Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Freya's birth story

Joined 26-May-10

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 3:37 pm

Here is the birth story of our precious baby Freya Louise:

I was having a check up on Thursday with my midwife friend and bought in some cakes for us to eat as was my normal routine! I was feeling good but when I arrived at the hospital I felt I needed to have a poo!! Embarrassed(TMI warning for this story!!!) Anyway I was having my blood pressure checked and she said that it was really high. I explained I suddenly was feeling really uncomfortable and that I needed a poo! She rechecked it and then disappeared to get some advice. I was waiting for her to return and thought i cannot wait any longer and went in search for toilet!! When I came back feeling slightly better she was running around looking for me in a panic! I just said I went to the toilet and she said i must come now as an emergency ambulance had been called to take me to the main unit!!Doh! I was whisked onto a stretcher and kept saying that I felt this was a bit over the top I only needed a poo (which the paramedic thought was hilarious!!)Happy ROFL and moaning I hadnt had my cake! Well we got in the ambulance and unsurprisingly my BP had risen and they decided to blue light me to the main unit!! I was ringing my DH on the mobile and trying to explain what was going on! When I arrived they took me straight to the labour ward where they took my BP every 5 mins and monitored the baby and took blood/ After about an hour they decided I wasnt an emergency but needed to stay in overnight. I was transferred to the ward where I was barely seen which was almost funny after all the drama! They took my BP every 4 hours and it was settling well after my poo!! The bloods they took came back ok except they said I had low platelets. On Friday they decided I would be able to go home and return every other day for BP and baby monitoring and to take some BP lowering tablets. I was feeling a bit unhappy about coming in and out as it takes nearly an hour to get to the main unit so I decided to call my midwife friend and ask her to ask my own consultant what he thought. Well he hit the roof! He telephoned the ward and told them they must induce me that night!!! I was then in shock again!! That evening they came to give me the gel to start me off but said i was already 2cm and thinning out and she gave me a very big stretch and sweep!Surprise They decided that they would take me down to the labour ward in the morning to break my waters. The next day (the sweep did nothing) i was eventually taken down to labour ward (it took ages to get there as so busy). My midwife friend broke my waters at 2.45pm and then they gave me my strep b antibiotics IV. After an hour they started off the drip Syntocinon and kept increasing it until i had regular contractions. Although I was hooked up to drips and baby monitor I had enough cable length to sit on my birthing ball and keep active birth positions. I had my TENS machine on for pain (natural pain relief machine over in uk). My DH was amazing and rubbed my back really deeply too.Hearts I then started to feel near to pushing and got into all fours position on the bed and started the gas and air. The contractions were so intense and painful but my body sort of took over and she was born at 7.14pm. I didnt need any stitches although I have a small tear. She weighed 8lb exactly. The after pains were pretty awful! I was so over the moon and in love with her though I would do it all again to have her! Love Ya!Not that I intend to do it again! YuckI then had to stay in two nights to check my BP settled and baby was ok for strep B observations.

So there you have it! All my gory birth details and some funny moments too! All that is left is for some pics of my beautiful daughter!

Baby Boy2002     Baby Boy2004  swayed for a Baby Girl. Baby Baby Girl born 25.6.11!!! Praise God! and thanks to all the amazing girls on in-gender too. Hearts casual footwear girl glitter playhouse shoes

Joined 26-May-10

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 3:45 pm

Baby Boy2002     Baby Boy2004  swayed for a Baby Girl. Baby Baby Girl born 25.6.11!!! Praise God! and thanks to all the amazing girls on in-gender too. Hearts casual footwear girl glitter playhouse shoes

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 3:50 pm
She is just precious.

HeartsBaby Bear Boy8Baby Bear Boy7Baby Bear Boy3Baby Bear Girl1Hearts

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 4:16 pm

Oh, Up, she is breath-taking! And she even resembles the little girl in your signature.....Happy Giggle  That was quite a birth story. Glad you got her pretty quickly after induction finally began though! And I hope you got your cake finally.. Happy ROFL  I was eating everything the night and day after Madison's birth, but now I've began my diet.. Doh!  Congrats again, dear friend!  Does she look like  you?   My boys are exactly like their daddy's and my new lil' blessing is just like me! I'm lovin' it to say the least...Love Ya!

Baby Bear Boy DS1- age 12    Baby Bear Boy DS2- age 8    Baby Bear Girl DD-age 1         

Thank you God for all my blessings.....Hearts

Love my kids!

Joined 27-Sep-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 4:23 pm

Gorgeous! Congrats to you and your family.

Baby Bear Boy2005 Baby Bear Boy2009 Baby Bear Girl2010

My family is complete ???

Joined 29-Mar-10

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 4:43 pm

soooblessed:
And she even resembles the little girl in your signature.....Happy Giggle 

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw her and then I read your comment. Happy Wink It's like you knew what she would look like even before she was born Up!!! Congrats on the birth of you little girl. She is adorable. Such a cutie and perfect in every way.

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy2005  Baby Boy2007  Baby Girl2011
Heartbroken03/04 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Link to my sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/153613/1475834.aspx#1475834

Joined 24-Sep-10

28-Jun-11 6:55 pm

oh well done, shes so great.  I love reading the birth stories. Happy Smile

Joined 18-Apr-10

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 6:58 pm

little men X3"]

[quote user="soooblessed:

And she even resembles the little girl in your signature.....Happy Giggle  [/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw her and then I read your comment. Happy Wink It's like you knew what she would look like even before she was born Up!!! Congrats on the birth of you little girl. She is adorable. Such a cutie and perfect in every way.

I was thinking this too!!!  She looks just like her!  She looks so perfect...  Congratulations!  What a birth story..., You had me laughing with the whole poo thing Happy ROFL Glad it all ended well, I hope you are both doing well.  Enjoy your new little princess!!

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy 2003  Baby Boy 2006

Baby Bear Girl Sophie Mia arrived Aug 2011,,, My IG Princess!!

cs/forums/p/207084/1991887.aspx#1991887

Joined 26-May-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-11 4:25 pm
Thanks girls, i hadnt noticed the similarity between the photos and actually it is quite spooky! It is like i have the little girl of my dreams and i am so over whelmed. I am loving every second, even the sleepless ones and cant believe my luck. My boys are like their daddy and she is more like me ,soo blessed and i agree it is nice to finally have a mini me! They took me off the bp tablets today which is great, i dont think i ever needed them. I am not starting any diet though and just ate a choc eclair. I now have the whole breast feeding excuse! I know i will need to do some tummy exercises at some point but will put them off for now! I am enjoying everyone fussing over me and spending loads of time marvelling at anything she does!

Joined 15-Dec-10

29-Jun-11 4:52 pm

Congrats!  She is so Cute...

Proud Mommy!  11/2003-Baby Bear Boy, 09/2006-Baby Bear Boy, 12/2008-Baby Bear Boy, and a Baby Bear Girl 11/2011 Our Family is now complete.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 24-Dec-08

Top Poster
30-Jun-11 6:45 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your sweet girl, she is gorgeousHearts 

soooblessed:
And she even resembles the little girl in your signature.....Happy Giggle
I was thinking the very same thing too.

Nov 2005,  Dec 2007,  Pray , looks like he's all      
Thank you God & IG.

Go Team Pink

Joined 19-Mar-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

30-Jun-11 9:13 pm

Congratulations Up - she is absolutely gorgeous.  I agree with everyone, she looks like the pic in your siggy ... all she needs is the sparkling tiara!  Hearts

Baby Boy (2003) Baby Boy (2004) 

BFP on 15/1/2011 at 8DPO - Heartbroken 10/3/2011 at 11 weeks Sad

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tayls

Joined 1-Dec-10

2-Jul-11 4:27 pm

Freya is gorgeous!  Freya was our #2 choice for name, too! 

Have a Baby Boy 2001, and Baby Boy 2003... hoping for a Baby Girl on June 17, 2011!  CONFIRMED Baby Girl on January 19, 2011!!!  WOO-HOO!!!
Viola arrived on June 15th, 2011!!

Page: of 1