Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Current and Past GIVF patients

Joined 3-Jul-08

25-Jul-11 11:19 am
Just wondering who your favorite doctor is/was at GIVF?  I know you probably see them all during your cycle, but I wanted to know who to schedule a consultation with?  Thanks!

Baby BoyBaby Boy

Joined 8-Oct-10

26-Jul-11 8:43 am

I wasn't given a chance to choose the dr at GIVF, I wish I knew more back than. I've seen all of them at some point but my vote goes to the only female doctor they have there. I'm sorry, I can't recall her name but she was the most honest and dedicated of them all.

Have two beautiful Baby Girl, hoping for a Baby Boy in 2011/2012.

Joined 3-Jul-08

26-Jul-11 8:59 am
Thank you for your reply!  Were you happy overall there?  I read so many mixed reviews about GIVF.  One person will say that it was the worst place ever and another will say they loved all the doctors and nurses.  I guess a lot of it depends on your success, but I am a little nervous about a lot of the negative reviews.  I live so close to GIVF so it makes sense, but still not sure.

Baby BoyBaby Boy

Joined 8-Oct-10

26-Jul-11 12:22 pm

I live very close there as well and it made sense to cycle there. I met another girl thru this forum that cycled there twice and was not successful. The nurses will get back to you at anytime if you need anything, (RE are only reachable thru nurses). But what I don't like about that place is that they don't customize the cycles according to everybody needs. They have three standart protocols and always start with the first one. If it doesn't work they go to the second and than the third one. If any of the cycles doesn't work all you'll get is "well, sometime it doesn;t work",,,no explanation or going into detail as to why it didn't work and what we can do to make it better for next time. I've paid for one of the packages they have(3IVF) and I'm stuck with them to do the third one after my first two failed. I don;t have any hope at all that my last cycle will be a successful one. I'm young with good pretesting, no known problems so I hope I was given more info as to why isn't working out for me. If I had to do it all over, I would defenitely go somewhere else. I would recommend others do the same thing even if I end up having the desire baby from them. Don't waste your money, really, and I'm not being mean-I'm being honest....

Joined 3-Jul-08

26-Jul-11 8:33 pm
Thank you so much for all of the great info.  Did you consider any other local clinics?  It seems like GIVF is the only one who will do family balancing.  I am considering HRC as well but of course the traveling is a lot to figure out.  It seems like GIVF is trying to revamp its image with their new website.  But they often get slammed on some local message boards.  I know all clinics get both positive and negative reviews so it is always difficult to figure out what is what.

Baby BoyBaby Boy

Joined 3-Jul-08

26-Jul-11 9:18 pm
Thank you so much for all of the great info.  Did you consider any other local clinics?  It seems like GIVF is the only one who will do family balancing.  I am considering HRC as well but of course the traveling is a lot to figure out.  It seems like GIVF is trying to revamp its image with their new website.  But they often get slammed on some local message boards.  I know all clinics get both positive and negative reviews so it is always difficult to figure out what is what.

Baby BoyBaby Boy

Joined 8-Oct-10

27-Jul-11 12:38 pm

Nobody else does any family balancing in our area and that explain their inflated prices. If you have the money, and are in peace about trying and not having to wonder what if, it doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise, I would say "walk away", really.

Page: of 1