Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My want for a girl is back, or never went!

Joined 25-Dec-09

4-Jul-11 5:25 am

Hi All,

I havent been on here for a while but i need to speak to someone and this was only place i could turn too. I have 3 boys whom i love so very much but only 1 year after my third boy my desire for a girl is back and it is all i can think about at times.

I did sway for a girl with my last boy but it failed, i love all my boys and wouldnt change them for the world, during my last pregnancy i came to terms with having another boy and i felt i overcome the feelings of wanting a girl but in the last few weeks its coe back, its all i can think about and i dont know why. I would love to speak with my hubby about this but i dont think he would understand. When people ask if we will have another baby, my answer maybe but he always says no ;o(  I think deep down he knows i would like another but i dont know if he would or wants another.

If we did try for another at some point is it a higher percentage that we would have a boy after having 3 already or is it 50/50?

I really dont know what to do, will the desire ever go away?

My boys are 4,3,1

Mummy to 4 wonderful little boys Baby Bear Boy Elliott 8 Baby Bear Boy Benjamin 6Baby Bear Boy Oliver 4 Charlie 2 and would a

BabyGaga

Joined 4-Apr-10

Top Poster
4-Jul-11 8:04 am

Just a quick reply. The percentage is about 50.3% so more or less equal ;-) Maybe some of the other girls can help more just wanted to add that.

Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2007 Baby Girl 2009

Joined 11-Aug-09

Gold

Gold Membership

4-Jul-11 8:08 am

Gosh could have written this post myself!

I dont think the desire EVER goes away :-( I think you have to learn to live with it.

My 3rd boy is one too, I also have found myself lurking around this site again.

I have no idea about percentage all I know is I know more people with 4boys than 3 boys and 1 girl,

I would like to think its 50/50 my 3rd is also a very good "failed " sway. Would you sway again?

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyPrayPrayPray Please let me have a girl oneday or please let me just get over this GD already!

Joined 25-Dec-09

5-Jul-11 3:33 am

soverysad:

Gosh could have written this post myself!

I dont think the desire EVER goes away :-( I think you have to learn to live with it.

My 3rd boy is one too, I also have found myself lurking around this site again.

I have no idea about percentage all I know is I know more people with 4boys than 3 boys and 1 girl,

I would like to think its 50/50 my 3rd is also a very good "failed " sway. Would you sway again?

I too have found myself lurking on here. I started swaying with my DS before i found this site and followed the Helen Chesterman-Philips book which is all about timing of intercourse and this failed also did shallow penetration and i wouldnt have orgasm. I think if we did try again i would want to sway as if it increased my chance of getting a girl i would want to think i have done everything. I would also want to do a better sway from things i have read on this site but i honestly dont think my DH would want to sway.

Also family members say not to sway that best way to get a girl is to just go with it and not think about it???

Will you try again and would you sway???

I can hide my feelings but i dont think i will be able to live with this desire for a girl

Lea x

Mummy to 4 wonderful little boys Baby Bear Boy Elliott 8 Baby Bear Boy Benjamin 6Baby Bear Boy Oliver 4 Charlie 2 and would a

BabyGaga

Joined 11-Aug-09

Gold

Gold Membership

5-Jul-11 8:30 am

My husband says no way! so no more babies for me . To be honest I think swaying made my GD worse, I know so many people who did nothing and got both genders.

If I were to try again i think it would be 0+12 as I can say all my boys were conceived on or 3 days before ovulation. I did the diet and everything this time with cut off and it still didnt work. My friend did 5 day cut off that resulted in girl boy twins!! so i lost faith in cut off.

Like you I hide my feelings very well but inside im dying:-(.

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyPrayPrayPray Please let me have a girl oneday or please let me just get over this GD already!

Joined 25-Dec-09

5-Jul-11 9:32 am

I thought that if we did ever try for another i would maybe want to try the 0+12 method. I swear its getting worse tho, i went shopping today and all they little babies i saw were little girls, i just wanted to cry.

Is there no persuading your DH? My DH says no more but i dont think he totally means it, i just get the impression that i would be able to change his mind but i think maybe in few years. I really dont know when to bring it up with him, i think he will think now will be too soon but in few years when all our boys are out of nappies etc he wont want to go back there. Just dont know whether or not to tell him how im feeling.

But if i brought it up and he said deffinately no more than i dont know what i would do! I can hide my feelings if i know that there is a chance of my dreams coming true but if i know there isnt and my dream are never going to happen...aarggghhh!

I had a dream the other night that i had a baby and when someone asked me if it was a boy or a girl i turned round the car seat to show them and it was a little girl with a pink cardigan on with a little white headband....im going crazy, i swear!!!

BabyGaga

Joined 8-Feb-11

Top Poster
5-Jul-11 9:48 am
soverysad:

this!!! my thing lately has been "fake it til you make it". some days or even weeks i'm really good, like last week i was on cloud 9 that for once people were fawning over my boys and they were so proud of me when i won my first pageant in 10 years. then i started thinking about my 2 friends who are currently pregnant with #3. they both already have 2 boys and there's a possibility that i too could be pregnant, maybe and i'm starting to freak the hell out!! i wanted to wait to see what both of them were having bc if BOTH of them end up with another boy then i know 100% my 3rd, whenever that may be, **IF** it may be would be a boy too. i'm ok with 2 boys but not 3.
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Joined 11-Aug-09

Gold

Gold Membership

5-Jul-11 5:52 pm

tntulip:
i'm ok with 2 boys but not 3.

Its true a lot of us seem to suffer on the 3rd the worst. A few girls have said on here that the 4th same gender is not as bad.

I think that if both your friends have three boys that would somehow up your odds of having a girl:-) silly I know that how I look at it lol.

Joined 11-Aug-09

Gold

Gold Membership

5-Jul-11 5:53 pm

tntulip:
i'm ok with 2 boys but not 3.

Its true a lot of us seem to suffer on the 3rd the worst. A few girls have said on here that the 4th same gender is not as bad.

I think that if both your friends have three boys that would somehow up your odds of having a girl:-) silly I know that how I look at it lol.

Joined 11-Aug-09

Gold

Gold Membership

5-Jul-11 5:56 pm

HappyLea:
, i went shopping today and all they little babies i saw were little girls, i just wanted to cry.

I feel the same x its just shit no other word for it. Do you have anyone in real life that knows about your GD? Only my husband knows how bad it is. 

GD has made me quite bitter, thats the worse bit.  

Golds~Lene

Joined 14-Jul-09

5-Jul-11 6:16 pm

Hi! I have 3 boys and my baby is 6 years old and i'm on first month TTC hoping for a girl but will still be over the moon for a boy want a healthy baby.  I love little girly stuff but I won't sway because I think it's just by chance.   I believe if you pray and it's to be it will eventhough things not always happen the way we wish.  I have my  3 boys very close to each other so I'm thinking this 6 year  + spacing should bring luck to me for my girl along with prayers.  My mom have 5 grandson alive 1 passed "No Grand daughter".  Wish me luck!!!  Goodluck to all!!

Baby BoyTyler Jaden 2002 Baby Boy Tanner Vaden 2003 Baby Boy Benjamin Aiden 2005 Expecting a Baby Girl September 2012

God answer prayers 

1/15/2012 BFP!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

just want 1 pink one plz

Joined 26-Jul-10

Top Poster
5-Jul-11 9:20 pm

im ttc my 3rd atm n am swaying girl n im often asking myself if my sway fails n i get 3 boys will i ever get over not having a girl... i dont think i will..... but we have said 3 is our limit but i dont know... if i had a 3rd boy i know ill want to try 1 more time but im scared of having 4 boys..... so untill im happy with either gender i wont go there... ive got an aunty who has 3 boys there all grown up n she admitted to me that they regret not trying 1 more time..... she told me to not stop till we get a girl... i feel sad for her as i can see that desire for a girl is still strong for her n she is 56..... does it go away i dont think so do we adapt n hope for grandaughters hell yeah................

u have a 50%  chance at each gender ..............................if i did go for a 4th id def do hard swaying..... possibly talk dh into egs.............. even though thats not 100% guarranteed its better than just swaying.......

i have 2 Baby Bear Boy aged 5 and 2 yrs old...... tried swaying for 10 mths with no pg n now im just ttc............ on clomid this mth as its 12 mths............... hoping its worked............

was bettyboo...........needed a change...................

after 18 mths of ttc we finally got a bfp........... the mth we dtd twice............ after mths n mths of dtd alot turns out it works for us to not ttc................due in jan............. cant wait

found out its a Baby Girl.......... so blessed........ so lucky.cant believe it.................

Joined 8-Feb-11

Top Poster
5-Jul-11 10:08 pm
soverysad"]

[quote user="tntulip:

i'm ok with 2 boys but not 3.[/quote]

i wished i could think of it that way but i think of it the total opposite, that it actually increases my chances of having a boy as well. it does seem that the 3rd boy is harder to deal with. my friend with 4 boys had a terrible time with #3 but #4 she's been better. i guess stick with what you know huh?
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Joined 25-Dec-09

7-Jul-11 5:36 am

Well last night the chance came about for me to speak with DH about how i have been feelling recently. It was as we were tidying kitchen up last night, my 3 year old has stopped sitting in his booster seat at dining table so i said my youngest can now sit in that and we can put high chair away and DH said "why dont we sell it?"

So i seized the opportunity and told him how i was feeling about not having a girl in my life and maybe trying for one more. He was ok and really supportive, he said he would lilke a girl also but as me he loves his boysHappy i dont think he understands 100% how i feel but its a step in the right direction.

He said in the future we may try for another and he said we could also try a better sway than we did last time Happy Smile totally shocked about this, as i didnt think he would want to sway at all.

I am so happy to know that he has not ruled out another baby, as when people ask he always says NO! OMG im so happy and the thought of a better sway from the info from this site, so happy that the dream of having a girl is not over!

DH said it wont be for few years until boys are older but i am happy with that Happy Smile

I will do alot more research in the meantime on swaying and hopefully get him to read it also so he understands it too then we will choose which method we will go for but i think as we did cut off method and failed 0+12 would be something may try but will also do diets and suppliments which we did not do. EXCITED for the thought that one day we may get our girl but i wouldnt try again if i wouldnt be happy with a boy and i know we would. If i can increase chance of having girl i see no harm in trying everything to do so.

Lea

praying and hoping that one day we will get our Baby Girl

BabyGaga
Page: of 1