Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Due Dates and Appointments

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
20-Sep-11 2:57 pm

Harper29:
Classic movie queen. Question for you. This is first pregnancy that I am going to work really hard at a natural la or an birth experience. How do you do it? Unassisted and at home? Any tips? I am also really curious to know if labor and contrax are more painful with piton than with a natural labor?

Great decision to go natural! To answer your question, yes, I give birth unassisted, at home. Are you planning a home or hospital birth? Because my advice would vary depending on location. Some women will tell you that natural labor and pitocin-augmented labor are no different, but from every experience I have heard (and my own), that is not the case at all. My first birth, where I had pitocin and an epidural, was horribly painful. My natural labors and births (especially my last one, at home) have been amazing.

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13 Due 4/15

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol