Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Walking ALREADY?!?!

Joined 8-Nov-08

Top Poster
25-Mar-11 5:37 pm
We're in shock. Wes took his first steps tonight. Not many, and he didn't get very far before faceplanting (we were on the sofa, so first steps weren't accompanied by baby's first concussion), but OMFG. Walking at 7,5 months old??

And just so this isn't solely text, here's a shot of him table diving.
Full-size image

Joined 19-Aug-09

26-Mar-11 12:59 pm

Wow!!  You go Wes!!  I know they say every baby is different, but wow, 7.5 months!  Maybe he's just extremely curious and eager to get going.  Did it happen just the once or is he doing it consistently?  My daughter was 9.5 months with her first steps, but it took her about 4-6 weeks to get the hang of it.

What a cute little guy!!  How exciting lol

Heartbroken 3/09    Baby Bear Girl 2/10    Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy 9/11

Joined 7-Jan-10

Top Poster
30-Mar-11 10:41 am
i can relate as my ds took his first steps at just shy of 8 months. and he was walking pretty good by 8.5-9 months. in fact, i keep trying to confine my dd as i don't think i can handle another early walker. good luck and get ready for some craziness....my ds has been on the go ever since!
mom to Baby Girl iris sofia, 7/06 Baby Boy coen samuel, 9/08, 1 angel in heaven 8/07, and Baby Girl evangeline skye,

Joined 4-May-10

Top Poster
30-Mar-11 10:53 am

What a guy! My earliest walker was 9 months old, the others were at 13 and 15 months. I can not imagine having a 7.5 months old strolling around.

And what a cute picture, he is so adorable!! Well done Mama. How is the new one doing by the way?

Me(29)HeartDH(28) & our little clan Baby Girl9/22/00 Baby Boy5/8/2007 Baby Boy1/20/2009 and Baby Girl9/20/2010

DH says we are done, but I will always dream of more!

Joined 17-Feb-10

Top Poster
31-Mar-11 2:24 am

wow! You definatly have your hands full! Love the pics! Keep posting! x

Joined 25-Feb-10

31-Mar-11 3:12 am

How crazy! And you're watching Futurama in the back there :)

Lily Elizabeth 8/27/10

Joined 8-Nov-08

Top Poster
31-Mar-11 6:38 pm
zurie:

How crazy! And you're watching Futurama in the back there :)

Yeah, we're Futurama junkies here, to the point of being able to quote entire episodes. Sounds uber-nerd, true, but we really don't watch anything else as most modern TV is utter garbage. BBC and CNN still get their fair share of air time though.

Joined 8-Nov-08

Top Poster
31-Mar-11 6:43 pm
SchwallyDoodle:

What a guy! My earliest walker was 9 months old, the others were at 13 and 15 months. I can not imagine having a 7.5 months old strolling around.

And what a cute picture, he is so adorable!! Well done Mama. How is the new one doing by the way?

Thankfully he's taking his sweet time mastering walking (though if you hold him up, he'll RUN!) so I'm not too overwhelmed yet. Give it another few weeks and ask again. I'll be pulling my hair out. :P

As for #2 well... not the best news there. We had a CV done and found a chromosomal abnormality that didn't exactly lend itself to a nice life, so we chose to terminate. Sad, but really, the best for everyone. We've decided to give it another go when Wes is a few years older.

Joined 15-Aug-08

Top Poster
31-Mar-11 7:47 pm

aww he is so cute! I love your pictures of him Love Ya! 7 months is so early too wow!

Sorry to hear your news lots of healing your way.

Page: of 1