Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Obsessed over baby's gender?

Joined 22-Jun-10

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 3:00 pm

I suppose we all are in the same boat since we're on this site but I was wondering if I am the only crazy person who is obsessing over the gender of their baby??  I spend every free moment of the day looking at u/s pics and obsessing over whether this baby will be a boy or girl.  It's driving me nuts and making this wait so much longer! 

Anyone else out there experiencing the same kind of restless anxiety?? 

Baby Boy08/06 Baby Boy06/08Baby Girl Born Oct 21, 2011!!  

Joined 11-Jan-11

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 3:08 pm
I did! It was ridiculous. If I woke up to pee in the night I would go back to bed and grab my iphone to search the internet again. After a few weeks of that I booked a private scan so I could finally get through it. Worth every cent!!!!!!!!! And I feel like an expert u/s tech now, LOL!

Sad FlowerBaby Girl 2002  Baby Girl 2006  Baby Girl 2008  &  Baby Boy 2011!!!

Joined 22-Jun-10

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 3:34 pm

I know what you mean.  It's the first thing I think about in the morning and the last before bed!  I don't think my worry is whether or not it's a girl but that they won't be able to tell me 100% either way since I am going in so early.  I guess I had the same fears with both of my boys and it was very easy to tell right away, although I was almost 18 weeks or more with them.  I just want the guessing and back and forth to end!

Joined 23-Apr-09

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 5:41 pm
-

Joined 22-Jun-10

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 7:24 pm

Goingfor3 did your tech wager a guess based on your 12w nub?  Mine said girl but I'm not sure how experienced she was and how seriously she took it.  However, ever since she said that it's given me this surge of hope that it must be a girl and so now I can't imagine being told it is boy #3 which I'm sure will make it that much more disappointing.  I had convinced myself that it was boy #3 so I wouldn't get my hopes up and now I keep picturing my daughter being born and my 2 boys having a little sister. 

Good luck with your scan on Thursday...keep us posted!

Joined 23-Apr-09

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 8:36 pm
-

Joined 11-Jan-11

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 8:40 pm
Have you guys ever been thinking that you just can't possibly have the gender you want because you just keep making the opposite? I had an overwhelming feeling that I would just keep having girls. I told my DH that if I heard "boy" it would be better than hearing "you just won the lottery!" And... it was!!!!!!!!

Sad FlowerBaby Girl 2002  Baby Girl 2006  Baby Girl 2008  &  Baby Boy 2011!!!

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 8:41 pm
Sounds like me, I am always on my phone searching boy nubs...girl nubs. I just have to get it over with and book a appt tomarrow so I can finally know. It's driving me crazy. I want a girl so bad so hopefully that's what I hear.

HeartsBaby Bear Boy10Baby Bear Boy8Baby Bear Boy4Baby Bear Girl2Hearts

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 11:31 pm

I think of the gender scan like the prom.  The prom itself is kinda lame - the boys get drunk and don't want to dance, someone's boyfriend makes out with someone's best friend, etc., etc.  The real excitement about prom is the anticipation.  Is he going to ask me?  What dress will I wear? 

Once you find out the sex of the babe, sure, there's shopping.  There's nursery planning.  But it's mostly all about the wait now.  Waiting for the babe to be born and then the suffering of sleepless nights and cracked nipples can begin.

So, try to enjoy the fun of not knowing.  I know it feels like torture - but it really does give you something to look forward to that isn't months away...

Anyway, I have learned tons since my miscarriage last year.  I learned all about gender swaying and ultrasonic gender determination - not to mention the early signs of pregnancy viability and a bunch of other info.  I'm proud of myself - and you guys should be to.  I am constantly amazed at how little people know about human reproduction let alone all of this stuff.  

PS: GoingFor3 - I studied your nub shot.  I zoomed in on the bits and I have no idea what you are talking about in terms of the spine.  The spine is perfectly straight and the nub, when drawn in is complete. 

Due June 5th

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 11:35 pm

Im about to deliver and i still ask myself if this is for sure a girl... 

Baby Boy04Baby Boy07Baby Boy09 Heartbroken10  Baby Girl 28th of April 35+3 weeks Heartbroken Baby Girl June 13 Baby #5 due June 5th

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 11:42 pm

Natalie Ena:

Im about to deliver and i still ask myself if this is for sure a girl... 

Especially with the last few stories of girls turning into boys!  SCARY!

Due June 5th

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
26-Apr-11 11:47 pm

Yes... Thank god i have has 100's of scan. I will be shocked if our little girl has a penis lol

Baby Boy04Baby Boy07Baby Boy09 Heartbroken10  Baby Girl 28th of April 35+3 weeks Heartbroken Baby Girl June 13 Baby #5 due June 5th

Joined 22-Jun-10

Top Poster
27-Apr-11 8:53 am

RainDreamer:
Have you guys ever been thinking that you just can't possibly have the gender you want because you just keep making the opposite? I had an overwhelming feeling that I would just keep having girls. I told my DH that if I heard "boy" it would be better than hearing "you just won the lottery!" And... it was!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is exactly how I feel.  I mean I've only had 2 boys but it still seems impossible to have a girl since I thought each pregnancy before was a girl and it turned out not to be.  I am constantly looking at families out shopping to see which gender they have, taking note of the ones with all the same gender and being jealous of the ones who have one of each.  Dumb, I know, but until I'm done having children and know what my future holds I've been obsessed!  Ever since I was told my first born was a boy I've been so impatient about finding out how my family will turn out.

Joined 15-Apr-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Apr-11 9:53 am

I am totally obsessed!  I have made every friend that had a boy dig out thier 13/12 week US pics to give me.  I think about it all day every day.  I am driving myself insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/28/02Baby Bear Girl 11/23/03Baby Bear Girl  5/15/07Baby Bear Girl    Due September 27th 2011!!   IT is a Baby Bear Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you GOD, and thank you IG for all the information and support...the ladies here are amazing!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-11 10:33 am

I did this for months.  I didnt know about the nub theory at the time, but had an u/s at 13 and 16 weeks, and didn't technically find out gender. I was so afraid of being disappointed if I knew it was a boy, that I didn't find out at 20 wks either, (knowing I would deal easier at birth.)  I finally had to just throw all the pics away about a month before I was due, because I found ways to make it both girl and boy.  I also knew that if I put the pics up on here I wouldn't be convinced anyway, so I just skipped that too. Lol!  

Page: of 2