Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

* Updates *

Joined 11-Jan-11

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 2:43 pm
I was thinking we could all randomly post our update blurbs here? Just put how many weeks you are, how you're feeling, and what has been going on whenever you feel like it. I have a hard time keeping track of everyone! :)

Here's my first update:

I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. (TMI!!) I've been having crazy diarrhea all day with cramping. Hoping it's just my system acting up but it does make me wonder considering I've had the opposite problem this entire pregnancy. Thanks to Vendela I was able to figure out I have SPD. I found a lot of ways to keep it to a minimum and I am enjoying less pain now. I have to stay conscious of how I move though but it has allowed me to feel a lot less horrible at night. (MORE TMI) I freaked out a bit this morning when I had a gush of liquid come out when I had diarrhea. It didn't feel like I was peeing so my waters totally crossed my mind. Nothing really going on since aside from a backache though so I think I'm safe. Maybe baby's head finally let me pee, lol.

I've been stressing about money lately. Especially because DH won't get commission when he's on vacation after baby comes. I've been cutting our groceries back as tight as I can to try and save a few dollars here and there. I'm so thankful that everything is ready for Ben. I have a box of 1 and a box of 2 diapers. I can never remember how long they last and some people say boys use more since they will sometimes pee in the fresh one while changing them because of the cool air. My girls never used the 12/day everyone talks about. Maybe 6-7 a day on average in the beginning. I still feel good that we at least have SOME to start off with.

Got the car seat in the car and my girls are all accustomed to their new seating arrangements. My bag is packed except clothes. I only own a couple of things so I can't pack clothes in advance. I'll just shove them in on the way out the door. I don't leave home much aside from groceries and DD1's school anyway because of how expensive gas is. I'm too afraid I won't have enough to make it to the hospital otherwise.

I so wish I could worry less about money and really enjoy this time. It makes me kind of sad that I can't go crazy after finally getting my little boy but I'm also trying to keep my head up knowing that HE is the ultimate gift. Not what he wears, the gear he has, or how much we go out. I'm kind of looking forward to spending some time alone cuddling him. I know he will make my worries go away at least temporarily. I also look forward to being successful with breastfeeding. I really enjoyed that time with DD2 and I kind of miss it. It has it's ups and downs but it really gave me a chance to sit down quietly and enjoy staring at her big brown eyes. I'm also day dreaming about putting him in the Moby wrap. That was another thing I really loved. DD2 would snuggle into my boobs and pass out with her mouth open. I could hear her snoring while I shopped.

Can't wait for my appointment on Wed. I have to do the strep test but it's no biggie. Love that I'm in the weekly appointments now. Hate that DH can't come. He never missed appointments with the girls but he has missed all but a couple this time. His new company sucks. I've decided I'm going to let her to dilation checks. If I had normal labors I wouldn't but because they're so ridiculously fast after 4-5cm I want to have a little hint of what is going on. Things progressed the same with both my girls with dilation but the final stage got shorter by half the time. I know it might not be a good indicator but it has helped a lot in the past.

Time to go nest some more, lol.

Post your updates!!

Sad FlowerBaby Girl 2002  Baby Girl 2006  Baby Girl 2008  &  Baby Boy 2011!!!

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 5:33 pm

36 + 5

RD - money is always on my mind too.  I am so upset with myself for not being able to just let it go and focus on the positive.  Afterall, getting super busy at workright now would NOT be ideal timing.  Besides, whenever things have been tough in the past, I look back and I wish I could have told my past self not to worry!  It always worked out before.

I had my home visit today with the midwives.  The doctor will not be attending afterall, which is fine by me.  He wanted the cash but wouldn't bill the insurance for some reason.  They gave me a better deal - $3500 - plus, they will bill everything and hopefully get us a nice chunk back in 3-6 months.  I used all the eBay money we have been saving to pay them.

I am just waiting on my birthing tub and the birth kit but everything else is semi-ready.  Now that we paid and signed the contract, she can come anytime and we can have her in my room - which I have coined my "birthing sanctuary."  :)

I will also start weekly or bi-weekly accupuncture treatments.  The midwives said that they have seen a huge difference between the moms that started accupuncture at 36 weeks and not.  Labor moves a lot faster and stalls less frequently.  I'll try anything!

I'm feeling pretty good.  Just shy of 30lbs gained.  No swelling.  Blood pressure is great.  Need to start some stretching and get on a sex routine.  Like TTC all over again!

Having a maternity photo shoot on Saturday.  Should be pretty fun!  

AL  :)

Wishing we could have 1 m

Joined 13-Oct-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 9:12 pm

I hope this doesn't sound creepy or anything. Lol. But I would love to send you some baby stuff that I'm not using. Our home is pet-free and smoke-free and anything else with allergens (since my boys have some). Just e-mail me at pateyface@gmail.com and we can talk more. Happy

DH (25) + Me (24) Together 7 wonderful years, married for 4
Our beautiful family = Baby Boy5 Baby Boy4 Baby Boy3 Baby Girl1.5 (Born March 6, 2011 - was due March 29)
Desperately wanting another baby, but DH had V June 2011 - Trying to convince him to get VR Pray

Joined 11-Jan-11

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 9:33 pm
pateyface:

I hope this doesn't sound creepy or anything. Lol. But I would love to send you some baby stuff that I'm not using. Our home is pet-free and smoke-free and anything else with allergens (since my boys have some). Just e-mail me at pateyface@gmail.com and we can talk more. Happy

You are SO sweet! I really appreciate the offer but I think we are ok on baby stuff. A friend gave me clothing from her boys awhile back. It's worn pretty well but it'll work, kwim? I hate to take things when someone else might need it more. We're ok on other stuff too since we kept all our baby toys and I got any gear with our tax return a few months back. Collecting diaper coupons now as well as planning to go generic if his little butt will cooperate. =)

Joined 13-Oct-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 9:44 pm

Good, glad to hear. I don't have small sized clothing as we got rid of it all lol, but I have diapers and wipes. I have TONS and I got most of them for free by using coupons. I have smaller sizes DD has outgrown (brand new still in sealed packages). I have some other baby items too. I'd love to ship it to you if you'll use it. I don't need it and what person couldn't use more good karma right? Lol.

Our beautiful family = Baby Boy5 Baby Boy4 Baby Boy3 Baby Girl1.5 (Born March 6, 2011 - was due March 29)
Desperately wanting another baby, but DH had V June 2011 - Trying to convince him to get VR Pray

Joined 11-Jan-11

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 9:52 pm
You're *amazing* and I totally just emailed you!

Joined 13-Oct-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 10:01 pm

Just e-mailed you back. Happy Smile

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 1:59 am
35 weeks I am itchy all over my legs and feet, it's ridiculous! It sometimes spreads to the back of my neck too. I posted on a Facebook group for preggos and they said I should contact the midwives as it could indicate some sort of liver problem and if so I will have to be induced. I also have to call them today to get the result from my urine sample, I will keep you all up to date on that. I hear you both on the money situation. I am doing okay actually, I have a bit of money from when my nan passed in April but only some. That gets put towards home and baby but with my DS's birthday on Sunday I am having to focus on him and leave the baby until next week. I just need to find a cute chest of drawers and little bits and bobs. DP is away until Thursday so I am hoping everything stays okay until then!

Baby Boy Sept 09 | Baby Girl Oct 11

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 11:26 am

ChelseaRae:
35 weeks I am itchy all over my legs and feet, it's ridiculous! It sometimes spreads to the back of my neck too.

I would have that checked out. Call your m/w or the hospital. Have read it can mean liver problem as well. Better safe than sorry Love Ya!

3Baby Boy  3Heartbroken  1Baby Girl

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 11:30 am

alsestis"]I will also start weekly or bi-weekly accupuncture treatments. [/quote] 

Just looked into this and can't do it as it's waaaay too expensive here - so disappointed Sad

[quote user="alsestis"] Need to start some stretching and get on a sex routine.  Like TTC all over again![/quote]

Yup, need to do this too. According to my pregnancy diary with DS3 I BDed 3 times/ week int he weeks leading up to his birth at 39+5 Surprise DH and I are very far from that now! Happy LMAO

[quote user="alsestis:

Having a maternity photo shoot on Saturday.  Should be pretty fun!  

Enjoy! Happy Smile

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 11:32 am

RD - Guess what?! I also have pain in my pubic bone now Doh! Maybe baby moved down ther last couple of days or it's just a 4th child thing, never had this before - booo! Disagree

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 11:53 am

36 weeks tomorrow. Or 36+5 according to my hospital notes...

Had forgotten how difficult the 9th month is Doh!  Maybe I'm having more pains and aches this time, I don't know but house work or going for a walk always end up with me being absolutely exhausted with terrible back and tummy pain Sad Feel like an old lady!  This is when I feel like moaning big time but people just say "Not long now" which is true but the days are going SO slowly. I know she will be here soon but it feels miles away... So yeah, not enjoying this much at the moment, waaaaay too emotional, impatient and irritated instead of actually trying to enjoy these last few weeks I'm just fed up and grumpy Hmm

Joined 11-Jan-11

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 12:01 pm
Al - I hope the acupuncture works out for you.. you'll have to report back on how you feel afterward! Also, I'm so happy you're able to try for your homebirth! I'm kind of jealous! I'm not sure where I will end up giving birth at this point.. going with the flow! LOL! Glad you're still feeling good! I totally want to see the maternity pics! And as for the sex? Oh man... I really want to but my parts just aren't the same anymore these days. TMI but DH's stuff gives me a yeast infection every time with this pregnancy. Not sure sex is still worth it without that? It'll give me contractions but that's about it.

Chelsea - Def. get the itchies checked out. Could just be PUPPS? No fun no matter what it is but can't hurt to have it investigated. I feel you on the birthday thing. I just survived my DD2's birthday. We had her celebration last Monday and it was the only day it rained in the middle of a heat wave so it ruined our swimming plans. I already only had a couple presents for her for I was feeling guilty. Then her real birthday was last Thursday and the power went out during the heat wave. The whole thing was record breaking. She spent the day crying with constipation and then sobbing about the dark being scary and saying the lights "died." DH got stuck for 4 hours 30mi away in a driveway because every light in the county was out and the dummies here don't know how to drive. It was so stressful!! So glad things are cooling down and power is back though. It's funny how easy it is to forget how nice modern life is. I hope you can come up with a fun inexpensive birthday plan for your DS. Community pools and parks are great for that. Check out Walmart for some 99ยข streamers and balloons. They have $7.99 round cakes too that they customize for free. They even have those cute new cupcake cakes in dinosaur shapes and stuff but they're a bit more. And hot dogs are crazy cheap. Good luck and let us know how everything goes! (How old is he turning?)

Vendela - If it's SPD try keeping your legs together as much as possible. (I know, it's ironic, lol.) I noticed I was getting up with mine apart because my belly was in the way but if I keep them together and get up sort of sideways I can prevent pain in the moment as well as a great deal of pain later in the day. Same goes for rolling in bed, getting up to pee, and getting off the toilet. I've saved myself so many tears by the end of the day by just being more conscious about how I move. Also, stay away from stairs as much as you can and if you have to use them then go up a step and bring your feet together then go up another instead of alternating. It's slow, annoying, and looks idiotic... but hey.. it's a lot less pain later!

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 12:04 pm

today i am 35 weeks woot woot! I feel like im a 100 weeks pregnant my pelvic hurts and my back just kills me. She is a very active little girl, yippee!! just what i need a crazy kid! Joshua is such a great baby chill, listens so good for his age, so i think she will make up for it. I hope not but I dont think she sleeps very much she rolls my stomache my boys was never like this, i thought her kicks would be so dainty but nope she is like a freakin soccer player!Stick out tongue i go to the doctor on Thursday, im sure he will start seeing me weekly. He checked me my last appt and i wasnt dialated at all. I have been having some contractions and i feel her more down into my pelvic so maybe there will be some change this time.

I have my bags packed still need to buy a few items, got the carseat and outfits ready for little miss. My dh went to the store the other day and came back with an outfit for her. Surprise i thought that would never happen! i think his little girl is growing on him. its going to be so sweet to see him with a little girl. Actually that is what I am most looking forward to. I cant wait to see his face. Love Ya!

I had strep b with my last 2 boys so i am guessing i will have it again. Im not sure when he will test me for that. I am looking forward to being in the hospital,  i see it as a vacation from being everyones maid. i just enjoy being all alone with just me and the baby at night. Hopefully i can get an induce date this time i have to have a date so i can set up where my kids are going to be. My aunt who lives and hour and a half away from the hospital will be keeping joshua i am so sad that he wont be able to be at the hospital when I have her. Sad

hopefully my next update will include some baby pictures!Happy Wink

HeartsBaby Bear Boy8Baby Bear Boy7Baby Bear Boy3Baby Bear Girl1Hearts

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
13-Sep-11 12:23 pm
He is turning 2 on Sunday, I have been out shopping all day for him and finally managed to come up with an idea for his birthday, we're taking him to a farm, he will love it! As for the itchiness, I didn't speak to them today as they didn't have my results in so I am going To see how tonight goes as I am going to have a warm bath to see what that does to help. I WILL ring them in the morning if nothing changes.

Baby Boy Sept 09 | Baby Girl Oct 11

Page: of 16