Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

It's crazy but I'm feeling movement

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
11-Mar-11 10:15 pm

I know that with each subsequent pregnancy, you seem to show faster and feel the kicks sooner but I think I must be going nuts!  I found the heart beat on my home doppler at just 8+4 and here I am at 10+2 and I am feeling this baby fluttering.  It's that involuntary muscle twitch feeling from low in my pelvis.  I didn't feel DS until 14 weeks and I can't remember if I felt the last baby at all.

Anyway, 1/4 of the way done and things seem to be cooking right along.  I get the NT scan a week from Thursday and the blood test results should be ready by then too.  I am praying for an itty bitty neck fold measurement and a nice clear nub shot to analyze.

Still feeling good -tired but no nausea.  Weird cravings like I am under some hypnotic spell - MUST HAVE ENCHILLADAS.  

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
12-Mar-11 1:41 am

LOL! Well that would be VERY early to feel baby kick Happy GiggleHappy Wink but I have read about ladies on IG that swore they felt movement from 11-12 weeks. Others say it's impossible, that the baby is too small. I always had to wait much longer, 16+ weeks. Good thing we've got the dopplers!

3Baby Boy  3Heartbroken  1Baby Girl

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
12-Mar-11 9:20 am

I wouldn't describe it as kicks per se - just little tiny flutters when I am laying on the couch. I guess it may be my imagination but this whole TTC journey has put me pretty in-tuned with my body.  I think I can feel her in there - I mean she's over an inch long now.

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 3:46 am

I think I know what you mean about the flutters and if you think it's the baby then it probably is Happy Wink It always starts with flutters but I've always felt very unsure about whether it's baby or little airbubbles Happy Giggle I get very bloated when pregnant.

Joined 8-Nov-10

13-Mar-11 5:21 pm

That is such an amazing feeling huh? Can't wait for you to post your U/S pic up, you are going to post it right? So we can all analyze it too Geeked

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 5:33 pm

You mean the 9 week or the 12 week?  Hell yeah I'm posting it!  I'm going to be a sitting here with a magnifying glass for 3 weeks until the gender scan.

I think the feeling I am getting is when she flips over.  You know what I mean?  

Joined 25-Jun-10

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 5:37 pm

How exciting!!!! I think I felt baby #4 at 13 weeks....everyone said it was in my head. LOL  I'm dying to know what you're having! Did you find out which side your placenta was on?

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Girl Baby Boy Baby Girl TTC 1or 2 more!

Joined 11-Jan-11

13-Mar-11 5:40 pm
Wow....Al! That's so awesome that you can feel your little girl already! You and I are fairly close in due dates so, I'm hoping to feel my little boy bean too. At least I think it's a boy. It's such a wonderful feeling ;)
Baby Girl Baby Girl and Baby Boy finally here!

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 5:53 pm

The bean and the placenta are very clearly on the left - the exact opposite as my first 2 pregnancies.  So, I have pretty much convinced myself that it's a girl and will probably be 100 times more disappointed if it's not.  I mean, DH and I haven't even considered boy names.  

Joined 25-Jun-10

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 6:15 pm

Nice! Happy  LOL  That has to be determined at a 6 week ultrasound, correct?

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 6:17 pm

Anything less than 8 weeks works pretty well but the smaller the bean, the better.

Joined 25-Jun-10

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 6:20 pm

Ok, I'll keep that in mind if I ever get to have another one. Thanks!

At what week are you going in for a gender scan?  You've GOT to have a girl in there!

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
13-Mar-11 7:46 pm

We will have the NT scan at 12+1 and I will specifically ask for a nub shot (but I'm sure they will be snide about it) and then we will have an elective 3D scan at 15 weeks - around April 13th.  AHHHHH!!!!

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
14-Mar-11 6:56 am

alsestis:

We will have the NT scan at 12+1 and I will specifically ask for a nub shot (but I'm sure they will be snide about it) and then we will have an elective 3D scan at 15 weeks - around April 13th.  AHHHHH!!!!

OMG! How exciting! Stick out tongue

Joined 26-Dec-07

Top Poster
14-Mar-11 6:57 pm

That is awesome! I think I have been feeling movement, too, but I can't be sure. Feels like it, though!

Page: of 2