Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

it's a boy and a girl

Joined 15-Sep-11

28-Sep-11 12:26 pm
Hello ladies..I haven't been able to get on the forums for awhile,kept getting error messages but I wanted to update..I had my elective gender scan last Wednesday and it's a boy and a girl..the sonographer said she's been doing it for 7 years and has never been wrong and even has a money back guarantee and she said she was 1000 percent sure that baby a is a boy and baby b is a girl..I'm not sad,just very much in shock.I did speak to my clinic and they aren't even willing to discuss any of it until the babies are born because they say ultrasound is unreliable and they're records indicate I had 2 normal xx(female)embryos transferred and they're sticking to that until an actual birth says otherwise... I've had 5 different sonographer altogether tell me baby a is a boy so if it were just one person I could understand..but 5 aren't wrong!

Baby Bear Boy/Baby Bear Boy twins 2009

Baby Bear Boy/Baby Bear Girl twins 2011

mommy of 3 sweet boys & 1 little princess

Joined 19-Nov-10

28-Sep-11 12:37 pm

Hey I was also unable to get on this site for days. I came here and immediately searched for your update.

I am so sorry that your clinic obviously screwed up majorly... The chances are so slim for something like that to happen but it obviously still does Sad

I really hope that you get your money back and that you overcome your shock and find a way to see the positives. (HUGS) Like I already mentioned - Baby Bear GirlBaby Bear Boy twins are so lovely (in my opinion) and maybe your DD will really enjoy being the only princess Hearts

Good luck with dealing with the clinic!

Godmother to a Baby Girl through www.worldvision.org

Joined 24-Oct-08

28-Sep-11 12:44 pm

Wow...I've been waiting to hear your update and I was hoping that the news would be different but it sounds like you're handling it really well (better than I would). Your kids are extremely lucky! 

Joined 15-Sep-11

28-Sep-11 12:50 pm
Thank you!I'm really not sad,I've had a few weeks of thinking it's a boy to get used to it and I'm ok with that. I am so thankful that they're both healthy and honestly the thought of 3 boys and 1 little girl has grown on me..but I am upset that I paid my clinic (a lot) to do something they didn't do..But being upset is pointless right now because they won't even talk to me until they're born so I'm just going to be happy for the health of these 2 babies and deal with their mistake after they're born..my due date is 1-23-12 so it's gonna be awhile(hopefully!!)!

Joined 15-Sep-11

28-Sep-11 1:01 pm
I will add this though..I think I'm not having a complete meltdown because I got one girl..I have gone over other scenarios like if it were 2 more boys or if only one had stuck and it was the boy...I would be In a much different place.i had seriously considered only transferring one but I said 2 in the end and I'm so happy I did..and this is what it is..no amount of crying or screaming would change this..so I've been thinking of how cute it will be to have b/g twins and not focusing on the negative..

Joined 7-Apr-10

Top Poster
28-Sep-11 1:09 pm

Joined 15-Sep-11

28-Sep-11 1:22 pm
I did get pics and I will post them when I get to work in the morning..I would still do pgd for a girl just not at Abington..i've had some time to adjust but this whole thing is surreal to me.99.9 percent accurate!!and I'm the one that gets the human error!!! My biggest fear before I started the process was having no girls for transfer,not that they'd grab the wrong dish or whatever happened..and the lady on wednesday even pointed out to me that the baby's penis was next to the cord so it definitely wasn't cord she was seeing..

Joined 7-Apr-10

Top Poster
28-Sep-11 1:28 pm

Joined 23-Feb-11

Top Poster
28-Sep-11 1:50 pm
I was tired of the darn monkeys for almost a week. Was waiting to hear your update. Very shocking.. I am getting so nervous now. We put back one girl embryo(hopefully!) and I am close to 9 weeks pregnant. Did you happen to find out the sex of the baby during the 14 weeks u/s? I am glad you have one girl atleast. You definitely have to get back your money from your RE.

Joined 15-Sep-11

28-Sep-11 1:56 pm
I could see what she was seeing and the fact that 5 different techs all said boy is too many to think it could be wrong..

Joined 15-Sep-11

28-Sep-11 2:03 pm
I did not see gender at all until my 1st elective ultrasound at 17 weeks when 2 different techs said boy iffily and that was the 1st time I was told boy and then at my 21 weeks ultrasound 2 different techs said boy and just last week the last one said boy as well..honestly mistakes are so rare..I'm sure you have a little girl in there!!

Joined 7-Jun-07

Top Poster
28-Sep-11 3:44 pm
Has your clinic had you come in to do their OWN ultrasound? If so, I'm surprised. They have to be freaking out because that's a pretty major error, especially if their records are indicating they transfered two XX's.  Maybe they just truly believe that those techs are wrong, and maybe they ARE wrong.  But if they're right, I'm so glad you're at peace with a boy and a girl - maybe you get an amazing surprise at delivery, but if not what a lovely twin set to be getting.  I'd start thinking about how you're going to spend your $15k (or whatever it was) refund. :-)

Joined 15-Sep-11

28-Sep-11 4:38 pm
They have not had me come in nor have they asked me to..when I talked to my dr.he was very convinced that the ultrasound techs were in error and he told me that he didn't even want to discuss it until after I've given birth so I'm just kind of in waiting right now.i am at peace much more than I was initially because it just is what it is..and getting upset over it won't change it..

Joined 9-Aug-11

29-Sep-11 1:53 am

Hi twinmamax2!

I´m sorry it all didn´t work out as you hoped and planned for! I´m not sure how I would feel myself, probably devastated at first.

But if you try to see things from a different angle- this boy has certainly struggled to become part of this world against all odds! That is so amazing-what a special boy this must be! And also you do get the girl you always wanted! I agree-boy/girl twin is very cute!

Good luck with everything!

Joined 16-Jul-08

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

29-Sep-11 9:55 am

I'm not too shocked by your update, but more (like you) just how it all happened. I also can't believe your clinic isn't more concerned. It's understandable that they can't consider your baby a true opposite until the sex is confirmed by birth, but I believe if I worked there I'd want to see the evidence for myself before then so I could start retracing my steps and prepare for that outcome. 

I'm glad you're doing OK with the results. There's a lot to love about having b/g twins even if it was not at all what you planned for. And if this is by some bizarre circumstance an ultrasound mistake (or five), you'll have a quite a story to tell either way. 

Happy Sunshine  2003   Happy Sunshine  2006   Happy Sunshine  2009

Three times lucky ... and we're done. Hearts

Page: of 4