Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Mainstream News Article on Consequences of Cultural Gender Preference

Joined 11-Dec-10

4-May-11 9:10 am

What is even worse, this has reached America already. I sometimes take a stroll through my local Chinatown and the fact that sex-selective abortion is done there is evident. Little boys far outnumber little girls. A study done 15 years ago in California has already confirmed this. It must be even worse now, with the improvement of ultrasound technology, & private ultrasound offices when they can tell the sex with fair certainty at 12+ weeks.

When I was pregnant they had a policy of not revealing gender at my hospital because it serves the large local Indian/Pakistani community. The technician told me how these women begged her on their knees (literally) "tell me please tell me that I'm having a boy"! And these are often well to do people...so its not like they cannot afford dowry.

Anyway this makes me feel bad for wanting a boy because it puts me in the same company with these nuts ,

MY GRANDMA: Baby Girl,Baby Girl, MY MOM:: Baby Girl, Baby Girl, HER SISTER Baby Girl,Baby Girl, Baby Girl, ME: Baby Girl2007, AND FINALLY,, Baby Boy 2012