Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Dense about pin pointing O

Joined 24-May-11

17-Jun-11 11:29 am

I feel so dense, but I can't seem to get a grasp on understanding BBT and getting an idea of when O is. I've been charting for a couple months now and I sort of have a bit of an idea about the changes on that, but I don't get when the temp change happens, where it is in relation to O.

So, I get an +OPK, which means I will O in about 12-36 hours, right?

I have ewcm, which means I am nearing O, but once it changes back to creamy, I am about 12 hours or more after O, right?

The temp goes up, is this just before O, at O, or after it has happened?

I think that is what I am confused about and just can't seem to get my head around. Please help me understand better!!! Thank you!

Joined 15-Jun-11

18-Jun-11 4:03 am

Hi Hughto!

Don't worry you're not dense there is just soooooo much to remember!

When your temp goes up it means you ovulated the day before.  So OPK's are before and temp rise is right after.  I was charting at home too but have decided to start charting on Fertility Friend because they do all the figuring out for you (and it's free!).  All you have to do is put your information in and the site charts it all up for you and shows when you ovulated.  Once you've done a few cycles it all becomes a bit clearer.

HTH Happy Smile

Me: 30  DH: 43  Married Oct 02 Hearts

Baby Boy 5 yrs old

Baby Boy 4 yrs old

Pray  for a Baby Girl 

Joined 24-May-11

18-Jun-11 8:28 pm

Thank you for your help! I think I understand a bunch better now! So, basically, on the day that the temp rose, that is when the changes will wind up happening with the cervix- the hardening, closing and cm changing from ewcm to creamy?

And thanks about the advice on fertility friend. I have been using something on my phone (since I have that with me almost always), but it hasn't really given me a good idea of when anything really happened. I'm not looking forward in transfering all that info, but if it helps me better, than great!

Thank you again!

Joined 15-Jun-11

19-Jun-11 8:54 pm

Yep that's it! And you're very welcome Happy Smile You'll have to monitor your body for the changes very closely if you're going to attemp O+12 ... it's such a small window that you don't want to miss it!

I don't envy you the info transfer!  Maybe check out the FF site and search through a few charts to see if it's going to suit you better than the app you're currently using?  On the upside, FF is available on smartphones too Happy Smile

Baby Boy 5 yrs old

Baby Boy 4 yrs old

Pray  for a Baby Girl 

Joined 15-Jun-11

19-Jun-11 8:59 pm

Yep that's it! And you're very welcome Happy Smile You'll have to monitor your body for the changes very closely if you're going to attemp O+12 ... it's such a small window that you don't want to miss it!

I don't envy you the info transfer!  Maybe check out the FF site and search through a few charts to see if it's going to suit you better than the app you're currently using?  On the upside, FF is available on smartphones too Happy Smile

Baby Boy 5 yrs old

Baby Boy 4 yrs old

Pray  for a Baby Girl 

Joined 24-May-11

20-Jun-11 2:25 pm

Yes, I did find the app for FF! But then I didn't know what to do! Ha! I guess I need to start reading through the emails they have been sending me since you told me about it! I feel like I'm going back to school.

And thank you again for the info to help straighten me out. My trial run this month has gotten me a lot more familiar with everything. Saturday at 8PM, I got a +OPK and have been constantly checking the body changes now!!! Now that I am nearing in on almost 48 hours since the test, I have been checking hourly! Oh, and yes, I am planning on O+12, which is why I feel like a mad woman with all these checks.

Thank you!!!

Joined 15-Jun-11

21-Jun-11 6:50 am

Sounds like you're on your way to a great sway!

Good luckGood Luck Clover

Baby Boy 5 yrs old

Baby Boy 4 yrs old

Pray  for a Baby Girl 

Page: of 1