Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

TBM/MSU/SU/SD April-June Buddy Group

Joined 1-Jul-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

31-Mar-11 3:45 am

Welcome! Let's work together to get those BFPs ladies :-)

Boy Stats, Girl Stats,  EGS FAQ

Please copy and paste this format and fill in your information so I can easily copy/paste- Thanks!

Username

TTC Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy - # Months Trying

Approximate Attempt Date or Future First Attempt Month

Good Luck Clover Good Luck Clover Good Luck Clover Good Luck Clover Good Luck Clover Good Luck Clover Good Luck CloverGood Luck CloverGood Luck CloverGood Luck CloverGood Luck Clover

News:

renfro_erin - BFP on 3/29! (Team Blue)

Aqua: BFP! Due Oct.  Nub Shot (Team Blue)

PeachyKeen: Confirmed Boy! Due Aug. EGS Attempt   Sway   (Team Blue)

Baby Bear Girl April Team TTC Pink:

Baby Bear Boy April Team TTC Blue:

eks_pat

OohLaLaura

Cemas

Baby Bear Girl Waiting To Try Team Pink:

Blue4me

littlemisswilko

Chicky

p5wbp

Baby Bear Boy Waiting To Try Team Blue:

yy91

Swwweet

AP18 - Aug

discodiva - Sept.

TeeSharee - Nov.

PuppyDogTailDreams - Dec.

Baby Bear Girl 2008  Baby Bear Girl 2010    Finally a surprise Baby Bear Boy Due 11/22

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Apr-11 5:56 pm

thanks for making this!

dddd ds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

erin

Joined 14-Apr-09

8-Apr-11 10:09 pm
AF hasn't shown yet, but 2 BFN lead me to believe I will be at it again in April. The moon however is not on my side! I will O around 4/25 and since last time the EW sank, I will be pushing the fruit juice with DH as it worked in the past. I also need to calibrate my pH meter. Any thouhts on that??? I know I can probably find out online, I just haven't tried yet. Blessings to all TTC in April Hearts

~Erin

Hearts Baby Girl DSD 2000    Baby Girl DD 2007    Baby Girl DD 2008    Baby Boy DS 2010 Hearts

BFP 1/3/2011 Heartbroken MC on 2/12/11

BFP 4/12/2011 EDD 12/17/2011: our biggest little Christmas gift! 

Joined 1-Jul-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

11-Apr-11 2:55 am

Hi Erin!  I have heard of the juice for DH = floating egg whites trick.  I really need to give that one a try.  In terms of calibrating the PH meter, do you have the calibration solutions?  I've always just dipped them in the solution and then tweeked the bar in the back with a screw driver till they read the correct number for the solution.  Sorry to hear about the moon phase, but hey at least it's not too hot outside yet.  I'm a firm believer that the AZ heat helped me get my girls.  

Good Luck Clover 

Nikki

Baby Bear Girl 2008  Baby Bear Girl 2010    Finally a surprise Baby Bear Boy Due 11/22

Joined 1-Jul-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

11-Apr-11 3:23 am

Well girls, I thought that I would tell you about my recent experiments.  For starters, my EW will not float without adding sugar water to the semen.  I had always been wary of using this trick because I've heard that the SW can kill off the sperm.  I always look at the semen under the microscope for the before shot if you would and have learned to "find" the spermies quickly.  If anyone needs microscope help, I'd be happy to pass on what I know so far.  I've been warming the EW inside of a syringe placed in a ziplock bag full of warm water.   I keep the test tube at a 45 degree angle by cutting apart the egg carton and taping the TT to it (I'll add a pic soon).  The little thermometer that comes with the incubator (from the FAQ) sucks!  I will most definitely be investing in a digital one soon.

So far, when the hour of incubation is up, I am not finding enough moving sperm to call the experiment a success.  The sperm that are moving are not moving fast enough for me to make heads or tails of there swimming pattern.  It's entirely possible that I need to remove more layers from the top.  However, last night I looked at the semen under the microscope just after mixing it with SW (before adding any EW or incubating) and low and behold...nothing but spermies stopped frozen in their tracks!  So, as of now, I am pouring juice down my soda addict of DH's throat to get away from the SW trick.  Oh well, he'll have to give up soda for the boy diet come Sept. anyway Happy Giggle

Let's hear about your mad science!

Nikki

Joined 17-Sep-08

Top Poster
11-Apr-11 11:12 pm

PuppyDogTailDreams:
because I've heard that the SW can kill off the sperm

I think that the SW is actually "speeding" up the sperm which is causing them to burn out too quickly.  I used SW for almost a year and the movement was next to nothing after the hour of incubation.  I would truly recommend not even trying the SW, I always felt that even if you see movement after the hour they burn out before reaching their destination. 

Thickening the sperm a natural way is so much better, what happens when DH drinks alot of fruit juice?  Do you notice a difference?

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy EGS Opposite June 23,2011

Joined 1-Jul-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

14-Apr-11 2:35 am

DH caught an awful bug, so no experiments till he feels better.  I can't wait to see if the juice trick works though.  I am really lucky to have a DH that is so on-board with EGS.  He's just not too excited about the diet and supplements.  I pack his lunch every day though.  Hmmm, I need 100 ways to dress up meat and potatoes.

Joined 1-Jun-09

Top Poster
15-Apr-11 10:45 am

Hi girls

Im thinking to do a swim up just to see the sperms. What test tube would be the best to use ? There is so many out there when I try to search online. Has to be plastic right? Because it's to long to fit in the icubator so I have to cut it I think....some has flat bottom some are kinda pointy is that matter?Im in the US.  

thank 

erin

Joined 14-Apr-09

16-Apr-11 11:07 pm

Hello ladies,

Just dropping by to report my BFP on 4/12!!! My attempt was horrible, but being stubborn I sorted until I found a small amount of boy swimmers. I didn't figure I would even get preg bc many sperm weren't even moving after the incubation period. BTW, DH had been eating a lot of fruit but not drinking juice and the EW sank, so eating fruit apparently isn't the key, or maybe it is for your DH, but def not for mine. I got 3 BFN the week before so I figured I wasn't and waited for AF. Well it didn't come Monday or Tuesday by noon so I tested and got 2 lines. We feel very blessed, as I had remarked that if I even got preg from that attempt it would be an act of God. Well I guess He was up to the challenge! Now we will see if its a boy or a girl!!

Blessing as you continue TTC Hearts

~Erin

Hearts Baby Girl DSD 2000    Baby Girl DD 2007    Baby Girl DD 2008    Baby Boy DS 2010 Hearts

BFP 1/3/2011 Heartbroken MC on 2/12/11

BFP 4/12/2011 EDD 12/17/2011: our biggest little Christmas gift! 

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

17-Apr-11 7:29 am

congrats ren!

WMB:

Hi girls

Im thinking to do a swim up just to see the sperms. What test tube would be the best to use ? There is so many out there when I try to search online. Has to be plastic right? Because it's to long to fit in the icubator so I have to cut it I think....some has flat bottom some are kinda pointy is that matter?Im in the US.  

thank 

this info is in EGS FAQ

dddd ds
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 1-Jun-09

Top Poster
18-Apr-11 2:54 pm

yes it is there right...only ONE type of test tube exactly , under equipment list and nothing else about test tubes ,pippets and syringe or any note .

I guess you use this one. But like I said there is so many out there and I don't think every one use the exact same type.

So Im interested what other type of tubes has been used ? 

thanks girls

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

18-Apr-11 5:44 pm

WMB:

So I'm interested what other type of tubes has been used ? 

oh I see.  Well lots of different ones have been used.  as long as it doesn't have latex in the test tube than anything will work

dddd ds
Other diets:

Joined 1-Jun-09

Top Poster
19-Apr-11 9:04 am

Ok! Thanks so much!Hearts

Joined 8-Feb-11

19-Apr-11 11:31 am

Username :  AP18

Baby Bear Boy -  Trying

Approximate Attempt Date  Aug/11 - Sept/11

Baby Girl 12/08 Pray for Baby Boy - EGS/MSU

Joined 1-Jul-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

22-Apr-11 10:27 am

Erin - Happy Celebrate Congrats on your BFP! Happy Celebrate  I'm so happy for youHappy Smile  I'm glad to hear that you found a section of straight swimmers.

To a Happy and Healthy 9 Months and Hearing Blue- CHEERS!

WMB - Welcome!  I hope that you do decide to join us.  Yes, I have heard of some people cutting the test tube that is listed in the FAQ.  I've just ordered mine today (I've been using one that came with my science kit just for experiments sake).  I'll let you know if I have to cut it.

AP19 - Welcome as well!  Are you planning on starting the diet and supplements in May?  What equipment do you have together so far?

Page: of 3