Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Second baby weight loss?

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
23-Apr-11 6:38 am

Hello! I'm here looking for a bit of hope so please offer some needed advice/insight if you can Happy

I am two weeks pp with my little Willow and a bit heavier than after I had my son (only about 5lbs but it still gets to me) I trhink I need to loose about 14lbs to get to where I'm happiest.

I was wondering if it took longer was any more difficult than with DC 1? I'm only 2 years older but this LO isn't as hungry as her brother and I'm woried the weight wont 'fall off' like it did with him.

Also I didn't retain weight with B-feeding last time, Is there a possiblity my body will this time? I'm really scared of that....I have had emotional problems with my weight for many years and dont want to go barmy againEmbarrassed..lol..not niceSad.

I know it's only two weeks but I'm already obsessing I cant get in my clothes. I think I need to padlock them for another 4 months!

Any help really appreciated,

love xxx

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
23-Apr-11 9:54 am

anyone? x

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
23-Apr-11 4:30 pm

I bounced back the best after my ds2....it was my dd that did me in.Sad  I'm the kind of person that loses weight easily while breastfeeding.  Breastfeeding was SO good to me.  LOL.  So I would say that if you lost weight while b/f your first child, then you probaby will with this one (I did with all 3 of mine).  You're only 2 weeks since delivering, so give it some time. 

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
24-Apr-11 12:22 pm

Thank you so much for answering, I'm feeling really low about my body so you have helped just by reminding me to have a bit of patience-even though I know it I need to here it..

Do you think it was something to do with having a girl that made it worse for you after her? I know it sound weird but all my friends with girls did struggle to loose the weight while my friends with boys didn't..I hope I'm imagining it!

I'm def going to B-feed for as long as I can. Praying it works the charm the 2nd time round!

Thanks again xx

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
24-Apr-11 2:44 pm

pixiecat-glitterdoll:
Do you think it was something to do with having a girl that made it worse for you after her?

No...I think it was more my age (33 years old when I had her).  I gained the same amount of weight during her pregnancy as I did the others.  I also think it had to do with knowing that she was my last child....after ds2 I wanted to lose weight to ttc again (pink)!  so I had more motivation. 

It will come, don't worry!  And yes - b/f for as long as you can, it will help!

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
25-Apr-11 9:03 am

Thankyou!  Yes that does make sense..your answers have chilled me out a bit.lol..

I'm hoping in 6 months time I will look back and wonder what I was freaking out about!

x

Joined 18-Apr-10

Top Poster
2-May-11 6:55 am
I understand how your feeling and I'm still pregnant, still got a lot more growing to do.. but I'm already wondering how I'm going to get my body back! I didn't find it any different between my first, second and third... I got back to the same weight with all of them so I think your safe!!!! Just give it time your body is still healing, once it's finished doing that you can focus a bit more on exercising and I'm sure the weight will fall off in no time!! Good luck!! And don't stres, your not alone, most of us freak out of the idea of not losing the weight... It will happen!!!!

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy 2003  Baby Boy 2006

Baby Bear Girl Sophie Mia arrived Aug 2011,,, My IG Princess!!

cs/forums/p/207084/1991887.aspx#1991887

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
2-May-11 7:43 am

You are lovely! Thank you so much for this answer Happy. It really helps when people say they did lose second time round! x

butcher494

Joined 15-Sep-09

8-Jun-11 2:35 pm
Hey there with my first i lost all the baby weight and then some in 3 months, i gained 70lbs Embarrassed but lost 80lbs then 9 years later my second i worked out through my whole pregnancy and still gained 50lbs!! and it took me 9 months to loose it all even though i started working out 2 weeks after birth i have been very depressed about the time it has taken for me to loose the weight but im now even smaller im now 126lbs (she is now 16 months)  and top weight befor pregnancy was 140lbs i didnt breastfeed or diet i do think if i had done this on top of working out my results would have come quicker but i hate diets i like chocolate!! my friend had her second baby in feb and she has lost all her weight without diet or exercise she also had a c-section she looks amazing you will get there give it time its very hard you just want your body back i totally understand what you are going trough congrats on your baby girl!!! Happy Wink

Baby Boy2001Baby Girl 2010

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
8-Jun-11 3:58 pm

Ah thanks for your reply. I think the breastfeeding is starting to cut in now! I'm back into most of my pp trousers now-but my boobs are making it difficult to fit into my old tops..lol...I think it was easier with my son as I had him in the Autumn and wore huge jumpers through out the winter. It's trickier in the summer as I'm used to being totally flat chested and all my tops are bought accordingly!

I'm nearly 9 weeks pp now so not doing bad Happy Wink

xx

(Tryin4Pink)

Joined 17-Sep-07

Top Poster
7-Jul-11 1:21 pm

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing.  For me it was actually easier after my second than my first to lose the weight.  However, I also think I started trying sooner after DS2.  Just get out there and get moving somehow.  Find what motivates you.  I go to the YMCA and do classes.  I've met all the girls who do the classes now too, and it's like a club.  We're all motivating to each other.  We even go out on some Saturday nights to go dancing together (with the instructors too).  I like the Zumba (they call it dance fusion) and step aerobic classes, but have done the kickboxing and core strength classes too.  Just find something that you like.  Of course, I believe bfing helps too.  So, keep it up if you can.  I'm was 168 pounds when I walked into the hospital to have DS2, and less than 1 year later, I weighed 120, and I'm still there.  It took hard work though.  Oh, and at the one year mark, it seemed my boobs dropped 2 sizes, and I was still nursing.  UGH!  I miss them!

Baby Boy May 28, 2008  and Baby Boy May 30, 2010

Still room for at least one more... ttc mid 2012

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
8-Jul-11 9:28 am

Hello! Ah that's sweet of you. Well I def not losing it as fast as DS..I'd love to lie and say I am but beng honest with my DS it literally fell off.

She's not as hungry and doesn't want to eat as much so I really think that is to do with it. I am still losing just slowly and I think that will be the trend.I think boys are better for the body-they take more energy to grow and feed! Hence a bigger calorie burn for mummy! All my friends with boys lost the weight asap. 

I haven't dieted at all so far so am making changes now. I haven't weighed myself just going on clothes. In a few months I'll get the guts to get on the scale and see the damage! Just can't deal with that now. Ever since my crazy days I am totaly scale phobicStick out tongue.

I am now 13 weeks pp and I KNOW I look fine but I am used to being skinny and to me I feel like a lump..I know I sound one of those really irritating woman but I hold my hands up and say yeah, I'm a bit mental but what ya gonna do? :)

My tight summer dresses are eyeing me up in the wardrobe mocking me-haha...

I think I'm the only woman ever that can't deal with having boobs-DH loves them! Tough for him they're for the bubba....Baby comes first, 2nd is mummy's weight obsession, 3rd is daddy's needsDevil

xx

(Tryin4Pink)

Joined 17-Sep-07

Top Poster
8-Jul-11 1:00 pm

pixiecat-glitterdoll:
Baby comes first, 2nd is mummy's weight obsession, 3rd is daddy's needs

Haha!  That's right Happy

13 weeks is nothing!  You just kinda have to go with it at this point.  And like you said, every baby is different.  Both my boys were big eaters, but it came off better with DS2.

I'd step away from the scale, and just try to stay active and eat healthy.  Summer clothes do suck!  I think they have a mind of their own.

Baby Boy May 28, 2008  and Baby Boy May 30, 2010

Still room for at least one more... ttc mid 2012

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
8-Jul-11 1:59 pm

Blonde Baby"]13 weeks is nothing!  You just kinda have to go with it at this point.  And like you said, every baby is different.  Both my boys were big eaters, but it came off better with DS2.[/quote] 

Like I said-boys are good for the figure-lol..you are so right-I try to ignor it and think in '7 months time' instead of next week...easier said than done though.[quote user="Blonde Baby:

Summer clothes do suck!  I think they have a mind of their own.

They really do! The buggers..

Thanks hon, you rock Kiss x

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

13-Aug-11 11:51 am

just wanted to wish you good luck, i just joined a gym so hopefully i can get some of this weight off. i didn't lose any of the weight i gained with the 1st baby when i got pregnant with the 2nd. so after the 2nd i felt like a whale. i lost 55lbs! felt great then my husband got home from iraq and said wow honey you look amazing. then i ended up pregnant with number 3.. then we divorced so i had to lose all the weight again. got married again. then we had 4 pregnanies bam bam bam bam, im so done. then i watched just go with it. and there is jennifer aniston at age 40 something rockin this smokin body.. just depressing. good luck to us all!

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Page: of 2