Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How old was your youngest child when you had pgd?

Joined 12-Dec-08

Top Poster
5-Jul-11 2:24 am

Just wondering if you have to wait a certain length of time after having a baby before going for ivf/pgd, is there a recommended time frame? Our 3rd son is due in october, is next summer too soon to start the process? i was thinking i could start thing whilst still on maternity leave so i dont have to worry about the stress of going back to work whilst taking the drugs etc. Grateful for any advice :-))

Pink Petals   Baby Boy 10   Baby Boy 7    swayed for a Baby Girl, blessed with Baby Boy  due 27th october

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 6-Sep-09

5-Jul-11 2:58 am

I don't think there is any time scale.  I had my 3rd son in April and had a c section.  I spoke with Dr Savvas at Genesis clinic and he "advised" me to wait at least 4 months following my section but if you have a normal delivery you would definitely be ok for next summer. Good luck x

Baby Boy x 3 

Joined 27-Jun-09

Top Poster
5-Jul-11 5:00 am
I cycled when my youngest son was 5 months old, he was born in October 2010 and I cycled in March 2011.
Mom to three amazing little guys! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Joined 12-Dec-08

Top Poster
5-Jul-11 4:28 pm

Thank-you both :-)) im really hoping for next year if we can afford it :-/

Pink Petals   Baby Boy 10   Baby Boy 7    swayed for a Baby Girl, blessed with Baby Boy  due 27th october

Joined 19-Sep-09

Top Poster
6-Jul-11 12:47 am
I cycled when my son was 10 months old. Got a BFN, but several months later got pregnant with a frozen embryo from that cycle. I would not recommend rushing things much - you want to give your body sufficient time to switch gears from pregnanfy/BF to conception - but October to summer sounds reasonable to me, as long as you stop BFing at least two months before you cycle.

XY 2009

MS/IVF/PGD2/FET XX 2011 - thanks to Dr. Potter and Lori!

XX 2013 (FET)

Joined 12-Dec-08

Top Poster
6-Jul-11 10:06 am

Thank you Zora, yeah im just going to see how things go, once my son is born im hoping i'll want to delay the pgd process a bit longer and spend more time with him, but at the moment im still a bit dissappointed at my fail sway and want to focus on trying for a girl :-) x

Joined 15-Mar-11

7-Jul-11 5:46 am
I also have a newborn, but think that it is wise to try to get acquainted with the newborn and not at least recover from pregnancy and childbirth. Although I would like to become pregnant again quickly just to get a girl, but try to console myself that I will get a daughter one day! We will go HT in Cyprus in about 1 to 2 years! :)
Page: of 1