Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Please read if you are adopting internationally!

Joined 6-Apr-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Sep-11 7:50 am

If anyone is currently adopting internationally, please start a new topic and give us information! Being that countries rules change so often, I would love to give everyone here more info about any country that is open.

I am asking that you only do this if you are currently adopting, because you don't know the real truth until you are "in it". Too much heresay on the boards and such, so if you are in your journey, please share what you know with the rest of the class. You never know who might read it and decide to adopt from that country too!!

I just ask the data is current, like in the last 6 months so we get up-to-date info. :)

Mama to:  5 handsome Baby Boy4 beautiful Baby Girl !!

Baby Boy26, Baby Girl 23, Baby Boy17, Baby Boy15, Baby Boy10 , Baby Boy 8 ,  Baby Girl 7 (US Foster, adopting!!), Baby Girl 6 (Adopted from Guatemala) , Baby Girl 3! (Domestic, Co-parenting, came home at 4 days old, she lives with us half the week).

YES, THEY ARE ALL MINE!

Hoping to add one more little boy to the mix!

To accompish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also BELIEVE.

Joined 20-Jun-09

6-Sep-11 1:57 pm

We are in the process of adopting from Honduras.  We have our USCIS approval and are now just waiting for the last few documents of our dossier to be apostilled.

What kind of info are you looking for?

Baby Boy  - January 2010 Love Ya!

Joined 6-Apr-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Sep-11 5:34 pm

Isla:

We are in the process of adopting from Honduras.  We have our USCIS approval and are now just waiting for the last few documents of our dossier to be apostilled.

What kind of info are you looking for?

Tell us about the country...the wait, the travel, the age group you are adopting...I have been away from international, we are sticking to domestic but I know many others are looking into what countries they can adopt from, so any  info is great. (Especially Honduras, not much info on that one!!)

Mama to:  5 handsome Baby Boy4 beautiful Baby Girl !!

Baby Boy26, Baby Girl 23, Baby Boy17, Baby Boy15, Baby Boy10 , Baby Boy 8 ,  Baby Girl 7 (US Foster, adopting!!), Baby Girl 6 (Adopted from Guatemala) , Baby Girl 3! (Domestic, Co-parenting, came home at 4 days old, she lives with us half the week).

YES, THEY ARE ALL MINE!

Hoping to add one more little boy to the mix!

To accompish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also BELIEVE.

Joined 20-Jun-09

8-Oct-11 12:22 pm

Okay.  Should I start a new thread or just write here?  I can copy and paste this post into a new thread if necessary.

My hubby and I are in the process of an international adoption from Honduras.  We have a 20 month old bio son, and we are requesting a baby girl, 0-18 months old at the time of referral.  We refuse to adopt a child older than our son. We started in February and yesterday received word from our agency that our dossier has been translated into Spanish and is on its way to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and after that it is presented to IHFNA, which is basically the U.S. version of Social Services and oversees adoptions. 

The program is new...a pilot program, so there are a lot of unknowns and risks, moreso than with an established program but we are willing to see what happens.  Honduras is currently quoting a wait time of 6-12 months for a referral once a dossier has been approved and placed on the national waitlist.  Of course, this could change at any time.  Two trips are required...the first is for 5-7 days and the second one is a month.  

That's it in a nutshell, but if anyone has questions, feel free to ask. 

Baby Boy  - January 2010 Love Ya!

Page: of 1