Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

IVF questions/poll....please respond. Please.

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
19-Jul-11 9:51 am

Been thinking about HT again. Although it makes my stomach hurt with anxiety, I know I need to look into it. Please help me by answering the following if you have experience - thanks so much.

1) Where did you cycle? Would you recommend it? Why/why not? If not, where would you have gone instead?

1a) Was there a local-ish site you didn't go to? Why not?

2) How many cycles did you do? How much was each one? Was there a money-back program you used?

3) From the time of your first consult, how long before you went forward with your first cycle?

4) Anything you wish you would have known before you started this process? 

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
19-Jul-11 11:42 am

Um, please? Someone?

Joined 19-Apr-07

Top Poster
19-Jul-11 1:26 pm

I hope others can respond with more positive encouragement.  Here's my 2 cents:

I cycled in both NYC and locally.  Three different places with same results. Big places and a smaller place. Made no difference in end results.

I did 4 cycles. All BFN.

I first cycled about 2 months after consult.

I wish I knew that it absolutely can not work for some women even after having children naturally and without any problems conceiving.  I wish I knew that it is also very risky as I had serious internal bleeding resulting from being cut during ER at a large, highly reputable fertility center in NYC. 

Lots of luck to you in your journey!

Joined 15-Mar-11

19-Jul-11 2:07 pm
I wonder the same thing, but I will add one more question! :) How old were you whwn you cycled?

Joined 4-Jul-08

Top Poster
19-Jul-11 6:51 pm
SIRM Dallas. I loved my nurse and liked my RE too. It was local and that's the main reason we chose it. There have also been several success stories from there: TINSplz (currently pregnant with twin girls) and PaienceforPurple. I also believe this is where Michayla cycled. I did one cycle. Total all costs was about $18,000. There was no mine back program, however, since I didn't make it to transfer, I do get a partial refund, still waiting on that. T will be about $2,000. I had my consult in January. I also stopped BFing my baby in January. My RE wanted me to have at was 2 AF's after BFing before he would do precycle testing. I did precycle testing in March and could have cycled as early as April but waited until June for personal reasons. I wish I had never cycled. I WASTED $18,000 dollars. GONE. Will never see that money again. I should have trusted my gut and canceled when I first learned I had a low AMH and then a low AFC. Though I am fertile naturally, IVF is not a good match for my body. Almost all of my eggs were abnormal and I was only barely 31 years old. I believe that's because the high doses of meds I was on (due to low AMH) fried my eggs and caused lots of issues. I will NEVER cycle again. I would strongly recommend you look into 5 day biopsy if you are considering aCGH, CCS, or GSN testing. I have lots of details on my cycle in my blog if you are interested. Good luck to you!

I am a mother to 2 beautiful and perfect little Baby Boy.
igerinhen@gmail.com

First and only HT cycle June 2011: no transfer, no normal XX. 
Moved on.  Zero desire to ever do a HT cycle again.  Blessed with my precious boys.  :)

Feel free to visit my detailed HT Blog: http://xxjourney.blogspot.com.

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
19-Jul-11 7:04 pm

1) Where did you cycle? Would you recommend it? Why/why not? If not, where would you have gone instead?

HRC with Dr. Potter, and I defintiely would recommend him.  I think he managed my cycle perfectly, and does a great job with the GS patients who are not "infertile":

Not really (there was one place that would do GS but didn't do it regularly), but I could have gone somewhere closer (e.g. Phoenix instead of CA).

2) How many cycles did you do? How much was each one? Was there a money-back program you used?

I did one cycle with MS and PGD.  I can't remember the exact costs, but I think it was about $20,000 with meds, and travel (including a mini-vacation to disneyland, etc. during my cycle).

3) From the time of your first consult, how long before you went forward with your first cycle?

I did a consult in maybe October--could have cycled in December, but opted for March because I was breastfeeding.

Nope, I was pretty informed, lol. 

Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl IVF/MS/PGD 08 Baby Boy 13 

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
20-Jul-11 7:43 am

Thanks for responding, everyone. More, please!

Dream World

Joined 13-Dec-09

Top Poster
20-Jul-11 4:02 pm

cycle 1: IVF1.com do i recommend may be no. The nurse were ok. Byt the Dr was really really busy. he did not even wanted to talk to his patients for 1 min. .

Cycle 2: HRC - do i recommend NO WAY - my second cycle was complete crap cycle. Dr P learned nothing from my first cycle. lori was sweet, very prompt at replying emails... but that will not get u success.....

i did one cycle locally. Now i am ready to travel any where in the world. but first i need to trust that RE (which is very difficult) I think there is no RE who cares for there patients personally. IVF is just a money making methord.

I did not look in to money back programme. as i was over confident. as i am 28. Now i am not eligiable for money back programmes as i have 2 failed cycles. BOOOO..  I spent around 35 K both the cycles & my insurance did cover few things.

i did consult in june 2010 then cycled in Dec 2010. Due to change of insurance. 

I wish i had know that most of the RE dont be the same as how they were during the initial consult appointment & i wish i had not trusted there false assurance. I wish i would have know that non of the RE gives you personal care though i paid them a fortune.

I dont mean to discourage any one. But just sharing my HT experience.

Me 28 & Dh 33
Beautiful darling Baby Girl 2007
MS/IUI - BFN .7/10
1st cycle - Antagonist protocol - 5 prob - Chemical pregnancy. 12/10
2nd cycle - Long lupron - 2 prob - BFN. 04/11

Trying/Thinking to do something differnt which will help me fullfill our dreams.

Page: of 1