Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

New information about Canola oil and ttc a girl...

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-Jan-08 7:15 pm

pre-seed released this In August of 2007

http://preseed.com/MedicalProfessionals/Pre~SeedIntimateMoisturizerScienceReview-Aug2007.pdf

In it, it says that canola oil has  a pH of 6.83 which goes against the findings of an earlier study that said it had a pH of 2.3.  So this being said it is not advisable to do canola oil an hour before bd.  But you still can use it to help you get pregnant either as a lube or right before because it is an oil and doesn't' sway.

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 14-Aug-07

Top Poster
19-Jan-08 7:28 pm

Yikes...quite a difference.  Well, now I'm torn about using it...

Joined 1-Oct-07

19-Jan-08 7:44 pm

thanks for the information Tamara.  I was planning on using it in another month. 

Joined 3-Oct-07

Top Poster
19-Jan-08 7:52 pm

Even though oil isn't supposed to sway, do you think we should use Replens as a lube instead of canola oil, just in case? Or would that be too much Replens?

Joined 7-Aug-07

Top Poster
19-Jan-08 7:55 pm

What is the pH of Replens?

What if we mixed the two until we got a pH of 4?  Or will Replens & canola oil not mix?

If it won't.. even though it is a pH of 6.83 can we still use Canola oil as a lube right before BD or is that not advisale?  I'm a little confused becuase I know that pH isn't good for a girl..

Baby BoyBaby Boy and Baby Girl coming in November!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-Jan-08 8:04 pm

Heather JJ:

Even though oil isn't supposed to sway, do you think we should use Replens as a lube instead of canola oil, just in case? Or would that be too much Replens?

Replenes as a lub will kill all sperm.  You can't use it for this.  You can still use canola oil to help you get pregnant as its pH wont be a factor because it is an oil.  And with all the douching everyone uses it will be ok.

ddddds
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-Jan-08 8:05 pm

What is the pH of Replens?

2 something

What if we mixed the two until we got a pH of 4?  Or will Replens & canola oil not mix?

replens is water based and oil and water can't mix

If it won't.. even though it is a pH of 6.83 can we still use Canola oil as a lube right before BD or is that not advisable?  I'm a little confused because I know that pH isn't good for a girl..

I say you still can use it as a lube because it will help you to get pregnant and wont harm your swaying efforts; especially since you do a douche again a 1/2 hour after bd

ddddds
Other diets:

Joined 5-Aug-07

Top Poster
19-Jan-08 8:07 pm
No definitely not Replens! Its got a pH that really low- I think a 4. It would make a thick strong sperm killing barrier since its more of a thick cream than a thin lotion consistency. What about stuff like Astroglide though I think that's a 2. At least its got the consistency of fertile CM. Maybe mix some astroglide with canola oil?
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Laura-Monahan/Little-Girl-with-Pray-Rock-Print-C10201572.jpeg

Joined 7-Aug-07

Top Poster
19-Jan-08 8:09 pm

What is the pH of Preseed (that can be used as a lube, right??)?

Baby BoyBaby Boy and Baby Girl coming in November!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-Jan-08 8:14 pm

Chachamama:

What is the pH of Preseed (that can be used as a lube, right??)?

NO preseed is perfect for ttc a boy and has a pH of 7.25

ddddds
Other diets:

Katina

Joined 11-Feb-07

Top Poster
19-Jan-08 11:19 pm

I'm sure there's at least a handful of us that have used canola as not only a lube but also the 30 minutes before bd'ing to lower ph, and now we are all going...OH CRAP!! I'm in the 2WW, and am worried I've sabotaged my attempt now. Tamara, I know I've asked you about this before, but I'll ask again now that things have changed. I'm super duper dry on the clomid. The most cm I get is creamy or a creamyish snotty looking stuff that's yellowish in color. It's not true eggwhite, as it won't stretch at all. It looks like snot really. I am worried that what I'm making isn't enough to get the swimmers up there. I know they should be able to, but what if my DH's swimmers can't get through the creamy stuff? What would I use as a lube internally to help them swim? 

Mommy to 2 sweet little Baby Boy12/00 Baby Boy 8/03. Baby Baby Girl Rachel born still 9-19-09@26wks, due 12-25-09, 4 other angels, Our Rainbow baby Olivia Faith born 10-8-10 7lbs 2oz

Photobucket

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-Jan-08 11:35 pm

you can still use canola oil as a lub.. it wont effect swaying and it will help you to get pregnant.  The pH isn't even right for ttc a boy, so if anything it is neutral.   You just can't use it an hour before anymore incalse it changes your cm pH

ddddds
Other diets:

Katina

Joined 11-Feb-07

Top Poster
19-Jan-08 11:52 pm

Ok, so it will help the swimmers get to the eggie, and it won't favor boys, it's just neutral. I can live with that. DH said we should try to get me more in the mood and see if that helps cm production. Do you agree?

Mommy to 2 sweet little Baby Boy12/00 Baby Boy 8/03. Baby Baby Girl Rachel born still 9-19-09@26wks, due 12-25-09, 4 other angels, Our Rainbow baby Olivia Faith born 10-8-10 7lbs 2oz

Photobucket

formerly deedee016

Joined 22-Jun-07

Top Poster
20-Jan-08 8:53 am

I'm confused about using it as a lube, though.  Even if it doesn't have time to increase cm ph (by using it right before you dtd), it would still be the 6.83 ph which would be good for boys to swim in too, right?  Oh...or...canola oil should only be used as a lube in conjunction w/ an acidic douche?  So the boys would be frozen, do the canola oil lube before dtd, girls are unfrozen and happily swimming in the lube to the target....do the douche again 30min later to make sure the boys don't find that neutral lube to swim in.  Am I right to think, that maybe, those opting out of a douce might want to skip the lube? 

Thanks for posting this info Tamara!!

HeartsBaby Boy Baby BoyBaby Girl Hearts

Katina

Joined 11-Feb-07

Top Poster
20-Jan-08 10:59 am

If that's the case, I'm in trouble, b/c I don't do the douches.

Photobucket

Page: of 3