Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Nearly back to square one!!! Grrr

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

30-Jan-11 7:47 pm

Well I had posted before we had decided on a boy name....Holden Ray. Well Ray stays as its FIL's name....however Dh said he just really isnt huge on Holden and prefers Hayden....well that's too common for my taste and while I love Canaan he just "likes" it. Ugh....why did he let me get all excited about Holden?!

So if you girl have ANY and all suggestions that would be awesome...neither of us tend to like the common or traditional Jacob, nicholas, Michael, Ethan etc etc.....

And request #2.....ALLL and I meanALLLLLLL of your girl name suggestions.. He absolutly cut out ALL of my girl name picks and I dont like (or can't bring myself to like) ANY girl names. I'm only ok on Claire and that's it!

"Bless this child O' Lord I pray, love her through all night and day"
1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 23-Nov-10

31-Jan-11 2:23 am

Grrr!  We have a hard time choosing names too.  I hope you can find something you both like.

Baby Boy2004 Baby Girl2006 Baby Girl2007 Baby Girl2010 Baby Boy 2011

Hoping for a little more Baby Bear Boy or Baby Bear Girl

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
1-Feb-11 10:39 pm

I'm sad too, I really liked Holden Ray! Maybe DH will come around to it, I do have a couple of suggestions that might work, what about Hunter Ray or Cooper Ray or Camden, Levi, Logan, Landon, Easton, Wyatt. For the girls names I think Avery Claire is adorable and it would be cute with your DD's name. Adysen and Avery, cute sister names.  I also think Ainsley is cute, Ellery, Delaney, Sienna, and I've always really liked the name Zoe.  Good luck and hopefully your DH will come around, I love the name Holden and thought it sounded so cute with Ray as his middle name.

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-Feb-11 2:17 pm

familiesr4ever:

I'm sad too, I really liked Holden Ray! Maybe DH will come around to it, I do have a couple of suggestions that might work, what about Hunter Ray or Cooper Ray or Camden, Levi, Logan, Landon, Easton, Wyatt. For the girls names I think Avery Claire is adorable and it would be cute with your DD's name. Adysen and Avery, cute sister names.  I also think Ainsley is cute, Ellery, Delaney, Sienna, and I've always really liked the name Zoe.  Good luck and hopefully your DH will come around, I love the name Holden and thought it sounded so cute with Ray as his middle name.

Thank you famliesr4ever!!! I too really loved Holden and kinda had my heart set on it Sad

I actually was considering Wyatt, i like it I'll have to see what he thinks. Cooper is my best friends dogs name, so that's out. I suggested Camden a while back, he shot it down, same with Easton.

As for the girl names we've literally looked at thousands together online. I suggested both Ainsley and Zoe and Chloe and he said big no. Avery has crossed my mind I'll have to suggest it. Oh and he hated claire too.....my gosh what is the matter with him?! LOL Every single name I suggested he has shot down for girls....I got an "that's pretty ok" on Kynsi. Ugh.....so I'm going to buy a book today and we are getting SOMETHING on our list darn it!

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 10-Jul-09

Top Poster
7-Feb-11 1:49 am

Girl, tell your husband we are mad at him..Holden is darling!!!

Gable

Grant

Donovan

Hudson

Weston

GIRLS: 

Piper

Everly

Ayden Quinn  (that's my daughters name!!) 

Angela   (that's my name!!)

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

9-Feb-11 1:26 pm

LOL Angie Oh trust me I've been pouting!!

I suggested Everly, spelled it Everleigh he has vetoed every name I come up with and I veto everyone he does...it's hopeless for girls i'm afriad!

However, he keeps saying Holden isn't totally out yet...so there may be hope! We get a sneak peek u/s next Friday!!

Joined 10-Jul-09

Top Poster
10-Feb-11 4:00 pm

LOVE the spelling!!!!!!   That is just darling!! 

Tell him ---Holden or nothing!!!!

It is sooo hard to name a baby. I hated everything my husband picked out, and just kinda "told" him it was going to be Ayden. He likes it now....9 years later!!!!!

Joined 8-Oct-07

Top Poster
10-Feb-11 7:56 pm
How about Grayson?

Joined 8-Oct-07

Top Poster
10-Feb-11 7:58 pm
Hudson?

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

13-Feb-11 9:43 pm

LMKH- Thank you! I didn't like Grayson when he suggested it, for some weird reason it doesn't flow well off my tongue especially with our last name, but it is a nice name however. And one of my very closest friends has a son named Hudson, so I'm afraid that's out. :(

Well, you will be happy to know that we picked a girl name. LOL....The ONLY one we both said yes to and happened to be theFIRST one we each said "ok" to! He said "put it on the list" and laughed so hard and said WHAT LIST?! So...it will be Kelbeigh or Kelbi (haven't decided on spelling) Lynn. That is both mine and my mil's middle name. And it will be decided upon the ultrasound on Friday wether we have a Haydin or a Holdan. I will surely announce it then!!!

Thank you all for your help, this has been so fun, I'll keep you posted once we get confirmation in just 4 DAYS!

Joined 10-Jul-09

Top Poster
18-Feb-11 12:05 am

OK---what are you having????   This is killing me!!!!

(I have such a hard time logging onto this site!!!)

Joined 1-Dec-10

19-Feb-11 9:44 am

We are having a girl... but our boy name was Beckett.  We would have called him Kit for short.  I thought it sounded really sporty.

Have a Baby Boy 2001, and Baby Boy 2003... hoping for a Baby Girl on June 17, 2011!  CONFIRMED Baby Girl on January 19, 2011!!!  WOO-HOO!!!
Viola arrived on June 15th, 2011!!

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

20-Feb-11 7:09 pm

Angie- LOL I'm sorry....we STILL dont know. :( see this wasn't my big scan at my Dr's office, my friend offered to check for gender with her machine at work...but her machine was designed for vascular use so the quality for fetal pictures is poor but she's been able to tell for other friends and hasn't been wrong. So we get in there and the little one is open legged but ti's like it has fat little thighs already cause the thighs are touching so tight you couldn't have squeezed air through them! Then, it flipped to it was spine up and put it's booty in the placenta and we couldn't see through it. So I pushed my belly got up and walked, rolled on my other side, this time we had it wide open, so she zoomed in real fast and it tipped it's "parts" up...grrr....so we waited in the spot and it moved down ever so slightly. But nothing was clear. She got two spots and both times she paused the screen and reversed it and looked close and said, I really want to say boy, but I just can't give you more than 60/40 and I don't want my first wrong guess.

Needless to say we are both a little disapointed but we are even more excited now than ever! So...the big day will be February 28!

Joined 10-Jul-09

Top Poster
21-Feb-11 12:20 am

AHHHH--little bugger!!!

Ok..I guess i can wait till the 28th!!!

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Feb-11 8:34 pm

Tomorrow is the BIG day!

Page: of 2