much to do with gender to be honest so you never know. Did you cut it down at all when you were TTC? I think diet is the most important factor but it's 50/50 to start with so you certainly have a chance.

Baby Bear Boy changed our lives in 2010, now Pray for Baby Bear Girl to complete our family

Joined 4-Feb-10

Top Poster
2-Oct-11 10:10 pm

I love salt too! When I conceived my DD I didn't know anything about swaying and didn't restrict my salt intake. I did however notice that my diet was very 'girl friendly' so perhaps that countered my salt intake.........

rumorhasit 12:
I am a "salt-aholic" seriously! i have been since I was little. I salt everything! I am wondering if I am doomed with the fact I have so much salt in my diet to ever conceive a girl. With DS I craved it a ton. Now this pregnancy I crave it tons too. At first I thought maybe I craved it more so since my BP was 60 and it was just my body wanting it to elevate it. Now I think baby #2 is a boy due to the fact I have so much salt in my diet and girl diet says it is a no-no. Anyone conceive a girl with more salt in their diet then recommended for swaying?? TIA

Baby Girl (2010)... Baby Girl #2 Due July 3, 2013

Joined 23-Aug-11

3-Oct-11 8:19 am
Cutting out salt is doable! Promise; ) Canadianttc-totally know it is...I actually am an RN :/ Everytime I hear stroke or see a Stroke patient, I think good lord that is going to be me! It is my vice I guess like all the RN's and Dr.'s I work with that smoke:/ I can totally cut it out. I guess I just was wondering if I had any hope with this pregnancy since it was already apart of my daily diet. If not I will be taking the strides to do it for me and my future kiddos: )

Joined 7-Mar-11

Top Poster
3-Oct-11 8:54 am

Joined 13-May-11

5-Oct-11 12:24 am
I'm also a salt freak. I used to salt or put soy sauce on everything. I dont anymore because I stopped after I got pregnant for our health. I'm also a huge red meat and potatoes girl. So defenetly not impossible as you can see by my siggy :)

Married Heart August 2008 - TTC since July 2008 - Heartbroken 03/2011 - Heartbroken 10/2011
BFP 12/26/10! Its a Baby Girl!

Baby Bear Girl born 08-28-11 @ 38 weeks

Joined 23-Aug-11

5-Oct-11 9:20 am
Awe Rosierose!! SHe is so sweet! COngrats! Thanks for the post and the fact that maybe just maybe BB2 is a girl: )
Page: of 1