Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Breech Babies and C-Sections

Think Blue

Joined 9-Apr-09

Top Poster
3-May-11 1:25 pm

I am starting to take notice to the position he's in at times, and with all my other pregnancies they were head down by 20 weeks and stayed that way, no I take that back DD3 didn't go head down until 36 weeks, but this baby flip flops so much I'm really scared he won't be head down and I'll have to get a c-section, so my question is do they schedule those c-sections for one and 2 can I make him stay head down? DD3 was sideways until 36 weeks she didn't flip flop an I think that's what scares me a little bit about him.

Mommy to Baby Bear Girl  Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Boy

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-May-11 9:13 pm

My dd1 was head down from the beginning, and never flopped much, I remember the day she dropped vividly and knew she was head down. In your case I dont know if you've ever had c-sections before but if you ahve not then they will wait to schedule you and try to get this little one to move head down either on his own, or by manipulating him. Plus they will likely do some late scans before or at 36 weeks to check his status and weight...I hope he stays head down for you!

This little gal has been breech since the beginning, once again, just opposite my DD1... and she LOVES to flip! Unfortunatly there is no way to keep them sunnyside up, so to speak, or I'd keep her from flipping! I dont mind her little punches and kicks, but that flopping and turning, OUCH! Especially since shes so darn loooowwww

"I may be small but I matter. Teach me. Love me. Believe in me. Because with your guidance, one day, when I'm all grown up, I will be someone amazing"

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Think Blue

Joined 9-Apr-09

Top Poster
3-May-11 11:22 pm

BB with DD1 I remember her dropping very well... it felt like she really just fell into my pelvis one day hard, I was like whoa! I have never had a csection and am trying to avoid it, I don't know why he's being so difficult, he does things I never felt with any of the others, I can feel him roll which is hilarious, he's so lazy at times lol

Melanie

Joined 8-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-May-11 12:24 am

DS was breech from at least 28 weeks down and he never turned.  my water broke at 37 1/2 weeks and I had my C/S then.  I wasn't interested in turning him though - I was quite happy to get a c/s. 

There's still plenty of time at 30 weeks.   There are things you can do to help him turn/stay head down.  check out http://www.spinningbabies.com/

If you want to, you can ask for an "external version" where they try to turn the baby manually at term.  I believe they do this around 37 or 38 weeks, though, because there's a chance you could go into labor because of the procedure (or the baby can have distress, and they need to induce).  I have heard the ECV is quite painful though.

For breech, they don't rush the c/s - I'm sure it's doctor-dependent, but there is no urgency, so if they book it, they can book in the 39th week (when it's safest for baby) and if you happen to go into labor sooner, they just do it at that time.   

Think Blue

Joined 9-Apr-09

Top Poster
4-May-11 12:56 am

Thanks for the info Mel

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-May-11 1:16 pm

Queen- it's so funny how similar our babes are!! she too can be quite lazy and does a lot of rolls and flopping...it's almost like fluid movements makes her tired so she just flops over instead! LOL!! My dd1 was more kicks and jabs in the ribs and wouldn't get hiccups very often....this one gets hiccups at least 4 times a day...they couldn't be more opposite...from ovulation side, implantation side, position, heartbeat, movements, hiccups, EVERYTHING! LOL! This is going to be SO interesting to see her personality! EEK, kinda scares me cause Adysen was so chill and easy!

"I may be small but I matter. Teach me. Love me. Believe in me. Because with your guidance, one day, when I'm all grown up, I will be someone amazing"

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Think Blue

Joined 9-Apr-09

Top Poster
4-May-11 3:36 pm

They say the first 2 are always opposites and my first 2 DDs are night and day lol and always have been but DD3 tops the cake she's just... wild lol. This baby hiccups maybe once a week but DD3 hiccuped ALL the time, oooh but I love how i'm getting the major kicks that move my whole body now, its funny how they are soooo tiny when they come out but they have the ability to move us on the inside

Page: of 1