Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

two boy yeates, thinking of you!

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 7:31 am
Hi ladies i had wondered how two boy yeates was, i know from other posts she was having some baby size issues, i hope she doesnt mind me posting on here, i saw her post on the gender dissapointment forum on here. Sadly she has complications the placenta isnt functioning very well, low amniotic fluid and baby is measuring small, although theres no chromosomal problems she has been told its unlikely the baby will survive :( It is a little boy. Im so sorry she is going through this, cannot imagine how she is feeling. I hope you log in soon hun were all here should you need to talk, so sorry again

My princess Aaliyah is here, how lucky am i x

Kieran 8Baby Bear Boy  Ryan 7Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 05/04  Ellis 5Baby Bear Boy  Jamie 4Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 08/09  Aaliyah  Baby Bear Girl

Suprise baby on the way edd 31/01/2012 Lilypie Maternity tickers>

Joined 13-Mar-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

12-Sep-11 12:30 pm

Thank you for posting this clairelouise, I knew there were concerns about baby's growth but I didn't know things were this serious. What awful newsSad Flower.

two boys yeates, I am thinking about you and sending many prayers your way. I pray your little guys stays strongPrayPray

owl siggy

Joined 30-Jan-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 1:05 pm

two boy yeates, Im also thinking of you and hoping you're doing ok....

Annika

-Annika- Happy mom of 4 boys and expecting a Baby Girl in early january2012! WooHoo!!

Can't wait to meet my Princess!!!!HeartHeartHeart

Baby Boy8,Baby Boy6,Baby Boy6,Baby Boy1

Make a pregnancy ticker

My Chasing the dream gender journey:

SET Baby Bear Girl IVF/PGD 22.5.2009(st Petersburg,AVA) = BFN :(

My IVF process:

7.5  "Long" waited AF arrived!

8.5 First u/s, everything Ok.

9.5  Puregon 150IU injection in the evening --- woohoo , my first shot!

10.5-12.5  same dosage, Puregon 150IU

13.5 Planned u/s number 2.+First Cetrotide shot, 14 follicles

13.-14.5 Same dosage

15.5 3rd u/s, final agreement of the ER day, 10 follicles 10-19mm

16.5 same dosage, both cetrotide & Puregon

+ Ovitrelle

17.5 trip to Russia starts

18.5 ER : 4 eggs

19.5 all 4 eggs were fertilized, we came back home

21.5 4 embryos to PGD : 1 healthy girl, 1 healthy boy, 1 abnormal, 1 degenerated

22.5   SET Baby Bear Girl

2.6 BETA: < 3    BFN :(

Joined 31-Jul-07

14-Sep-11 9:25 am

Ah thankyou guys, have been coming here but so quiet I havent posted.  Yes not great news but I cant really worry to much until things become a bit clearer!  Anyone have a crystal ball!! lol.  Have seen the consultant who was really bleak last thurs, then had an appointment monday to discuss my options, considered termination but I dont think I could do that, then he appeared to be slightly more positive.  had a quick scan on monday which shows fluid levels had reduced from the thurs scan.  Really frustrating cause he thinks its likely to be early placenta insufficiency but the placenta is functioning normally and up to the monday scan the fluid levels were in normal range.  Usually the small baby comes after all these things so I am just wondering why its not growing much. This time he didnt seem to think my fibroid 10cm was the cause.  We were supposed to be going on holiday abroad in 10 days but am going to have to cancel cause I cant risk delivery there!!  I also had a long chat with the neonatologist and she gave me some statistics about outcomes of gestational age and weights of babys.  Fortunately we live in the uk in an area with one of the better neonatal care units in the country. As regards to gaining weight and pregnancy symptoms I have lost 3 pounds this week, boobs less tender and leaking and tummy reducing in size.!! Very weird just hope that whatever happens if this baby does not make it it decides soon so I can move on. The hardest thing is just not knowing what is round the corner and when. As you can see from another post it is a boy! I have only told you guys, my husband doesnt even know cause he was not with me for the thurs scan. The only other person who knows is my mum, people keep asking me but I tell them I dont know cause I dont want them thinking its ok cause its a boy its still my precious baby.  In any case I am desperate to look and buy a knew pram and make plans. Look frorward to hearing about what you guys are all up to.

Joined 30-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Sep-11 10:12 am

Hi

I have to admire yur positive attitude all the way :)! It seems like you are taking day by day and giving the little baby all the possible chances there is to join your family Hearts Congrats on your babyboy!! Boys are wonderfull!, I totally understand your decision not telling people, Im doing the same though Im having the long awaited girl...but I feel like I dont want no one to take this baby differently than my precious boys were when I was pg. Your sweet babyboy is probably already so special to you since there's so much worry around pregnancy ? and I hope truly that he will stay few more months atleast and you end up having him safely to this world Pray

keep us posted and feel free to post if you ever need to talk or share/need some support - we're here for you

Annika

-Annika- Happy mom of 4 boys and expecting a Baby Girl in early january2012! WooHoo!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

My IVF process:

13.-14.5 Same dosage

+ Ovitrelle

21.5 4 embryos to PGD : 1 healthy girl, 1 healthy boy, 1 abnormal, 1 degenerated

Joined 31-Jul-07

14-Sep-11 4:39 pm

Thankyou Annika really appreciate your kind words.

Really I understand that you are keeping the gender to yourself we certainly would have too, will be a fantastic surprise for all your friends and family. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
16-Sep-11 4:05 am
Really hoping you have a happy outcome, and that things get sorted asap so you know where you stand the waiting and not knowing must be immensly frustrating. We too havent told people our ideas on gender, thats our little secret, and who knows we may well be wrong anyway x x

Kieran 8Baby Bear Boy  Ryan 7Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 05/04  Ellis 5Baby Bear Boy  Jamie 4Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 08/09  Aaliyah  Baby Bear Girl

Joined 31-Jul-07

20-Sep-11 10:14 am

My next scan is on friday, the weeks just take forever! I am feeling this baby has actually grown thisweek! Fingers crossed for friday. Really disappointed I had to cancel my holiday today, was suppossed to be going abroad with my family but cause of pregnancy problems I cannot risk going! Hope all you guys are doing well.

Joined 30-Jan-09

Top Poster
20-Sep-11 12:02 pm

Hi TBY !

Im so glad to hear you think the baby has grown :) I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for your scan on friday. Is your family going on holiday ? so sorry you had to cancel the trip.

GL to the scan, keep us posted!

Annika

Make a pregnancy ticker

My IVF process:

13.-14.5 Same dosage

+ Ovitrelle

Joined 31-Jul-07

28-Sep-11 3:40 pm

Hi Annika and all.

What has been going on, I havent been able to get on here for about a week!!!  I have got so much done! lol.   I kept getting the monkeys.

Anyway had a scan on fri, baby has grown but originally it was measuring 2 weeks behind now its 3! So great it has grown but it is slow.  The amniotic fluid has reduced again but the placenta appears to be working fine, Its all a bit of a mystery! I guess only time will tell. I hope you guys are all doing well.

And yes Annika we all cancelled our holiday my parents felt they couldnt go away with the uncertainty and we would have been stuck for child care if I ended up in hospital.

Joined 30-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Sep-11 1:03 am

Hi TBY, Oh, Im so happy for your good news...atleast he has grown....what did the doctors think about the pregnancy prognose ? Where they more positive about it? Do you think they will induce you earlier due to his slow growth ? the more weeks go by, I think he has all the chances to survive, with present neonatal intensive care. Im so much hoping he will make it and stays there for a while still Pray

Take care and keep us posted, have been thinking about how you're doing

Annika

Make a pregnancy ticker

My IVF process:

13.-14.5 Same dosage

+ Ovitrelle

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Sep-11 8:19 am

Hi hun, im thinking thats good news, gla he has grown, and if the placenta is functioning well, that has to be good? xx

Joined 31-Jul-07

29-Sep-11 10:34 am

Hi, yes is good news really cause the longer he stays in the better the survival rate, but cause of the reduced fluid there is more of a risk of cord compression! So have to keep a close eye on my movements, which I dont get many of anyway. Still not certain what the outcome will be and not getting to attached yet. As regards to timing of delivery that will be dependant on the growth, fluid levels and placenta! All unknown at the moment.  I have to be carefull calling him he cause I havent told my husband what it is so dont want to get to used to saying it! Another scan next friday another week to wait!

Joined 31-Jul-07

7-Oct-11 5:38 am

Hi all I went for a scan yesterday. It was more positive  than I expected.  Baby is now consistently 3 weeks behind but following its own centile, amniotic fluid is now normal again. The most concerning thing is that the babys movements on scan are few and far between. The consultant said he is baffled by this baby!! He has suggested I have steroid injections to mature the lungs as he cannot give me any idea as to what the next few weeks will bring.  Although I am pleased I am also feeling a bit unerved that he doesnt know either. 

Joined 13-Mar-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

7-Oct-11 8:56 am

two boys yeates:

Hi all I went for a scan yesterday. It was more positive  than I expected.  Baby is now consistently 3 weeks behind but following its own centile, amniotic fluid is now normal again. The most concerning thing is that the babys movements on scan are few and far between. The consultant said he is baffled by this baby!! He has suggested I have steroid injections to mature the lungs as he cannot give me any idea as to what the next few weeks will bring.  Although I am pleased I am also feeling a bit unerved that he doesnt know either. 

Wow what a rollercoaster! I'm so happy to hear there is mostly good news, you have such a strong little guy in there! Perhaps he wasn't moving much because he was sleeping? I had a lot of ultrasounds with DS3 and during some scans he was squirming all over the place but during others he barely moved the whole scan. The tech said he was probably sleeping during those scans.

Thanks for keeping us updated on you and your baby, will keep praying for you both!

owl siggy

Page: of 2