Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

I need some sort of distraction!

formerly babie2otw

Joined 17-Sep-09

Top Poster
5-Apr-11 10:28 pm

This is taking forever!! My gender scan is on the 15th, I know it's only about 9 days away but the wait is driving me crazy! I need a hobby or something! Happy ROFL You would think that chasing a 1 year old, working part time, taking care of a house, getting a 10 year old to and from school, working his school functions, and having family come up from out of state and visit would be distraction enough but it's not. It's still dragging by. I wish I could move up the date or something! Just venting I guess.

Baby Bear Boy 2000 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2011

Joined 10-Aug-09

Top Poster
6-Apr-11 4:59 pm

Mine is on the 15th too and I can honestly say time is DRAGGIN!  It's terrible!  I just want to see that little beeb all wiggly and squirmy on the screen :)  I can't even get on here most of the time and that makes it even worse I think!  

Baby Boy 00  Baby Boy 02  Baby Boy 04  Baby Boy 05  Baby Boy 08 Heartbroken1/10  Baby Girl 11 (No swaying)

E-mail me any time at igturtles@yahoo.com

Joined 5-Sep-09

Top Poster
7-Apr-11 1:19 pm

Hoping this week passes quickly for all of us! Mine's the 14th.

I know that I technically had my gender scan already lol, but the confirmation wait is still killer, especially since babe didn't cooperate very well! Always with the cord and the legs closed. Bah.

FX for great 100% gender shots and very very healthy babies!

* Married 2008 * Lost Angel 2008 *
* Baby Girl Jan 2010 * Baby Girl Aug 2011 *

Mom to profoundly deaf daughter with 2 cochlear implants
and profoundly proud of her :)

Joined 20-Jun-10

Top Poster
7-Apr-11 2:59 pm

Dumb monkeys...Sad Could've sworn I replied to this yesterday!

Hope the time goes by quickly for you guys!!!! I think the waiting to know is the hardest part and it's almost like a cruel form of torture! LOL Hopefully you guys will be able to do some things to keep your mind off the upcoming u/s. I did pretty good until the day of and then I was a total MESS! LOL 

Baby Bear Boy(5/07),Sad Flower(6/2009),Baby Bear Boy(5/2010)HeartsBaby Bear Girl(9/2011)

Joined 15-Sep-09

7-Apr-11 5:16 pm
Really hope the time flies for both you girls, when i had a week to go it honestly flew by, it was just the actually day that dragged on and im not gonna lie, it almost killed me :-p Just keep yourselves busy, i managed to get all the little jobs done around the house that ive been meaning to for ages which was a huge bonus lol Ashley xxx
Baby GirlHeartbroken My beautiful baby girl Zoe taken away from me at 17 weeks gestation. Always on my mind forever in my Heart

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

formerly babie2otw

Joined 17-Sep-09

Top Poster
7-Apr-11 9:06 pm

Thanks ladies! I don't know what I will do if baby doesn't cooperate! I think I will panic! I'm so ready to give this LO a name. Good luck to all of us still waiting. Hope you get your DG! Poku I know comfiration is killing you! They told me that my DS1 was a girl for a long time starting at 16 weeks and I found out in my 7th month that she was a he! We already had stuff bought but I'm so glad that he was a he after all. I think I'm slightly leaning toward wanting a girl this go round because I don't have one but finacially a boy would be good too since I still have all my boy stuff! So I don't think I will be disappointed either way really but I am just so anxious to know

Joined 5-Sep-09

Top Poster
7-Apr-11 9:22 pm

Lots of pink dust to you and Turtles!!

And I didn't know that! I think I'd be really upset by being told wrong and believing it for so long! Especially when you had already went shopping! That's why I have been afraid to buy anything yet, but it's not JUST about the iffy scan and my desire for blue, I did the same thing with dd even though I was hoping for pink, I don't think anything is concrete until you have seen it more than once lol. ((And even then it can change, but it's much much much less likely)) 

I know what you mean about how it would be easier to have another of the same gender, our little ones are about the same age, so I'm sure you're like me and still have a ton of baby things that you haven't gotten rid of yet. Mostly toys, the seasons for clothes will probably be off, unless this one is really fat lol. 

I wanted to ask what you're going to do about the crib thing? I'm not sure when LO's start sleeping in toddler beds. I got a bassinet that we'll be keeping in our room, figured babe can sleep in it for about 5 months, before starting to sit up. Wondering if it would be more practical to buy one of those little toddler beds for dd after that, even though her crib turns into one, because they are much cheaper than buying a new crib... but dd will only be barely 2, is that too young you think?

formerly babie2otw

Joined 17-Sep-09

Top Poster
9-Apr-11 1:10 pm

Poku:
I wanted to ask what you're going to do about the crib thing? I'm not sure when LO's start sleeping in toddler beds. I got a bassinet that we'll be keeping in our room, figured babe can sleep in it for about 5 months, before starting to sit up. Wondering if it would be more practical to buy one of those little toddler beds for dd after that, even though her crib turns into one, because they are much cheaper than buying a new crib... but dd will only be barely 2, is that too young you think?

We bought a toddler bed but I don't know if he will be quite ready for it. I think I will put the new baby in a bassinet like you guys because we still have ours and that'll last a little while plus I've got a pack n play too if I need to use that too. I'm not going to buy another crib because I know that he won't be in it much longer and the new LO can use it after he is finished.

formerly babie2otw

Joined 17-Sep-09

Top Poster
9-Apr-11 1:11 pm

We bought our toddler bed used too. Cherry sleigh bed with mattress for $30 check around the consignment shops and you may find one for little to nothing or if you know someone who has one that their LO is outgrowing they might sell you theirs

Joined 5-Sep-09

Top Poster
9-Apr-11 4:49 pm

We have a great second hand store here for just babies and children things, I'm sure they'll have one! I didn't even think about it though, thanks for mentioning! I'm very picky when it comes to used mattresses though, lots of them tend to be over worn and too soft, but it def can't hurt to look Happy  LOL It's so nice to not have to buy so many things this time, to know what things I'm least likely to use ever and which I'll use almost daily, I won't waste so much $$ this time around.

Wish my mom still had her store, she had a children's resale shop of her own for a good 5 years, but got tired of running it and working her full time job. I worked there for her most of the time it was open and would have had first pick if she still had it lol. It's amazing how many nice things went through those doors. If I would have known I'd be having a kid (and then another) just a year after she closed down, I would have taken a few things and put them in storage Stick out tongue, she ended up donating all of her left over merchandise.

Joined 20-Jun-10

Top Poster
11-Apr-11 4:11 pm

Poku what a bummer about your mom's shop! That so would have been nice to have around when you're having kids!

I'm weird about used mattresses too. That's why I'm getting a new one for this baby. DS2 will have his crib mattress and I'll get a new one for this LO to have. I already have the crib leftover from DS2 (he's in my mom/dad's crib at their house right now) and just need the mattress!

I didn't move DS1 into a toddler bed until he was about 2 1/2. But that was due to necessity! Not only was I six months pregnant, but he started climbing out of the crib and was just ready to be in a big boy bed. But we definitely did have some sleeping issues (thank god for a baby gate!) when he first got in it. But I was glad that he was adjusted and stuff in his new bed before I had DS2.

I actually really don't have much to buy for this LO. Most of our equipment is pretty gender neutral. I did that on purpose because I knew that we were going to have at least another child after DS1. I know DH didn't even know I was doing it that way! LOL But I figured the more neutral it was the more I could re-use it later. So I don't have much big stuff to buy (really the mattress is my only "big" item) and just little fillers like clothes and towels and such.

Baby Bear Boy(5/07),Sad Flower(6/2009),Baby Bear Boy(5/2010)HeartsBaby Bear Girl(9/2011)

Page: of 1