Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

help w/girls name!!!!

Joined 5-Mar-11

3-Apr-11 3:03 pm

Hey everyone! I just found out I'm having a little girl in september :)  My dh and i cannot agree on a name at all, he has pretty much nixed some of my favorites, two of the names we can agree on are Samantha and Olivia...i'm not sure which one I like better.  If I went with Samantha I would prob call her "sam" or "Sammi" for short, and if I went with Olivia I would prob nickname her "liv"

I think the middle name will be rose...

So what sounds better..

Samantha Rose

Olivia Rose

or..

neither...any other ideas of names?!?!?!

Joined 4-May-10

Top Poster
3-Apr-11 3:08 pm

I have always LOVED OliviaHeart

Me(29)HeartDH(28) & our little clan Baby Girl9/22/00 Baby Boy5/8/2007 Baby Boy1/20/2009 and Baby Girl9/20/2010

DH says we are done, but I will always dream of more!

Joined 5-Mar-11

3-Apr-11 3:10 pm

SchwallyDoodle:

I have always LOVED OliviaHeart

i love it too! i'm just worried it's so popular but I guess that shouldn't matter if I really like the name :)  My dh has a very long last name so I was thinking Samantha might be kinda long with his last name because his last name has 8 letters in it.  ughhh this naming thing is hard!

Joined 29-Dec-10

26-Apr-11 2:53 am

I like Samantha Rose! My son has 2 Olivia's in his JK class. It's very trendy right now.

Go Team Pink

Joined 19-Mar-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Apr-11 3:24 am

Hmmmm ... I am  no help because I like them both!  I probably prefer Olivia Rose slightly more ... but agree that I know quite a few Olivia's at the moment.  But I don't think that is a reason not to name DD a name that you love.  Congrats on your little girl.  Hearts

Baby Boy (2003) Baby Boy (2004) 

BFP on 15/1/2011 at 8DPO - Heartbroken 10/3/2011 at 11 weeks Sad

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tayls

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-May-11 5:37 pm

I considered Samantha for this one too before my DH nixed it, but I ADORE Sam on a little girl... My BFF has an Olivia nn Livvy and it's cute but very popular.. as far as Rose goes, are you set in stone for that as a middle name? I just ask because Rose and Grace seem to be "fall back" middle names, like my middle name of Lynn was back in the day.

But I definatly pick Samantha!!

"Bless this child O' Lord I pray, love her through all night and day"
1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 19-Nov-10

28-May-11 8:18 am

You must be aware that all names are very trendy right now. Olivia #4 on the national ranking and Samantha #15.

I would go for Samantha Rose and call her Sam Hearts

Godmother to a Baby Girl through www.worldvision.org

Page: of 1