Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

positive home pregnancy test, negative doc test... ?

Joined 4-Jun-11

23-Aug-11 5:00 am
I'm so confused!!! I had 3 positive tests on Saturday. Went to the doc today and test came back negative! Took two more when I came home and they are both positive! What's going on? Is the doc's test more accurate than the ones we get from the shop? I've used 4 different brands! Has anyone been through the same thing? Thank you
Heart my beautiful little Baby Boy ...I'm pregnant again! Can't wait for my baby bump! Fingers crossed for a Baby Girl but just happy to be pregnant xx

Joined 28-May-10

Top Poster
23-Aug-11 5:37 am
I would trust the tests you have done.

Joined 4-Jun-11

23-Aug-11 6:05 am
Thank you. Fingers crossed x
Heart my beautiful little Baby Boy ...I'm pregnant again! Can't wait for my baby bump! Fingers crossed for a Baby Girl but just happy to be pregnant xx

Joined 23-Jul-11

23-Aug-11 7:16 am

If all the doctor's gave  you was a urine test then no, don't trust it trust your HPT's. I had the same situation with my older son. I had two positive pregnancy tests went to Planned Parenthood (they use the same tests as your doctors) and it came back negative. The nurse asked me why I thought I was pregnant and I told her because I had two positive pregnancy tests. The nurse ran the test again and again it as negative. I was disappointed but I KNEW I was pregnant. I stopped off at Rite Aid on my way home and bought another box of HPT's (a different brand this time) and I took a test as soon as I got home (yes I had to drink to get more pee out) and it was positive. I waited a week before I went back to Planned Parenthood for confirmation. So yes your doctor is very likely wrong. Have your doctor run blood tests, they never lie.

Baby Bear Girl'02 Baby Bear Girl'04 Baby Bear Boy'06 Baby Bear Boy'08 Baby Bear Boy'10 TTC in '11 for a Baby Bear Girl in '12

Joined 12-Jul-11

Top Poster
23-Aug-11 7:20 am

Yes. I had about 8 positive pregnancy tests at home. Went to the docters and they did one which was negative. Theirs obviously wasn't as sensitive.

Hugs BearHugs BearHugs BearHugs Gift

Joined 4-Jun-11

23-Aug-11 7:22 am
That does give me some hope. Thank you so much! Not going to get my hopes up too high yet but it is actually comforting to know it.has happened before. I get the results of my blood test tomorrow. I'll let you know. Fingers crossed x

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Aug-11 11:51 am

go for the blood test, i had the oppisite happen. all my hpt's were negative but i knew i was pregnant. blood work had me at a beta of 60 at the doctors. good luck.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Joined 4-Jun-11

24-Aug-11 2:55 am
Blood test came positive!! The doc obveously doesn't have very sensitive tests! Thank you for the replys :)

x Surrounding myself with

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
24-Aug-11 4:38 am

hi, i'd definately trust the home tests, I always have the same thing happen to me, with my 1st 3 pregnancies, the doctors tests werent positive until at least a week after my bfp on a home test, with my last pregnancy, the doctor didnt even bother doing their own test, just took my word for it when i told him i'd had several postive home tests. Happy Smile

Baby Boy 12 May 05   Baby Boy 28 November 07    Baby Boy  17 December 08   Baby Boy  16 May 11  Baby Boy 21 April 12

Sommer

Joined 4-Nov-07

Top Poster
24-Aug-11 7:59 am
newbaby2011:

go for the blood test, i had the oppisite happen. all my hpt's were negative but i knew i was pregnant. blood work had me at a beta of 60 at the doctors. good luck.

I feel like that now...15dpo. Didn't test today but yesterday was BFN. But, I feel like I am pregnant and have a lot of symptoms. Did you ever get a BFP and at what dpo were you?

Baby Boy 00' Baby Boy 02' Baby Boy 04' Baby girl Grace, heaven's arms @ 16wks. 05' Baby Boy 06'Baby Boy 09' Baby girl Hope, heaven's arms @18wks 14'

Sommer

Joined 4-Nov-07

Top Poster
24-Aug-11 8:01 am
Yay congratulations on your confirmed BFP!!!! hope you have a H.H 9months

Baby Boy 00' Baby Boy 02' Baby Boy 04' Baby girl Grace, heaven's arms @ 16wks. 05' Baby Boy 06'Baby Boy 09' Baby girl Hope, heaven's arms @18wks 14'

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Aug-11 11:54 am

our5sons"][quote user="newbaby2011:

[/quote] I feel like that now...15dpo. Didn't test today but yesterday was BFN. But, I feel like I am pregnant and have a lot of symptoms. Did you ever get a BFP and at what dpo were you?

yea i did finally get a bfp at home but after the doctors blood work came back. i was using dollar store tests too. i think i was 16dpo but im not positive. i did get up going back in for an early ultrasound and they found not 1 but 2 babies. we lost the 2nd a few weeks later. after the doctor said i was barly pregnant at 60 i went to the store and bought some first response that was the next day after i got the results so maybe 17 or 18dpo and they showed a super faint like if you squint and tilt it into the light just right and wear your glasses you could maybe see a hint of a shadow line.but i guess it was positive after all. she's almost 3 months old.

also my best friend was pregnant and her doctors urine test kept coming back neg as did her hpt. but she was so sure. they wouldn't give her a blood test for some reason. finally they gave her some pills to make her period start after she was like 2 months late. they didn't work so she went back and said im pregnant! they said no you aren't your test was neg. so she went to another doctor for the blood test. she was right. she was pregnant.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Page: of 1