Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Ramziz therory driving me nuts!!

Joined 23-Jul-10

Gold

Gold Membership

16-Feb-11 8:39 am

I just got my bfp on v-day. I wish I had never read that article on ramzis theory. I know lots of ladies say it didnt work for them, but with timing factors, mirror image details, etc, is it possible they just didnt have an accurate reading? I have had tons of pressure /pains/twinges etc on low left side ever scince ovulation, they have continued and the little sharp pains felt for sure like implantation pains, in fact at 12 dpo i still have that uncomfortable pressure in that one spot. If his theory holds true (and out of almost 6,000 preganacies he did it had that 97% sucess rate), I am worrying myself sencelessTongue Tied. Have any of you had this be wrong with complete certainty? Of course my first ultrasound is set for 10 weeks, so according to the article I think they were all done early like 6 weeks, they said the placenta will move around throughout pregnancy some, so this was most accurate time. Anyone else wonder about this??

Delight yourself in the lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart,-Psalm 37:4

Baby Girl-2003   Baby Girl-2008   Trusting the Lord for a Baby Boy...........and he gave us a Baby Boydue Oct 25th!!!!

Joined 11-Sep-09

Top Poster
16-Feb-11 9:11 am
what about women with only one oviduct/ovum.... dont they ve both genders, obviously they ve...................... as for i read it is true for some ladies but not for others, again 50/50 and OWT .... dont b panic hun.........if u really wanna know too early as in 6 weeks u can go for Urobiologics.. they ve high success rate as 98.2.

Baby Girl  2007  Baby Girl  2009     Pray for Baby Boy 

Joined 23-Jul-10

Gold

Gold Membership

16-Feb-11 9:17 am

Thanks Light, urobiologics huh? Havent heard of that one, if it's one of those urine sample tests, Ive read up on them some, and agian results look to be 50/50. Ive just got to enjoy this pregnancy, trust Gods decsion and put the gender out of my mind, I am seriously thinking I should wait till baby is hear to find out.LOL...I propably wont though!

Delight yourself in the lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart,-Psalm 37:4

Baby Girl-2003   Baby Girl-2008   Trusting the Lord for a Baby Boy...........and he gave us a Baby Boydue Oct 25th!!!!

Joined 17-Jun-10

Top Poster
16-Feb-11 9:34 am

I really woudln't worry about that. Here is what I've found:

"Some of you may be familiar with this theory and I have found it quite fascinating myself as a means of early gender prediction.  It's accuracy relies heavily on being given the right information by your technician at your early scans, though sometimes the image may be representative of this.

In a nutshell it is based on the placenta side (bulk of the placenta) which is shown on your scan images as a bright white mass.  The scan image also has to be transverse and not sagital.

It can be done as early as 6-7 wks but for accuracy look at your 12wk scans
for the placenta (even if you know gender) and post pics here or even quote what has been written about your placenta on the notes which normally accompany your scan images.

For instance on my notes for DS2 it says my placenta is developing posteriorly...but no side?  I have seen some ladies with anterior placentas meaning girl and posterior meaning boys but not enough evidence to see if this is fact is relaible... (this bit has nothing to do with Ramzi theory - just something I have seen)"

I've copied/pasted it from a-gender.

I'm praying with you for healthy  Baby Boy

Heartbroken m/c 2001

Baby Girl  2003

Baby Girl  2007

Pray TTC Baby Boy

Loading Ticker...     

Joined 29-Dec-10

16-Feb-11 9:40 am
Not really sure about this theory. I've had a posterior placenta with both my pregnancies, first a boy, then a girl. I know that I ovulated from my right to conceive my son and left to conceive my daughter.

Joined 23-Jul-10

Gold

Gold Membership

16-Feb-11 5:59 pm

Thanks for the info zivic. Your right it must take accurate reading of this to find out for sure. I will definatley be asking at my 10 week which side it's on. From the feel of it, im pretty sure I ovulated from the left, I typically do more so than the right. And all this pain/ slight cramp stretching feeling is still concentrated in this one spot in my low left pelvis area. Its pretty much there day and night, so to me it sounds like I implanted there and propably where the placenta will form...geesh!

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
18-Feb-11 3:33 pm

Wrote the best response this morning but my post got eaten by blasted monkeys!  See the link in my signature for my post on this.  Ramzi himself responded right here on IG in 2008 to make several clarifications.  The link to the post is in my signature post.

Ramzi's method is scientifically proven with over 97% accurance under the following conditions:

1) Placenta formation takes place before the 9th week of pregnancy.  After 9 weeks, your placenta starts fully functioning, growing and moving.  This study is based on chorionic villi and future placenta location. After 9 weeks, the placenta location is no longer an indication of gender.

2) In an early 2D, black and white scan, at 6 or 7 weeks, the fetal pole is quite small and it is easy to tell where it is connected by the umbilical cord and therefore, easy to guess where the placenta is growing.  After 8 weeks, the fetus starts getting larger and filling the space of the sac and it becomes harder to tell where the connection is without color doppler (which can indicate blood flow).

3) The sonographer has the ability to switch views on the screen to get the best angle of whatever is being studied or measured.  For some medical scans, for instance, the convention is to always have the fetal head on the left - so the tech can switch the view.  Conventions vary by test indication and country.  It is important to clarify which side is which on your image.  In most cases, for the purposed of an early pregancy dating scan, neither angle is necessary so it is a pretty good assumption that a 6-7 week dating scan is correctly orientated.  The printout image is the same as what you see on the screen - and it's like a photo with the left side of the image reflecting the right side of the object and vice versa.

4) Sonographers can also choose between a transverse view and a sagittal view.  Transverse is left to right and sagittal is top to bottom.  It is usally clear in an early scan which is which and I can usally guess correctly even in sagittal view on an early scan.

The original study was performed using scans of over 5,600 pregnancies using color doppler technology.  It's purpose was to provide soft markers for certain birth defects.  Ramzi found that there is a genetic difference in the way female and male cell clusters separate into embryo and placenta.  This theory has nothing to do with:

1) Which ovary you ovulated from

2) Which side of your body you feel kicking

3) Where the embryo is located in the gestational sac

I have attached an image from my 7 week scan which has been labeled for you.  If you would like me to predict the gender of your baby, I need an early scan from 6-8 weeks.  Thanks!
Full-size image

Joined 2-Mar-11

5-Mar-11 3:22 pm

I hate this theory too. I cannot help but think it points to girl for me, and I sure hope I can prove it wrong if it does. I hope some of the people that have had early scans come back and report if this theory worked for them or not. 

Joined 23-Jul-10

Gold

Gold Membership

6-Mar-11 4:10 pm

I hope your right too candy. I am having a early scan this tuesday, I will be 7 weeks exactly. I am definatley planning on spotting where the placenta is, and making sure I know which side is which. I know this though, regardless of what it shows, I will keep trusting God untill the very end ( till I see it with my own eyes), I mean, if he can part the Red sea,  heal the sick, and raise the dead, why couldnt he do this for me! I will post what it shows tuesday.Good luck to you!

Joined 2-Mar-11

6-Mar-11 4:59 pm

Thank you trusting, I swayed for a boy and Al predicted girl for me on both my early scans I had. It has been bumming me out and while I want a healthy baby no matter what I really did want a baby boy. But, like you said God knows what is best for me and what will be will be. It's kinda funny though, when I told my dh we had a 97% chance of this one being a girl according to this "theory" he laughed and said well, we still have a 3% chance it will be a boy then. Love that man! 

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

20-Mar-11 3:55 pm

I had right side ovulation and far right placental location, hasn't moved at all since my first scans...according to theory it's supposed to be a boy...they were wrong, it's a girl, the moon phase was wrong, cravings, the way I'm carrying, HB, you name it. I hope it hold true for you if that's what you want, if not then I hope yo uget the opposite! LOL either way good luck!

"I may be small but I matter. Teach me. Love me. Believe in me. Because with your guidance, one day, when I'm all grown up, I will be someone amazing"

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

You can call me Al

Joined 24-Feb-10

Top Poster
20-Mar-11 3:57 pm

BabyBleux - I would love to see your early scan, thanks! AL

Melanie

Joined 8-Jan-07

Top Poster
23-Mar-11 6:16 pm
when I had my 8 week scan, the tech told me the implantation was anterior right. that would mean boy, according to the theory. I don't know how accurate that assessment was. i'm having a girl according to my 19 week scan.

Joined 10-May-10

30-Jun-11 10:18 am

alsestis:

BabyBleux - I would love to see your early scan, thanks! AL

Al, can i send you my 7wk scan for prediction please?

Joined 4-Feb-10

Top Poster
1-Jul-11 8:41 pm

Babydes56 - if you post your pic in the gender prediction for fun section you might get some guesses Happy

Alsestis is by far the best at this but there are a few of us who are learning and we might be able to guess for you!

Baby Bear Girl DD1Baby Bear Girl DD2 Baby Bear Boy DS1 Happy Giggle
Page: of 2