Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

diet coke possible sway for girl

Joined 30-Jul-11

31-Jul-11 3:17 pm
I have been researching the sways and such and it seems that if you drink 2 or 3 caffeine free diet coke or such everyday that sways girl alot from what I was reading from other people. Then I remembered when my sister got pregnant with my niece she also drank a lot of diet coke. I know this might not always sway girl and everyone might be different but I'm just wondering

Joined 18-Oct-09

Top Poster
31-Jul-11 3:25 pm

On another sway site people are swearing by it. And coke is very acidic and the diet has aspartame which is good. I'm sure there is a reason that it is a no-no on the girl diet...I think it's the caffeine. Everything I found online said that at most the caffeine free version might contain up to 1mg of caffeine. That does not seem like enough to block the calcium we are taking. I considered drinking it because I never drink soda so thought this would be a good change, but I'm too afraid so I'm sticking to crystal light Confused Although if my ph needs to drop more and the CL and cranberry doesn't touch it, I'll be trying it out!

If you're not worried about though I say go for it!

Baby Bear Boy Baby Bear Boy PrayBaby Bear Girl

Joined 3-Jan-11

31-Jul-11 4:48 pm
Hey there. I decided to drink caffeine free diet coke on my sway for several reasons. It is very acidic, it really lowered my ph. I'd seen lots & lots of successful pink sways that included caffeine free diet coke. My friend who has 3 girls drinks it every day! The reason they say no to it on the IG diet is because it does contain a small amount of caffeine and caffeine inhibits the absorption of calcium. I decided that for the amount of caffeine in it that it was worth the risk as it wouldn't block too much calcium.

Baby Boy '07 Baby Boy '09 Baby Girl due 13/11/2011

Link to my sway: http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/228812.aspx

Joined 18-Oct-09

Top Poster
31-Jul-11 5:28 pm

cquandy...how many did you have a day? Just curious if I do decide to incorporate it. I was thinking I would do 2 if I did drink it.

Baby Bear Boy Baby Bear Boy PrayBaby Bear Girl

Joined 30-Jul-11

31-Jul-11 5:49 pm
So do you suggest taking calcium supplement first then how did you take your calcium supplements- before drinking the diet coke? And did you just eat more dairy?

Joined 3-Jan-11

31-Jul-11 6:56 pm
I had 2/3 per day sometimes more. It helped stave off the hunger too! The calcium tabs I had were calcium citrate 250mg tablets. My magnesium citrate were 200mg. Your supposed to have 3:1 cal:mag so I took 6 calcium & 2 mag per day spaced out over the day. Citrate absorbs even on an empty stomach so I'd take 2 cal 1 mag first thing in the morning 2 cal with my milky porrige at lunch and 2 cal 1 mag with my dinner. Yes I ate lots of dairy not only is it rich in cal but it's v acidic. I would generally have my cokes between meals (and tabs) rather than with them. I don't know if anyone else has found this but for me the calcium/magnesium raise my ph so the diet coke was good to lower it. Oh I also drank a lot of warm milk with aspartame

Baby Boy '07 Baby Boy '09 Baby Girl due 13/11/2011

Link to my sway: http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/228812.aspx

Joined 27-Apr-08

Top Poster
31-Jul-11 8:10 pm
I've read good things about diet caffeine free coke so I tried drinking some maybe 2 or 3 from AF-O total but I had a really hard time because I did not like the taste of it at all. I don't know helped my sway at all I do not know what I'm having yet.
Baby Bear Boy99 Baby Bear Boy02 Baby Bear Boy05 Baby Bear Boy09 and Baby Bear Girl due 4/24/13... can't even believe it's true!

Joined 19-Jul-10

3-Aug-11 1:45 pm
I am also drinking Diet Caffeine free Coke 2-3 times a day because I can't stand crystal lite drinks. I have been drinking it for 8 weeks now and I always hated the taste of diet sodas but after a while you get used to it and it now tastes the same as regular soda to me.
Page: of 1