Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Positive sides of having a girl?

Joined 17-Nov-10

13-Feb-11 2:08 pm

I'm just trying to convince myself having a daughter is not all that bad. Somehow all little girls remind me of is stuck up, pink wearing wanna be princesses and I cannot stand the thought of it. I think I watched too many stupid shows on tv that portrayed little girls like that.

Soo any help from those who have girls or wanna have them?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 5-Jan-11

13-Feb-11 3:07 pm

Girls rock! Not that boys don't, I just don't have much experience with them (yet). When I was pregnant with my daughter the thought of a little girl scared me. I was ready for a baby, but I wasn't ready for a GIRL. So I didn't think of her as a girl, I thought of her as a baby -- a little soft innocent bundle (also a technique I'm using now as I'm scared of facing twin boys). Now she's nearly 4 and, yes, she's going through a princess phase and plays with dolls and she's very girly, but she also loves to play kickball and help us cook in the kitchen and go fishing with her daddy and wear cowboy boots. She also runs right alongside the boys at the playground, so I think she's a great balance of "girl" and just herself. And she's SO funny. Truthfully, I'm dreading the teenage years but I don't let myself think about it. And I've always had a fantastic relationship with my mom (not seamless, but pretty great) so that gives me hope too. Hope this helps. Are you pregnant with a girl?

Baby Girl 2007

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy twins due 7/11

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

13-Feb-11 3:12 pm

i agree with writer. we have a good balance with so many girls. some a tomboys and some are way too girly. i will say this, its easier to find cute girl clothes/ toys for girls then for boys. you can't really put a boy in a dress or leggins and babydoll shirt. but my heart melts when i see thank heavens for little boys... maybe cause i haven't had one. im dreading teenage years as well. i think we all did it. "i hate you mom!, you ruined my life", door slamming, boys in a out, sneaking out after curfew, yea i did it all so i know it will come back to haunt me.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken

Joined 2-Nov-10

13-Feb-11 3:27 pm
My DD is truly my soulmate, love of my life, my angel. You won't find two people closer to each other .... anywhere. She is my best friend. She is humble, compassionate, caring, giving, loving, kind, the most gentle soul on the planet. There isn't a mean, stuck up bone in her body. There aren't even sufficient words to describe her. She is simply all that is good in the world, and beyond compare. She is more than a dream come true because even my dreams aren't as wonderful as she is. I am beyond blessed, beyond lucky, beyond blissful to have her in my life.
Mom to the most wonderful daughter!!! Baby Bear Girl, 8/10/04 Baby Bear Boy born scheduled via C-Section on 4/6/11, 7 lbs 10 oz, learning to embrace blue, and hoping to have as strong a bond with my son as I have with my daughter!

Joined 17-Nov-10

13-Feb-11 3:30 pm

WriterGal:

Are you pregnant with a girl?

No, I'm not pregnant yet but we are definietly gonna try to sway for a boy. I'm getting kinda nervous because what from what I read here the sway is not very legitimate... seems like everything is up to chance. My bio mom had 3 boys and me and generally seems like boys are more prominent in my and my fiancee family so I'm hoping at least genetics will help. Im so scared of having a girl that Im trying to think of any positive sides of having one. I don't know what I would do if I had one. I'm really scared. I've tried for the EGD forum, but didn't get any reply so I'm stuck here trying to keep some stuff to myself. I'm also thinking of myabe going high tech but I would probably not be able to afford it... eh.

I find little girls so extremly adorable but the thought of them growing up scares me so much. Idk, maybe I should try some sort of therapy. 

Anyway, thanks for the replies so far =) 

WaitedSixYears - I melted when I read your post :)
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 5-Jan-11

13-Feb-11 4:17 pm

WaitedSixYears:
My DD is truly my soulmate, love of my life, my angel. You won't find two people closer to each other .... anywhere. She is my best friend. She is humble, compassionate, caring, giving, loving, kind, the most gentle soul on the planet. There isn't a mean, stuck up bone in her body. There aren't even sufficient words to describe her. She is simply all that is good in the world, and beyond compare. She is more than a dream come true because even my dreams aren't as wonderful as she is. I am beyond blessed, beyond lucky, beyond blissful to have her in my life.

Agree  Ditto. The moment she was born my life reset itself to first: first breath, first touch, first kiss, first love. Thinking of her growing up is scary, but whatever walls we build we're building them together and we'll knock them down together. Because I'm her Mama and she's my girl and that will never change.

Baby Girl 2007

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy twins due 7/11

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
13-Feb-11 4:42 pm

I have yet to find out, I know nothing about having my own daughter...but I cat wait!! 

For a start I LOVE my girlfriends, I'm a girlHappy, lots of very very cool beautiful people are woman, Girls rock, I really cant wait to hopefully add to the population of wonderful woman I admire.

I know I wasn't all pink and dolls, just as my son isn't all blue and cars!

Cant wait wait WAIT to have my little girl,

best of luck with feeling better,

I'm sure if you have a lovely daughter one day she will steal your heart  

xxx

Joined 27-Sep-10

Top Poster
13-Feb-11 4:45 pm

oh wahts great about little girls... hmm .... where do i start!!!

My little girl is only 17 months old, but we have a bond that i have never experienced before. She is the sweetest little thing in the world!!! She makes me laugh every day of my life.

Im sure this is the same for either gender - girl or boy.

She will lay next to me at night time and she just stares at me in the eyes and leans over and gives me the biggest kisses, its the nicest thing in the world.

There are positives to having boys and girls. I think that when they are little there really isnt that much difference, its when they get older that the relationship with your children change.

Flower Baby Girl 09 Baby Girl 11 and finally.... a baby Baby Boy due 10th May 2013 Flower

Hugs Violet Owing all my blessings to the man upstairs Hugs Violet

Joined 9-Feb-08

13-Feb-11 10:36 pm

Girls are so awesome! I have already raised one and my second is almost 3. I had DD1 when I was young so we had such a tight bond as she grew up. She was always the sweetest kid in her class. Her teachers always raved about her. She was always so caring and still is. She would deprive herself of something to make sure that her mommy was ok. We had so much fun together and still do.

We did have a few issues with her as a teenager but nothing too major. She only talked back to me a few times and was mostly well behaved. I think all kids give you some problems at that time and not just the girls. I will say that she was 100% better than I was as a teen..lol.. I think it is more determined by personality than gender.

We are still best of friends. Her dad doesn’t know her ½ as well as I do. She tells me things that she would never tell him. She confides in me with her “secrets” and girl talk type of stuff. I am so grateful for her. She comes and babysits her lil sis about once a week.

DD2 is totally opposite. She is wild, outgoing, loud, and rowdy. She runs circles around all the kids at the playground including the boys. She is full of energy non stop. I think she will be my wild tomboy. I admit I fear her teenage years b/c she already talks back.. But she also has her sweet side too. She will climb in my lap and give me hugs & kisses and says love you in the sweetest voice possible.

Girls are great; as I am sure boys are too. I just haven’ t had that chance yet. But your kids are your kids and you will love them regardless.

Baby Bear Girl  Heartbroken  Baby Bear Girl  Heartbroken  Due 9/8/11 Baby Bear Boy (Thanks IG! Can't believe my sway worked!)

Joined 17-May-09

Top Poster
13-Feb-11 11:02 pm
Monster's Inc, Pipi Longstocking, Punky Brewster. Don't raise a damsel in distress if you don't want to! I have three girls and they are tough, independent, direct communicators, spunky and fun! Yesterday I dressed my oldest in a cute black and white 80's retro top with a black tutu and black skater shoes. She has gorgeous big eyes, and soft curly hair so I don't feel I have to go over the top with pink. Girls can be anything! Doctor, lawyer, athlete, mom. GL

Baby Girl2008 +

TWINS Baby Girl&Baby Girl2009

swayingBaby Boy April-May of 2012

Joined 3-Jan-11

14-Feb-11 1:54 am

April 2011 Baby Girl as sweet as can be, and another bundle of joy due May 2013.  Wish me Good Luck Clover for Baby Boy

'Bury' cute!

Joined 5-Sep-10

14-Feb-11 6:00 am
WaitedSixYears:
Wow, very well said WSY. I agree. I have two daughters and they are the nicest little girls I know. As for the clothes thing, they will wear pink if you buy them pink. My girls wear a lot of red, black, navy blue and very smart colors, not tacky princessy stuff. Same goes for the teen years...if you raise them well they will turn out well. My sister and I were very very well behaved during our teen years and I attribute it not only to my parent's upbringing but also to the conservative background we were brought up in. I have never said "I hate you" to my mom or any other stereotypical stuff on TV because remember the media must exaggerate if they want to find viewers. And girls love their mommas. A lot. My sister was the ultimate momma's girl. We still talk about how at the age of 13 and 14 she still used to lie on my mother's lap and follow her around everywhere. At 13 and 14! And as for me, I would do anything and everything for my mom. I talk to her everyday and know that she has my back more than anyone else in this world.
Mommy to three of the most gorgeous children on earth!

Joined 3-Jan-11

14-Feb-11 6:41 am
WaitedSixYears:

This melted my heart too! I feel the same way.

I have written a few posts on this site saying how I am under pressure to have a baby boy (although it's my second girl) but if I never had to hear anything from anyone I would love a house full of girls. That's how mine was, my sisters are my best friends and I would love it if my girls have the same experience-not saying it will necessarily be like that but my daughter is already obsessed with having sisters and is so gentle with little baby girls!

My sisters or myself never had issues with my mum as teenagers-in fact my sisters have and still look after my mother-they are the ones who do everything for her!

I could not imagine life without my daughter, her personality is stronger than mine and DH put together and we thought that could never happen! I had to go away for work without her for 2 weeks one time and by the 2nd week I was so sick without her I had to get back to her. She is so adorable and whenever we go anywhere, we find people always giving us such lovely comments about her. Yes she loves pink, red, all the shiny things but she also loves animals, swimming, art, cleaning!!, cooking etc. I don't find it such a bad thing that she is girly and I know if I have more they will all have different personalities.

I am sure if I have a boy one day I would love him to bits too but I know this much for sure that if I had not had a girl my life would have been so empty, I can happily say that my daughter has completed my life in every way and I can't imagine my life without her.

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-Feb-11 7:43 am

pixiecat-glitterdoll:

I have yet to find out, I know nothing about having my own daughter...but I cat wait!! 

Agree No clue what im getting into. I was a tomboy, so maybe she will be too. We are def. excited!

#3 due 7/1/13

Trying to heal through ex

Joined 10-Apr-08

Top Poster
14-Feb-11 9:11 am

they are calm,sweet for the most part and easy to entertain...They have cute dresses!

photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(8)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(6.5)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(5.5)  photo babygirl_zps54e18b68.gif (4)

http://swlf.lilyslim.com/XFUzm5.png
Page: of 2