Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

please help me start form the beginning!!!!!PLEASE!!!!

Yasmin

Joined 11-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

12-Sep-11 3:36 am

ok here goes,

i have a happy healthy family that include 3 boys and i conceived my daugher directly after a second mc so she was a totla suprise. i have had about 3 clear mc's in the past that is 6-8 weeks, and a couple of chemicals on the way too. i always wondered why even if i planned a pregnancy right to the  moment of O, and beyond it always ended up in a failure.  i concieved my sons by chance and usually after several attmepts with high risk of mc due to beleeing in early pregnacy with all of them. i have always been ok on the pill the moment i would come off my cycles would go haywire. i finally had myself tested and it has been found i suffer form PCOS. i am now nearing 40, about 3 years away and i have managed to convince my husband for my final baby which i am sure you understand i would like to be a girl. obviously my fear is that i cannot take risks again now due to genetic disorders increasing with my age, the fact i got pcos and the bottom line being my husband only sees the point of my desire for a last child would be it were a sister for my daughter who is now 3.

i was over the moon when he told me that he rather pay and go down the high tech way to ensure for a girl rather than risking a boy or me having miscarriages and failed riksed attempts.

so here i am sat at my comp and he told me that next year could be our year to try and i should get researching. but i have NO IDEA where to begin. ideally i would like to get the procedure done in atlanta as it is there where he goes to work ( we are from the UK and he is based there couple of weeks every year). but reading the website for the clinic there it seems they only provide PGD for other purposes than gender selection.

we may choose to go to california as i can see there seems to be a clinic there who undertakes this procedure for gender selection as well.

so here are my questions,

1 - which clinic in california is the highly recommended clinic for this procedure with a good rep and high success rate and who is the doctor?

2 - what should i do from now prior to this procedure to prepare my body for better results esp if i have PCOS.

3 - becasue coming and going to the US wouldnt be feasable for us with 4 kids priro to the procedure how do they prepare us for it, are there any protocols to follow and can i get a consultation prior to the proecedure over the phone or do i need to be there. will they send me suppliments tp prepare my body for the procedure?

4 -- how long does the actual procedure take place. my children have 6 week holiday. i am willing to go for slightly longer but once done do i need to keep going back esp if i did fall pregnant?

4- do we have more than 1 attempt if our first attempt fails for the cost paid. is there a number of attepts possible with the initial payment included?

5 - and do people with PCOS have less of a chance with this procedure? are there methods and supplements to help those with PCOS to improve the succes of PGD for people with PCOS?

6 - what is the time line  fromthe initial consultation of the procedure to say if you were successful in the first attempt.

7. any other clinics in the US that have a high success rate in this procedure and what are the costs involved. i know it is different everywhere. a figure of how much it would cost would be great!

8. anyone who knows a reputable clinic in europe is welcome to fill me in on that as well. i hear there is one in cyprus. what is the name and who is the doctor and anyone who has done successful PGD feel free to message me to let me know where and with whom you have carried out this procedure.

THANK YOU EVER  so much.,...this is life long dream for me. having a daughter and being able to give jher sister as well.

Mum to 5 of 4 princes and one princess!!!!!! Expecting no.6 :)........hoping for another princess to complete my family once and for all......but a 5th prince is very welcome too :)

Joined 2-Dec-10

12-Sep-11 10:37 am
Hi toomanyboys! I hope I can help..somewhat. First let me say that I completely understand all of your feelings right now for wanting a dd, your fear of having more miscarriages ( I am so sorry about that), etc So let me try and answer some of your questions as best as I can . The women here are great and will chime in to help as well This was the first website I found 3 years ago when I found out my 2nd child was another boy and here I am ...still...going on to IVF try # 3 to pursue my dream of having a dd. 1. Dr. Potter at HRC in CA is very well known for doing IVF for gender selection and you can get all 24 chromosomes tested to ensure only healthy girl embryos get transferred. 2. I think that eating a high protein diet helps PCOS, being at a good weight and exercise. You can take supplements if you are open to that - there are studies that suggest that DHEA can help improve egg quality. 3. You can do a phone consultation with Dr. Potter and speak to Lori WHelan the Nurse coordinator at HRC and she can help to get your cycle going...etc. I think you will have to be in CA for maybe like 10 days ( I only know this from speaking to other women who have gone there and cycled with Dr. Potter but didn't live in CA.--so it is doable 4. You can begin all your baseline and monitoring in your home state / country and then fly out to CA when you are ready for egg retrieval and transfer. I would say the whole cycle from baseline....to starting stimulation meds...to egg retrieval to egg transfer is usually about a month... Once you transfer your eggs you can go home and be monitored by your own OB-GYN. 5. I am not sure about how many attempts you can get with regard to payment ..dr. may do something like 3 tries for a certain price....etc. 6. many women with PCOS have success...you should put a post here and ask to chat with them..they can help 7.about a month or so 8. I would say about 14,000..but I am from NY..maybe a bit more costly here. 9. I don't know any clinics in Europe- sorry I wish you soooo much luck!!! Hope this helped.

Baby BoyBaby Boy  praying for Baby Girl in 2011

IVF/PGD (CCS-Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening- tests all chromosomes) started bcp 3/14/11,began stims 3/26/11. ER 4/9/11- 13 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 7 fertilized. 5 girls, 2 boys- only 1 normal male No Transfer :( 

Cycle 2- Stims to start 5/6/11

ER, 5/18- 6 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized- only 2 made it to day 6-frozen: 1 girl, 1 boy - both abnormal. Cycle 3 (final try)....Estrogen Priming. Start oral estrogen 9/11/11... 4 eggs retrieved, only 2 made it to biopsy on day 6 and Frozen-- We have 1 NORMAL GIRL>>> FET TO COME!

Yasmin

Joined 11-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

12-Sep-11 12:07 pm

awwwww...thanks for that.....wow 1 month is great so i just need to get into a regular cycle coming off the pill and then  fly down there in and around O right? i will defnately try and look into dr potter's clinic. it is so much to take in. the price is not as scary as i thought. but then again i have to lunch 4 kids with me so maybe it will bite us when we get down to it and it fails???

i still cannot believe this is happening!!!!!

Mum to 5 of 4 princes and one princess!!!!!! Expecting no.6 :)........hoping for another princess to complete my family once and for all......but a 5th prince is very welcome too :)

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
12-Sep-11 12:19 pm
In Cyprus is dr Savvas Koundouros from the genesis clinic in Limassol. He is very successful and famous and he offers also spermsort if you like. A cycle costs less then 10.000 euros. All the questions about your cycle you can ask him personally via email because he answers the emails himself. A few ladies on this board went to him with success. I'm going 30 sept, it will be my first cycle......good luck with your decision!

Joined 2-Dec-10

12-Sep-11 12:43 pm
toomanyboys- i would contact the dr. you want to cycle with asap..if you want to cycle soon. you would have to get AF Get baseline bloodwork and u/s (which can be done by a local clinic and sent to Dr. Potter- if you choose him) He will then put together a protocol for you to follow There is no need to fly there until you give yourself the HCG shot which will trigger ovulation of your eggs that grew during the cycle and that is at the end of the cycle...then depending on what testing you do of the embryos 3 days vs. 5 days will determine when you will have a transfer

Baby BoyBaby Boy  praying for Baby Girl in 2011

IVF/PGD (CCS-Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening- tests all chromosomes) started bcp 3/14/11,began stims 3/26/11. ER 4/9/11- 13 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 7 fertilized. 5 girls, 2 boys- only 1 normal male No Transfer :( 

Cycle 2- Stims to start 5/6/11

ER, 5/18- 6 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized- only 2 made it to day 6-frozen: 1 girl, 1 boy - both abnormal. Cycle 3 (final try)....Estrogen Priming. Start oral estrogen 9/11/11... 4 eggs retrieved, only 2 made it to biopsy on day 6 and Frozen-- We have 1 NORMAL GIRL>>> FET TO COME!

Joined 5-Jun-10

29-Sep-11 2:42 pm
I am not keeping up so well with this forum lately but felt compelled to respond to you. I would check out RBA in Atlanta, as they definitely do gender selection and I've heard great things about them. I would also investigate the cause of the m/c as well - is that common with PCOS? There could also be a uterine problem and you would want to address that to make sure you give any IVF embryos the best chance possible. Good luck to you.

ETA: Ah just saw the other post where you were already advised on RBA, so hope that works out for you... I am way behind on this board... can't deal with the monkeys.

Page: of 1