Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Expecting third boy... but still feels like I should be having a girl

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
27-Jun-11 11:02 pm

You know the whole gut instinct... it's driving me crazy... like I feel I have accepted that i'm having another boy... but at the same time... i still feel like I'm having a girl.

maybe I'm just in denial... is anyone else experiencing this.... or has experienced this?

2002 Baby Boy, 2009 Baby Boy  TTC Baby Girl Jan 2011... but alas... it appears to be a Baby Boy  due 12/nov/2011... born 15th nov 2011!

TICKLEME'S GENDER U/S's-  www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/226121.aspx

TICKLEME'S NUB U/S's - www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/224350.aspx 

My Birth Story http://in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/239115.aspx

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
27-Jun-11 11:06 pm

Like i keep imagining that I will give birth to a girl, and that it's a massive surprise. I'm crazy and in denial. arg... I'm stupid.

2002 Baby Boy, 2009 Baby Boy  TTC Baby Girl Jan 2011... but alas... it appears to be a Baby Boy  due 12/nov/2011... born 15th nov 2011!

Joined 27-Jun-11

27-Jun-11 11:21 pm

I can relate. I'm expecting our 3rd boy in December also, but every time my 4 year old insists that it's going to be a girl I actually feel a little glimmer of hope and think that the ultrasound was wrong...LOL. I feel so guilty about still wanting a girl after it has been confirmed that another little boy is on the way.

Baby Boy06 Heartbroken08 Heartbroken08 Baby Boy09 Heartbroken11 Baby Boydue Dec 2011    still longing for a Baby Girl one day!

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
27-Jun-11 11:37 pm

Sad yeah my eldest kept saying girl too. infact not one person thought I'd be having another boy... everyone predicted girl. and everyone keeps saying to me, you never know, they could be wrong.

How are you coping with it? what are you doing to talk yourself into believing it's a boy?

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
27-Jun-11 11:38 pm

Sad yeah my eldest kept saying girl too. infact not one person thought I'd be having another boy... everyone predicted girl. and everyone keeps saying to me, you never know, they could be wrong.

How are you coping with it? what are you doing to talk yourself into believing it's a boy?

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
27-Jun-11 11:39 pm

Joined 4-Apr-10

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 1:55 am

I felt with pregnancy #2 very sure it was my girl, as the pregnancy was a complete opposite.... with my third I thought it would be another boy as it was identical to pregnancy #2..... sorry you are going through this. Would another scan help?

Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2007 Baby Girl 2009

Joined 21-Jun-11

28-Jun-11 5:05 am

Yeah I feel very much the same. I just found out last week that I'm  having my 2nd boy. Everyone around me thought it was going to be a girl, and was surprised when I said the ultrasound tech said it was a boy. Some family members have even said "well ultrasounds aren't always right"

This pregnancy is different from my first one and that makes me keep thinking it really is going to be a girl. I too keep having visions of the doctor saying "it's a girl" at the birth

We have told my son he is having a baby brother, and he keeps insisting that his baby brother is going to be a girl. Have tried to explain that it doesn't work like that but he's a bit young to understand

To add fuel to the fire the cord was inbetween the baby's legs during the ultrasound. The tech said she was sure it was a boy and said she could see his penis, but I didn't get to see it with my own eyes. Even the it's a boy picture she printed out looks nothing like any gender shot I've ever seen.

Good luck, maybe you will be in that 5% group where the ultrasound tech got it wrong

DS #1 - 2008

DS #2 - 2011

DD #1 - 2014 (the biggest surprise of my life. - yay)

Joined 7-Jul-10

28-Jun-11 8:16 am

I feel exactly the same as you and could have written your post myself. We were told it looks like 3rd baby boy but I just have this niggling doubt that it could be wrong. With DS2, I kept calling him he and referred to him and DS1 as the boys subconsciously. With this one I say she without even thinking and I even called DS2 the girls name we had chosen the other day! I think I am in denial but everything screams girl to me! I'm having another scan at the end of July and will have to ask them to make sure and put me out of my misery!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Bear Boy 2004 Baby Bear Boy 2008 and looks like Baby Bear Boy due October 2011!

Joined 4-Feb-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 4:35 pm

Me too, even though with my u/s pics there is no way this could be a girl and the tech said look there's penis and there's scrotum.  Even then I still have moments of well maybe.  This pregnancy is so so different to my first two that everyone thought this would be a girl.  My kids still say girl and  it's hard.  You are not alone.

I keep having dreams about having a girl and bringing her home to all boys clothes etc, I know they are just wishful dreams but they are there.

Baby Boy7, Baby Boy5, HeartbrokenNov 09, Heartbroken Feb Baby Boy 1

Loving life with my three amazing boys & now Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Joined 5-Jan-11

Top Poster
28-Jun-11 5:25 pm

Well I told DH about my feelings last night... and he started laughing... he said occasionally he will hear a name he likes, and he'll go to tell me... then he'll remember, oh thats right, it's a boy. he just didn't say anything to me because thought he'd upset me. 

I'm glad my hubby is going through it as well.... i started the conversation with... don't be cranky with me... because I know it's a boy... but i keep having feelings it's a girl, and when i think about the baby i think girl thoughts.

I'm trying so hard to be pro-boy.... by doing the baby's room, buying boy's stuff. I even saw a little girls outfit that I thought was so gorgeous... and put it back without being upset.

Doesn't deny that what I feel though. I think I was just so convinced this was a girl... it's hard to let that go.

Mandez- with both my 15wk6d and 19wk2d u/s... the cord was right between the legs. and the baby kept grabbing hold of it... so then there was a hand to obstruct the view at times too. with both the tech's said boy. with the 19wk u/s it's legs were shut (i had a student tech), and then she did some weird angle and there was a bulge and said it's a boy, there's the scrotum and there's the penis... but it was very distorted, she typed boy on the screen... then she says... nah  i wont do that.... and deleted it. and I asked her to make sure she printed it off.... and she said yes.... but i can't find the pic in the shots she gave me. during the scan I said to ryan, can you see that? are you happy that's boy bits?... he said yes....

Last night we spoke about that scan... and he said he agreed it was a little disapointing that things weren't that obvious and he agreed there was something there.... but it wasn't typical.

I don't want to go for another scan. I don't want to get my heart broken again. I'd rather jsut believe it's a boy and whatever will be will be. It's most likely a boy.

These girly feelings just suck!

Joined 20-Apr-11

28-Jun-11 5:30 pm
It's hilarious reading these posts. It's amazing how many of us have the same thoughts. Reading all of your posts makes me feel a bit silly. But in a good way. I had this "gut instinct" all through the first trimester. Then had my 12 week scan and tech said he can say almost certainly a boy. All nub guesses were also boy. I still went home and went to bed and woke up and felt girl girl girl. They MUST be wrong! Then had a 16 week scan. Nope still a boy, said the tech. I STILL came home and in a few weeks dismissed the scan as "maybe wrong." going online and reading all these "surprise stories" of a girl popping out really doesn't help matters. Anyway, it took my 20 week scan for me to see a CLEAR penis sticking out between the legs for it to finally sink in. Now i look back and laugh at myself and reading everyone else on here actually helps me feel a bit sillier as we all seem to be wising for the same things. In reality, tech's are rarely ever wrong these days and i trust my own eyes as well. Sorry to be such a realist, but that's just being truthful.

Joined 9-Feb-09

28-Jun-11 5:55 pm

I was told boy at my 18 week scan and here is the shot

Then at my 23 week scan we found out HE was indeed a SHE

\

I still dident beleive it but at 27 weeks it was confirmed AGAIN

So Early on U/S can be very wrong...Im not saying yours is but it was very true in my case...

Mom To a Baby Boy (7) and Baby Boy (5) Its a Miracle Baby Girl My Little Princess arrived 10/22/10 6lb 10oz and absolutely perfect my Dreams have come true!!

Page: of 7