Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Can't even sleep

Joined 14-Mar-11

18-Mar-11 7:05 am
Next thursday I am going for a 3d gender scan and I will be 16 weeks. It's pretty much confirming what I already know-another boy. I feel so guilty for having all these negative emotions when it took so long just to get pregnant with a miscarriage in between. Because of all the issues we had to follow shettles and bd the day before and the day of ovulation. At 10 weeks we used Intelligender and it clearly said boy. I feel exactly the same way I felt when I was pregnant with my ds. And now the nub shots...if it is a nub than it is clearly pointing upward and pretty much everyone who guessed on the other forum also guessed boy. I woke up at 2 this morning thinking about the nub for 2 1/2 hours. My family is surrounded by boys...and my sister has twin boys to later have the first girl (while I was pregnant with my son of course so she totally stole the thunder of my first child). When she and her husband saw the 12 week scan that I brought to a family party last week they immediately laughed and said "that is totally a another boy". My heart dropped. The worst part about this guilt is that I look at my son and could not love him anymore! And I should be lucky enough to have another amazing little man like him...I know this but can't stop the feelings. I had to book this appointment next week so that I could find out earlier than my scheduled 18 week u/s just to get it over with...I feel sooo guilty.

Baby Boy 2006  Heartbroken  2010  

Baby Boy Sep 2011

Joined 25-Oct-10

18-Mar-11 10:17 am

I totally understand the guilt.  I have 2 boys and they are the light of my life so I don't know why 3 would be such a bad thing.  But even though we love our boys, it doesn't change the desire for a daughter.  For what it's worth, I know lots of people who have had opposite pregnancies but had the same gender, and lots that had similar pregnancies and had opposite genders.  I don't think that neccesarily means much.  The same goes for nub shots...I've seen and heard a lot of incorrect guesses.  I mean, if they can incorrectly guess gender wrong at an ultrasound, then the nub shots have an even greater chance of being wrong.

I'm sorry for your struggles and your loss.  I know it's difficult.  Hopefully you will see girl next week at your scan and you can prove your sister wrong!  If it does turn out to be a boy, I'm sure you'll think he's as amazing as your first son.  I will say watching my boys be brothers is pretty awesome.  Good luck next week!

Baby Boy05  Heartbroken08  Heartbroken08  Baby Boy10  Baby Boy11

Moving on with my 3 little loves HeartHeartHeart

But who knows what the future will bring....Happy Wink

Joined 9-Feb-08

18-Mar-11 10:58 am

We have so much in common I just had to post. Only opposite genders. I also have a scan next thurs and will be exactly 16 weeks. I am too anxious to wait until 17w5d when my dr is suppose to take a look for me plus I didn't wanna cry like a crazy woman when she told me girl..lol..I seriously lost it on the ultrasound table with dd2. So I wont feel as bad if I am having an elective scan and paying them to tell me.. I had a very girly nub with all girl guesses..I feel disappointed already as this is my last and I always wanted a lil momma's boy. My family is totally all girls and there hasnt been a boy born on either side in over 30 yrs. I am grateful that this is a healthy baby (I had a m/c b4 this too) but I want my boy sooo bad it literally aches. I did a light sway and am already feeling like I totally wasted my time and effort. I am trying to accept the fact that this is another girl but I still have this lil part of me that says its not for sure yet. Well only 6 more days of ignorance.lol. Here's to us both having wrong nub shots and getting our hearts desires. FX for you!  

Baby Bear Girl  Heartbroken  Baby Bear Girl  Heartbroken  Due 9/8/11 Baby Bear Boy (Thanks IG! Can't believe my sway worked!)

Joined 23-Jul-10

Top Poster
18-Mar-11 11:44 am

I just looked at your nub and I am not convinced at ALL that is a boy nub.  I am attaching my 12 week nub pic that is very similar to yours and she is all GIRL!  Please don't give up hope yet!  

Baby Boy 2001 Baby Boy 2006 Baby Boy 2008

Baby Girl May 10, 2011 - My family is complete! Link to my sway: http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/205984.aspx

Joined 14-Mar-11

18-Mar-11 11:52 am

Thank you all so much for your kind responses.  I feel like I have absolutely no one to talk to about these guilty emotions...not even my husband since he has already made it clear that we should be happy no matter what we get as long as he/she is healthy!  I obviously know this but it still bothers me! I am so afraid that I am going to break down at next week's scan as soon as I hear the words "boy" right in front of my dh and ds.  The torture (and sleepless nights) that I am going to endure in the next week is going to be awful but I am hoping that this prepares me for the inevitable and my reaction isn't going to be as bad as I'm predicting.

And thank you wishingforafairy for posting your DD nub.  It makes me feel a little better about my situation, but as much as I want to cling to a little bit of hope, I am still just so certain that it is a boy with all the other factors involved.

Baby Boy Sep 2011

Joined 23-Jul-10

Top Poster
18-Mar-11 11:58 am

Oh hun, I too convinced myself it was a boy to lessen the effect when I was SURE I would hear boy (again....I have 3 already!).  I will follow your posts and pray you get pleasantly surprised.  Your emotions are not "wrong" - you can't help it.  After my 3rd son's ultrasound, I was so upset I had to pull over and DH had to drive (I never let him drive LOL)  Take care and I have been where you are.  (HUGS)

Baby Boy 2001 Baby Boy 2006 Baby Boy 2008

Baby Girl May 10, 2011 - My family is complete! Link to my sway: http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/205984.aspx

Joined 14-Mar-11

18-Mar-11 12:13 pm

I can only imagine how that car drive home is going to be...I will keep you all posted.  And summerbabies, I can't believe how much we have in common (other than the gender of course!).  Let's just keep our fingers crossed that next Thursday both of our dreams come true!!!

Baby Boy Sep 2011

Joined 14-Mar-11

24-Mar-11 6:16 pm
Confirmed-a boy. I will love this boy no matter what but it doesn't stop the hurt that I am feeling of never being able to have that connection that mother's have with their daughters.

Baby Boy Sep 2011

Page: of 1