Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Spotting...updated!

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 3:26 am

Hi girls,

Well the happiness didn't last long Sad I woke up with brown/red spotting, saw it when I wiped. What freaks me out is that it seemed quite fresh, not the light brown/pink type... I know there's still hope but with my history it's hard to stay positive. Can't believe all was well yesterday and then less than 24hrs later I start bleeding. 

I have left a msg at the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and am waiting for them to get back to me. I know what she will say though, to wait and see and come in for another scan in a few days.

To make matters worse DH just left this morning for a 1 week business trip to the US. The timing couldn't have been worse. I am alone with 3 kids and no one IRL knows I am pregnant.

Yesterday I was so happy...

UPDATE : Had my scan this morning and I am thrilled to be able to tell you that our little 'gummy bear' is doing great! The tech couldn't find a reason for the spotting and everything looked absolutely normal. Baby measured 8w6days and had a beautiful heartbeat. I am so very happy and relieved. In fact, as soon as she said the baby was fine I started crying! I am starting to feel like we might actually end up with a baby this time. Happy Smile Thank you so much girls for your support, I don't know how I would have got through the last week without you.

3Baby Boy  3Heartbroken  1Baby Girl

Joined 25-Jan-10

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 3:41 am

oh no... I know you have to be realistic and things could get worse but also they could be ok. I had spotting (freshish) for 2 days before I got my bfp then it went away so thats when I did my test. Then after 2 days of elation I started spotting again. I must have been fresh enough since it was three days after my positive result. That happened for 2 days then it went away and now a week later all seems fine. I have also had spotting at around 7 weeks with all my other pregnancys.

Goodluck and I hope all is well and you go on to having a happy and healthy full term pregnancy. xox

Baby Boy7 Baby Boy5 Baby Boy3... and Baby Girl due Oct 31st 2011

All pink guesses on nub @ 12weeks... Confirmed pink 16+6... 19+5...  29+2...and 30+4... Hearts

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 3:44 am

Thank you Melbelle, I hope you are right Hearts I'll try to stay positive but it's real hard.

Joined 25-Jan-10

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 3:51 am

staying positive is not only hard but pretty much impossible... I was in tears and my mum called and I ended up telling her everything... She knew we were trying but also knew we wouldn't tell anyone until 12 weeks so I caved and needed my mum.

Any chance there is someone close you can talk to? I know it would help. It sucks your dh has gone away for the week.

xox

Baby Boy7 Baby Boy5 Baby Boy3... and Baby Girl due Oct 31st 2011

All pink guesses on nub @ 12weeks... Confirmed pink 16+6... 19+5...  29+2...and 30+4... Hearts

Joined 27-Feb-09

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 10:21 am

I really hope this is a happy ending for you Vendela, Is there any update? Did the early pregnancy unit get back to you? Thinking of you. Hearts

Baby Boy Sept 09 | Baby Girl Oct 11

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 11:27 am

Oh dear.  That's the worse feeling in the world - happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  I called the nurse and she asked if I had any cramping and I really didn't have anything so they said to keep my previously scheduled appointment. All was well with bean but I'm still not assured.  Of course, in the meantime, I read everything I could find online and found that over 20% of women bleed in pregnancy and it could be caused by a bunch of benign issues.  Please keep up posted!  I will be sending all my positive thoughts your way!!!

NY

Joined 18-Jan-10

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 12:06 pm

Pray

DS 2006 DS 2007 DD 2011 thanks IG! Link to my sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/223455.aspx

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 1:19 pm

Thank you ladies!

EPU agreed to re-scan me Monday. No more spotting but mild and regular cramping most of the day....thinking might be a hematoma/implant bleed, have had that before...once with happy outcome and once ended in m/c... read online that blood irritates the uterus which responds with cramping...guess the coming days will tell. I go from feeling a little hopeful to completely sure it's over when I feel the cramping Sad I will keep you posted, thanks for your support, it means a lot Hearts 

Joined 8-Nov-10

1-Mar-11 1:33 pm

Hi Vendela, I'm so sorry to read that you are spotting. I just went through this myself. I had bright red blood (like a light period, not heavy flow nor clots) for one evening. The next day, brown spotting till now. I went to the ER and was told that it is  a threatened miscarriage but that it does not mean that I will end up having a loss. It's true, 15-20% percent of women have some sort of bleeding/spotting during the first 20 weeks (that is what the paper says that they gave me). I was told to not do heavy work/lifting, to take it easy, rest as much as possible, drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and  take 800 mcg of folic acid. I know you mentioned that your DH is in the states, but do your best to rest (I know, it is easier said than done) but do your best. Let's see what they tell you (the clinic) and hopefully they have you come in to have an U/S just to make sure things are ok. Keep us posted. I wish you the best!  

Joined 29-Mar-09

Top Poster
1-Mar-11 10:23 pm

Pray for Monday!

THANKS, IG!

Joined 3-Sep-08

Top Poster
3-Mar-11 3:12 pm

I hope things continue to go well. I've had spotting the entire pregnancy this time, and I'm progesterone. So far, everything looked okay, so chin up!

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
3-Mar-11 3:37 pm

Hi girls,

Thought I'd update.

No more red spotting since Tuesday morning. I had light cramping most of the day Tuesday and a little on Wednesday, basically nothing today. Seems like for the moment things have settles.

I had to change the scan date to Tuesday morning b/c I couldn't make it work with DH being away and dealing with the 3 kids on my own. This way DH can take me and will be there if it's bad news. But, one more day to wait which feels like 10 years at the moment.

I know it's positive that the bleeding has settled but today I am not feeling very reassured. I am so scared my baby died and that this is just a waiting game, I've had missed m/c before. Given my history it's just impossible to relax until I've had that scan and seen that the bean is alright. There is just nothing worse than seeing red blood in pregnancy and it's hard to imagine there could be a happy outcome.

I've talked to the early pregnancy unit + a friend who is an OB/GYN and they are very careful with what they tell me. Basic message is that it doesn't have to mean I'll miscarry and that it could be OK, but, nobody can offer me the reassurance I need right now. I want to hear it's going to be OK...

Is there anything worse than being in limbo? I don't know if I should feel happy to be pregnant or prepare myself for the worst.

Thank you for your continous support Hearts

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
3-Mar-11 4:08 pm

There is absolutely no worse thing than the waiting.  Knowing one way or the other is one thing - you can deal.  You can start to make plans.  You can move on.  Sitting in limbo is horrible.

With our 2nd pregnancy, we went in at 6 weeks and saw an empty sac.  Had to wait 8 long days to go back.  There is that 30 seconds when the wand is in, while they are looking for the sac, that is just unbareable.  DH watches my face only - to see my reaction.

Well, it was good news that time.  We saw a bean with a heart beat.  We saw it once more alive at 9 weeks.

I just don't think you will ever feel 100% assured until the little one is in your arms.  With your experience, there is no way to help it.  The way I look at it - I have had 2 pregnancies in the past.  One ended in my sweet baby boy and the other ended in heart break.  For me, no matter how far long I will be, this bean has just a 50/50 chance.

I highly recommend purchasing a doppler.  I bought mine on ebay for around $100US.  You can probably sell it when you are done making babies.  When I am feeling particularly anxious, I find the heart beat and can go on another couple of days.  Best $100 ever spent!  I found this little one at just 8+3!  It was easy to find the first time but a bit harder a couple of days ago.  

With baby #2, my first sign that something was up was when I couldn't find the heart beat at 13 weeks....

Joined 7-Mar-10

Top Poster
3-Mar-11 9:59 pm

Pray

Joined 4-Aug-08

Top Poster
4-Mar-11 1:12 am

Hi Al,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Sad Flower I know what you mean about 50/50. I've had 3 healthy kids followed by 3 m/c so yeah...

I have rented a doppler, a Hi bebe and I have tried to find the heartbeat despite being only 8 weeks along....I've never managed before 9 weeks so it's probably very optimistic. Problem is, when I can't, I think it's not b/c it's too early, it's b/c there IS no H/B Sad It would just be great if I could pick it up before my scan Tuesday, I'm going to be so nervous then. Only 4 more days....

Page: of 3