Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Anybody over 37 yrs had success with Genesis?

Joined 25-Feb-09

16-Jun-11 7:20 am

Hi everyone,

I have been a lot on this site when I was pregnant with my second boy and had terible GD, then left due to all the monkeys and problems with Gold membership. I had two failed IVF cycles in my local country (GS is illegal but PGD is legal so that the way they do it) and if I go for third I will definitelly go abroad, most likely US. But it is huge money to spend.....but I want the best as it will be my last attempt.

I am 37,5, good FSH of 6,4. I had good response first time (14 eggs) but only 5 mature and from 3 normal embryos two girls stopped growing and one boy made it to blast. Next cycle they increased the Puregon dose a bit but added BCP before the cycle and my outcome was much worse - 7 eggs, 4 mature, 3 girls and 1 boy, all abnormal, all had trisomies.

They never measured E2 so I have no clue about the levels (not good approach...).

Only one good think is that I had almost everything covered by insurance as every woman is eligible to do three cycles, I just paid for PGD and some fees so the  total ammount was extremly low compare to others.

I know there were some success stories with Genesis in past couple of months but I saw all were much younger then me. Anybody in my age?

Thanks a lot for replies, LLB4M

LOVE my Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2009

Baby Girl to be our next

2 failed HT attempts in Europe in 2011

IVF 3 Jan 2014, 1 healthy XX, FET, BFN

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
16-Jun-11 12:54 pm
May I ask why pgd is covered by the insurance? In holland you can do it 3 times also if you have an good reason because of an discease. We are waiting now for an approval....... Maybe you can give us an good advice?!?!?!

Joined 25-Feb-09

16-Jun-11 4:10 pm

Hi, no PGD is covered only for couple of strong genetic medical reasons, but you can request it also due to age (over 37 if I remember well), then you are allowed to have it oficially  and legally and just have to pay it extra, not covered. But compare to US it was really cheap. Of course no way for GS, you have to pretend secondary infertility for getting approval from insurance authorities. My RE knew the right reason and had no problems at all.

Baby Girl to be our next

Joined 25-Feb-09

16-Jun-11 4:14 pm

But honestly said - I would not do it again with any RE not experienced with GS,  they really use the same style protocl as for intertility patient or young donnors and it is not giving enough eggs to choose from....GS is all the number game, enough eggs is way to win...

Baby Girl to be our next

Joined 25-Feb-09

13-Sep-11 6:59 am

Any news? Everyone who had success with Genesis is younger? I am trying to decide between Genesis and Dr. Lin (too expensive...).

Baby Girl to be our next

Joined 25-Feb-09

23-Oct-11 3:22 pm

Still anybody? I need to make decission soon and I am getting really nervous. It is our last chance.

Baby Girl to be our next

Joined 27-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Oct-11 2:54 am
Hi ladybug I'm 36 and a half and just got my bfp from genesis. They were wonderful and I would recommend them to anyone. Hope that helps
5 gorgeous Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy and my Genesis, Cyprus twin Baby GirlBaby Girl born May 2012

Joined 10-Oct-10

24-Oct-11 9:10 am

I would 100% recommend Genesis. i am 42 and had 2 failed cycles with Savvas, but would and am going back to him. If it is expertise, well he has it as good as anyone. He is very popular at present and results are really good.I also thought of going to America but after been to Savvas I know now America would have been no different. Now I return for another with Savvas. Good luck, if you haven't been to Genesis well it is the only clinic i would consider outside America. good luck.

Joined 10-Oct-10

24-Oct-11 9:14 am

Is it genesis in Cyprus of usa. cyprus is where i think we are mentioning.

Yasmin

Joined 11-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Oct-11 5:57 pm

hi there, i am in the midts of doing my research about PGD for myself in the coming year we are thinking around october 2012 when the children have their first half term holiday after the summer. please clarify for me what is genesis what is savvas? i have gotten in contact with a cinic in greece and strange enough i can't even remember which one but i got a call form the nurse who quickly explained to me the timeline for my PGD if i were to get it done.  one minute i am uber excited about the whole idea to get to do this as my husband finally and reluctanly agreed an then i gt cold fet becasue i cannot find any reputable clinic with genuine people reviewing it online and talking of success stories. to top it all off i have slight PCOS which i now control with diet and BCP (also to prevent PG as my husband really would not be happy if i became PG with no guarnatee for it to be of our chosen gender)...

it all sounds so straight forward when the nursespoke to me, i were to come of the BCP the month before i wanted to try. but i were to the testing whilst on the pill 2 months before i cannot rmember her saying place come off the pill whilst we arrange for the scan and monitor. then they would send me the drugs i can either order them myself on prescription given by them in the Uk or buy them in greece slightly cheaper. then  i need at least 5 days in greece for the trasnfer.

this is all so mind bogling. then you com eon here and people re talking in abbreviations for many medicals terms and procesdures and drugs and i am totally lost!!!!

i just need some reassurance that this clinic in greece is no gimmick, does anyone have had it done and how do people with PCOS get treated. how effective is PGD if you have PCOS????

i am also 37 years aold and will be 38 when i am thinking of starting it......help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mum to 5 of 4 princes and one princess!!!!!! Expecting no.6 :)........hoping for another princess to complete my family once and for all......but a 5th prince is very welcome too :)

Joined 6-Apr-11

25-Oct-11 12:10 am
Hi toomanyboys, I can sincerely recommend the Genesis clinic i Cyprus (Limassol) which is run by dr Savvas. As I understand it he has done research on ivf on women with PCOS so I would think You would be in the very best of hands there. I have had one cycle there (testing today or tomorrow) but regardless of the outcome I really recommend them. If I get a negative test result (=BFN) I will certainly go back to the same clinic. I am also 37 and if You are considering doing this I would advise You to do it sooner rather than later because age is a big factor. Lots of luck to You.

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
25-Oct-11 5:30 am
Hi toomanyboys I agree with Dalecarlia. Dr Savvas Koundouros is very good doctor with a lot of knowledge. There are a lot of girls from this forum that went to Savvas and got preg. I went also to him and I'm waiting of my results but probably it will be negative because my period started. Dr Savvas thinks that I have endometriosis (we didn't know that because I have had no symptoms at all but just embryos who are poor developed). He told me that I wouldn't leave the clinic before I have my babygirl. He is very confidant that i can get pregnant with this disease.....

Joined 25-Feb-09

26-Oct-11 3:30 am

Yes I mean Genesis, dr Savvas at Cyprus. Mainly due to the sperm sort he offers. I had two no transfer cycles locally and both ended NT due to fact that I had enough eggs but only couple of them were mature. First time 3, 2 normal girls stopped growing, second time 4, 1 boy plus 3 girls all abnormal. protocols were antagonist both times and my RE seems not to be willing to do any change. I am 38 next week. My local RE told me to wait at least 6 months to do the third cycle (second in June) as I had high dose of meds (350 iui of Puregon).

Honestly I am thinking of giving up, I just think meds do not do well together with my body and the outcome will not be any better.....

Baby Girl to be our next

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
26-Oct-11 5:19 am
Hmmmm did you discuss your case with dr Savvas? I know that he would me give me a next time a different protocol he told me. So maybe he has something else for you in mind too? I would send him an email with your story and your questions and see what he has to say about it. You can give that at least a try before giving up right???? I know today he is very busy (7 biopsies and many other stuff to do) so I think he will not answer inmidiatly but most of the times he answers very soon. You can also call him but that's maybe more difficult because of your particular case...I would say let's see what he has to say and then decide! Good luck with your decision!

Joined 25-Feb-09

29-Oct-11 3:20 pm

Yes, right, I will do it. I can always give up later...thanks alot.

Can someone send me a contact? You cannot PM me here but I am on the "other" site too.

Baby Girl to be our next

Page: of 1