Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Husband does not want more kids. Need advice.

Joined 12-Aug-10

25-Jul-11 11:51 am

My husband and I have a daughter that just turned 3, that we both treasure. I have always wanted a son in my lifetime, especially now that I'm married and adore my husband. Whenever I bring up having another kid, he tells me he does not want another child. To be fair, our first kid was a surprise, so he has never fully wrapped his head around TTC. He is also the very cautious and planning type, which I fear will mean he will never be truly ready to try again, as you can never be fully prepared to have another kid. I would like for him to come around to the idea of having another kid, b/c if we are to try for a boy, there are certain at home methods/ideas I want to try out to conceive a boy. Should I wait for him to come around to the idea of having another kid, even if it takes another 10 years (I am 28)? Or should I eventually take things into my own hands like some women do?? To be fair, he was our daughter's primary care-giver for the first 16 months of her life while he was in school, so he was very stressed out by it all....

Sad StormyMy husband does not want another child.

Baby Boy(33) + Baby Girl (28) = Baby Bear Girl (3) PrayBaby Bear Boy

Joined 12-Aug-10

28-Jul-11 5:13 pm

Well thanks for all the advice!! :\

Sad StormyMy husband does not want another child.

Baby Boy(33) + Baby Girl (28) = Baby Bear Girl (3) PrayBaby Bear Boy

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
28-Jul-11 6:17 pm
I dont think there is too much you can do besides asking him and hopefully change his mind. I wouldnt go trying to trick him or anything like that though. I feel for you, it would be hard to want more kids and your husband only wanting 1. Why dont you make a list of positives about having 2 kids and the negatives about having just 1?

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joined 7-Sep-11

7-Sep-11 5:18 am
I suggest that you have an informal talk on why he doesn’t want to have a baby. There could be many reasons which can be reason for him not wanting to have a baby. If you are able to find the reason and are able to tackle it with your reasoning, there is a scope for having a second one only then.
Page: of 1