Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How long does the process take?

Joined 29-Jun-10

11-Jun-11 9:25 am

I do not have any centers near me at all that does IVF/ PGD. I am in southeast georgia which is 4 hours from atlanta, and 5 hours from orlando. The closest facility is a 6 hour drive or more that seems like it has good success rates. I was wondering how long it takes to do one cycle. I have heard you have to be on meds and then it also takes days for them to do the genetic testing. I know I wouldn't be able to go on vacation for a long time. I am just wondering for those who are planning to travel or have already how everything goes.

Baby Girl Arianna 08 Baby Girl Haylee 09

Baby Girl Madison Jade Due in November

Planning on High Tech for Baby Boy in 2013

Joined 4-Jul-08

Top Poster
11-Jun-11 12:08 pm
You should be able to do your monitoring locally and then travel to the IVF clinic for a week to do ER and then 5 days later, ET.

I am a mother to 2 beautiful and perfect little Baby Boy.
igerinhen@gmail.com

First and only HT cycle June 2011: no transfer, no normal XX. 
Moved on.  Zero desire to ever do a HT cycle again.  Blessed with my precious boys.  :)

Feel free to visit my detailed HT Blog: http://xxjourney.blogspot.com.

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
11-Jun-11 4:04 pm
I cycled out of town and we had to be in CA for 10 days. You can read about it in my blog. I had my early monitoring appointments at a local clinic. You should check out RBA in Atlanta. They do GS.

Baby Boy  Baby Boy who I absolutely adore, and now Baby Girl is here!

My acronyms: MS/IVF/GSN SET OHW @ HRC /  BFP @ 5dp5dt / Beta 225 @ 12dp5dt / Beta 1171 @ 16dp5dt.

My blog:  http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/216355/2061201.aspx#2061201

Joined 29-Jun-10

11-Jun-11 5:08 pm

Thanks! I always heard nobody in georgia does GS, so i will have to check that place in atlanta out. We are military so we can only get 10 days of leave at a time.

Baby Girl Arianna 08 Baby Girl Haylee 09

Baby Girl Madison Jade Due in November

Planning on High Tech for Baby Boy in 2013

Joined 24-Apr-09

Top Poster
12-Jun-11 2:29 pm

If it helps, you only need DH for his sperm sample, so most of the days off required will be for you.  If that helps with planning.

GZ

Baby Boy 2005
MS/IVF/PGD Baby Girl Baby Girl OHW Mar 2010 - Thank you IG, Dr. P, Lori, HRC and MS! 
Age 31 at cycle time, with elevated FSH (12.5)
More info: visit my detailed HT blog and/or see my cycle info

Think Blue

Joined 9-Apr-09

Top Poster
12-Jun-11 2:55 pm

If your DH saves up his leave days they'll let him take more than 10, especially if you wait til the summertime for when kids are out of school, you can a least get 3 weeks. Good luck

Mommy to Baby Bear Girl  Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Boy

Page: of 1