Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Did you get an Amnio/CVS with normal GSN transfer?

Joined 28-May-07

Top Poster
5-Sep-11 7:55 am

Has anyone had/found anything wrong with a normal GSN/CGH embryo?  Is it worth the risk to get an amnio/CVS when you  do GSN or CGH?

Joined 28-May-07

Top Poster
6-Sep-11 9:40 am

anyone?

Joined 23-Feb-11

Top Poster
6-Sep-11 12:52 pm
I would like to know as well.

Joined 28-May-07

Top Poster
6-Sep-11 4:48 pm

I hope peolpe will reply to this question.Happy Smile

Joined 5-Apr-09

6-Sep-11 6:06 pm
Hi, I'm not sure if this helps because I did FISH testing on my embryos. This included screening for Downs Syndrome, however my screening test now that I am pregnant has come back high and the doctor has recommended an amniocentesis. I'm not sure whether I'm going to do it. The doctor said even with screening there is room for error. I wouldn't do it however if any prenatal pre-testing came up completely normal.

Baby Boy04 Baby Boy05 Baby Boy08

Baby Girl due March 1st 2012!!! :) IVF|PGD NOV 2010. BFN :( FET JAN 2011. BFN. :( FET JUNE 2011. BFP!!! :)

Joined 28-May-07

Top Poster
6-Sep-11 6:38 pm

Thanks for responding :)  Do you know if the risk for Down's Syndrome came back higher because of your age or was it due to something your doctor noticed on one of your U/S?  I have read that sometimes due to one's age you are automatically put in a "higher risk" category.

Joined 5-Apr-09

6-Sep-11 11:56 pm
Hi, no my risk for down syndrome was taken from my scan and blood tests. I'm only 33, so was not at increased risk for this reason. I was completely thrown when they told me, as I'd never had any worries with any of my other kids, all concieved naturally. Then I do the IVF/PGD, and thought. I could relax on this one, (although I was still doubting that it was definitely a girl they put back!) and they tell me that they recommend the amnio. I've been researching, and pretty much most of the info I find is saying, no matter what screening tests you do to the embryo, you treat it as a normal pregnancy. Just do your routine tests and if you need further testing then it will be recommended and you can decide what to do. Hope this helps :)

Baby Boy04 Baby Boy05 Baby Boy08

Baby Girl due March 1st 2012!!! :) IVF|PGD NOV 2010. BFN :( FET JAN 2011. BFN. :( FET JUNE 2011. BFP!!! :)

Joined 12-Feb-09

Top Poster
7-Sep-11 7:31 pm
I had a normal GSN female and decided that due to my age and the fact I had previously done amnios, again age related, that I would skip the risk assessment testing and just get the definitive from an amnio. Everything came back normal - as I would have expected. I am 42 so again, I felt the need to double / triple check the gsn results. if I were younger, perhaps I would not have felt as compelled. Good luck!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy  Baby Girl

IVF #1 November 2009, SET BFN

FET SET December 2009, BFP, First Beta 122, Second Beta 37 Sad chemical pregnancy Cycle 2 ER only, Cycle 3 1 GSN Baby Girl transferred BFN Cycle 4 3 GSN Baby Girl transferred. BFP. VT

Joined 28-May-07

Top Poster
8-Sep-11 11:28 am

Manhattan:
I had a normal GSN female and decided that due to my age and the fact I had previously done amnios, again age related, that I would skip the risk assessment testing and just get the definitive from an amnio. Everything came back normal - as I would have expected. I am 42 so again, I felt the need to double / triple check the gsn results. if I were younger, perhaps I would not have felt as compelled. Good luck!

Hi Manhattan...

Thanks for your reply!!  Do you mind me asking how many enbryo's you transfered at ET? I thought I read in your survey that you transfered more than one...did your RE ever tell you why some GSN "normal" embryo's stick and other(s) do not ?

Thanks!!

Joined 19-Sep-09

Top Poster
8-Sep-11 3:31 pm

A GSN normal embryo might fail to implant due to metabolical reasons. Yes, all 24 chromosome pairs are in place, but it could still be a weak embryo that just stops growing. This is what we see sometimes - an embryo is biopsied and the PDG results come back as normal, but it does not make it to transfer because it just fizzles sometime between day 3 and 5. The same thing can happen with any embryos, including a GSN normal embryo, after transfer.

Btw # of embryos Manhattan transferred each time is in her siggy...

XY 2009

MS/IVF/PGD2/FET XX 2011 - thanks to Dr. Potter and Lori!

XX 2013 (FET)

Joined 12-Feb-09

Top Poster
8-Sep-11 5:20 pm
sunflowerdream"]

[quote user="Manhattan:

I had a normal GSN female and decided that due to my age and the fact I had previously done amnios, again age related, that I would skip the risk assessment testing and just get the definitive from an amnio. Everything came back normal - as I would have expected. I am 42 so again, I felt the need to double / triple check the gsn results. if I were younger, perhaps I would not have felt as compelled. Good luck![/quote] 

Hi Manhattan...

Thanks for your reply!!  Do you mind me asking how many enbryo's you transfered at ET? I thought I read in your survey that you transfered more than one...did your RE ever tell you why some GSN "normal" embryo's stick and other(s) do not ?

Thanks!!

I transferred 3, although 1 of them was "never going to make a baby" according to my RE and that they were all surprised that she was normal as metabollically speaking she did not look great. I decided since it was not going to make a freeze / thaw cycle that I should just transfer it. I made the decision there and then at the transfer at the last minute. I was by myself. My DH face was a picture when I told him but he agreed we could not just let her wither in a dish we should at least give her a chance of life. The one I think stuck was a HB that was almost out of her shell. I think these seem to have the best chance. GL!

FET SET December 2009, BFP, First Beta 122, Second Beta 37 Sad chemical pregnancy Cycle 2 ER only, Cycle 3 1 GSN Baby Girl transferred BFN Cycle 4 3 GSN Baby Girl transferred. BFP. VT

Joined 28-May-07

Top Poster
9-Sep-11 6:11 am

Manhattan...Thanks again for your reply.  Do you remember what Grade levels your embies where (ex. BB, AB...)?  Did your RE say that he thought 1, 2, or 3 might take based on how they looked?  Congrat's on your sucess!!

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
10-Sep-11 9:50 am

I did GSN and would never have considered an amnio/CVS.  Not worth the risk.

Baby Boy  Baby Boy who I absolutely adore, and now Baby Girl is here!

My acronyms: MS/IVF/GSN SET OHW @ HRC /  BFP @ 5dp5dt / Beta 225 @ 12dp5dt / Beta 1171 @ 16dp5dt.

My blog:  http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/216355/2061201.aspx#2061201

Joined 12-Feb-09

Top Poster
10-Sep-11 9:21 pm
sunflowerdream:

Manhattan...Thanks again for your reply.  Do you remember what Grade levels your embies where (ex. BB, AB...)?  Did your RE say that he thought 1, 2, or 3 might take based on how they looked?  Congrat's on your sucess!!

They did not share grades with me. Said that two looked good, one (HB) the best. He thought I had an excellent chance of becoming pg with one and probably a 40-50% chance of twins, almost no chance of triplets unless one split. Thank you for your congrats, we are blessed and very happy.

Page: of 1