Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Ethan Russell is here!!

Swaying worked for us!

Joined 22-Oct-09

Top Poster
9-Apr-11 2:18 pm

He is now almost 4 weeks old and I havent had time to write out his birth announcment! EK! Its just been super busy with having 4 kids 4 and under. Not to mention my son Nolan just turned 1 and we had to do the whole party thing. But anyways...Ethan is here and healthy and just a super good baby...insanely sweet 

STATS:

Ethan Russell

Born March 11th 2011 at 7:50am via repeat C-Section

7lbs 3oz and 19.5 inches delivered Frank Breech

So this was my 4th (and FINAL) C-section so I knew what I was gettin myself into. I was really nervous checking in but so excited to meet my little man. After check in I was walked up stairs and began the pre-op stuff. Monitored the baby's h/b and cx for 20 mins...IV....drank that nasty stuff to make you not vomit..etc. DH gowned up and the RN walked me back into the OR. DH waited outside until the Spinal was done. I started panicing once in the OR. Anyone whos had a c-section knows what the OR smells like....feels like (its COLD)...and had that stark bright light. The Anestheiologist was really nice and talked me through it. I hunch over for recieved the first shot in my back...OUCH! Bee Sting Ouch. Then came the BIG ouch. It actually didnt hurt like the numbing shot. This one was born like a deep brused feeling mixed with tingling. All was well and I laid back and got situated before the spinal took full effect. Starting at your toes....working its way up. Once fairly numb they put in the Foley Cathater...fun. They draped me all up and Dh came in. They started and I couldnt feel pain...just pushing and pulling. Even though this was my 4th c-section it seemed to be going faster. scar issue obviously didnt slow them down. All my csections were at he same time. All my kids born at 8am sharp. This lil guy came at 7:50. When it was close the Anestheiologist held up a mirror over the drape so I could see him be born! Something i never got to see with the others. It was CRAZY to see him come out and see all my guts, lol. He was butt first. All you could see were boy parts, lol. The doctor laughed. He came out SCREAMING..it was wonderful. My other son came out and went immediatly to the NICU, so it was nice to see him so healthy! As they were sewing me up my BP dropped and the Anestheiologist gave me some kind of epinephrine. I felt like I was having a heart attach...my heart began to race. What a trip! I began shaking like MAD. An effect of the Spinal I was told. They gave me demerol which took the shakes away at once. I spet a few hours in recovery and then went up to my room.

Once in the room I was put on a PCA pump. A button I could push every 8 mins that gave me 1mg of Morphine. It helped alot. Ethan got his bath and once all spiffed up looked so amazing. My little man! as the spinal wore off the pain hit pretty hard. I got ALOT of gas build up in my chest that was far worse then any surgical pain. They told me tea would help...and walking would. It was so ad that I couldnt even ly down. I didnt sleep for over 25 hours just due to the fact I couldnt lay in my bed. Morphine doesnt help that gas pain. Not to mention that kinda medicine makes you constipated. I know...TMI. But it was so uncomfortale I just had the RN give me a suppository. I took the bull by the horns (so to speak, lol) and afterward I fel alot better...in THAT department. By the 4th day I was well enough to go home. Ethan passed all his hearing and blood tests.

at home is when all the craziness happned. The kids came home and wre really grumpy due to being gone so long. It was really hard adjusting. But they love him...and we're slowly getting into our new routine. Infact, I recently went to Target....by myself...with the 4 kids. Yes, picture how THAT went. LOL. But I did it!

Pic of Ethan not in he hospital.

HeartsIt started with a kiss, and ended up like this...

Baby Boy(36)+Baby Girl(25) = Baby Girl(4), Baby Boy (2), Baby Boy ( 1), and Baby Boy born 3-11-11

Good Luck Clover Luck was on my side, both sways for boys worked! Good Luck Clover

HeartYes, Iam a proud boy mom who would gladly have 50 boys! Heart

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
10-Apr-11 3:56 am

He is so adorable and I love that photo of him!! You are gorgeousHearts

Joined 3-Aug-09

Top Poster
10-Apr-11 5:11 am

Omg Ethan is scrummy, love his name! You look fab too!

Love my babies

Joined 18-Apr-10

Top Poster
10-Apr-11 6:14 am
Congratulations! He is super cute!!!! You both look amazing! Thanks for sharing your birth story. I have never had a c section and that is the first time I have ever heard what it's really like... So thanks for sharing! :) enjoy your precious baby boy.

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy 2003  Baby Boy 2006

Baby Bear Girl Sophie Mia arrived Aug 2011,,, My IG Princess!!

cs/forums/p/207084/1991887.aspx#1991887

My family is complete ???

Joined 29-Mar-10

Top Poster
10-Apr-11 6:25 am

Congrats on your little man. He's adorable. Love the picture. You look amazing for someone after having a section. Wish I looked that good after mine. Happy ROFL This was also my 4th section and for the first 3 I had that morphine pump too but this time round I was told they had done away with it and now we had to have difene suppositories every 18 hours and that was it. Was pretty worried as I'm not good with pain but can honestly say that it was the best thing ever. Was never in pain like I was with the others. They are amazing. Did you get your tubes tied? They asked me if I wanted it done but I couldn't bring myself to say yes. They told me in the OR that I could definitely never have another baby as there was so much scar tissue it would be too dangerous. The way the doctor put it was that he'd rather my kids have a mother than a new brother or sister. Scary stuff. Trying to talk DH into having the snip!!! Happy ROFL Congrats again. Hearts

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy2005  Baby Boy2007  Baby Girl2011
Heartbroken03/04 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Link to my sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/153613/1475834.aspx#1475834

Swaying worked for us!

Joined 22-Oct-09

Top Poster
10-Apr-11 3:13 pm

little menX3: They asked me alot if I wanted them tied but I said no. I was almost kind of offended when they asked so much. My DH got the big V about 8 weeks before I delivered. He was really cool about it. Alot of his coworkers had it done and said it was easy...just a mental thing. He had it done and was sore only for about 8 hours. back to work the next day. easy peasy. I had talked to way to many women that have had hormonal problems after having the tubal. I didnt wanna risk it...I know how my luck goes. LOL. I had this 4th baby after a Depo shot...so you can tell I have that 1 in a million luck. And not the good win the lottery 1 in a million. haha. The doc didnt actually tell me how my uterus looked....they got in there pretty fast, so I assumed it wasn't that bad. If DH wanted 5 I would have really had to consider putting my body through a 5th c-section...how often do you wanna push your luck right? 4 healthy kids...4 safe sections...i wont push fate. 

HeartsIt started with a kiss, and ended up like this...

Baby Boy(36)+Baby Girl(25) = Baby Girl(4), Baby Boy (2), Baby Boy ( 1), and Baby Boy born 3-11-11

Good Luck Clover Luck was on my side, both sways for boys worked! Good Luck Clover

HeartYes, Iam a proud boy mom who would gladly have 50 boys! Heart

My family is complete ???

Joined 29-Mar-10

Top Poster
10-Apr-11 3:51 pm

moonwalker:
I had talked to way to many women that have had hormonal problems after having the tubal.

I heard all about that and I think that was one of the main reasons I said no. Also think that seeing as I was the one to worry about minding myself for the 13 years we are together(except when trying obviously!!!) and actually had the 4 sections it wouldn't kill my DH to look after the contraception part of things from now on. One little snip and we'd never have to worry again.

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy2005  Baby Boy2007  Baby Girl2011
Heartbroken03/04 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Link to my sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/153613/1475834.aspx#1475834

Due June 5th

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
10-Apr-11 11:22 pm

He is adorable! Congrats

Baby Boy04Baby Boy07Baby Boy09 Heartbroken10  Baby Girl 28th of April 35+3 weeks Heartbroken Baby Girl June 13 Baby #5 due June 5th

Katy

Joined 23-Jun-09

Gold

Gold Membership

11-Apr-11 3:47 am
Oh, he is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations!!! Am with you on the craziness of 4. I barely have time to pee at the moment xxx

Baby Boy 01 Baby Boy 04  Baby Boy 10 and apparently our surprise baby due in March 2011 is a Baby Girl

Joined 27-Apr-10

Top Poster
11-Apr-11 11:51 am

What a gorgeous name for a gorgeous boy congratulations on your little man!!Hearts

Joined 13-Apr-07

Top Poster
11-Apr-11 1:13 pm

What a cutie!  I love the picture.  I'm glad you are adjusting to 4 (nad all 4 and under!).  I am slowly adjusting but it might make me crazy first.  

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Girl

Wishing we could have 1 m

Joined 13-Oct-09

Top Poster
11-Apr-11 10:45 pm

Congrats! He is so precious and you look awesome for just having a baby. Hope you're recovering well from your c-section. I also just had my 4th c-section and I can honestly say the recovery this time was the best one of all for me. So I was surprised and glad. Lol.

DH (25) + Me (24) Together 7 wonderful years, married for 4
Our beautiful family = Baby Boy5 Baby Boy4 Baby Boy3 Baby Girl1.5 (Born March 6, 2011 - was due March 29)
Desperately wanting another baby, but DH had V June 2011 - Trying to convince him to get VR Pray

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-11 1:54 am

He is absolutely darling!  Gorgeous pic!

Page: of 1