Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

daily updates!

Joined 10-Aug-09

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 6:26 pm

I saw this originally on the Aug due date boards and it was very sucessful. Some have tried to duplicate it since then and sometimes it works and others times it fails. I hope it will bring out some of those in hiding and help to get us Feb girls chatting again since we are soooo close now. Basically, this is where we update on how dialated/effaced we are, how miserable we are, any contractions, mucus plug, doctors appointments, birth plans, fears, blah blah blah.

I shall begin.

I'm 37 weeks thurs. I had begun bouncing on my birthing ball and the baby dropped, BH contractions increased, lost my mucus plug, I called my doc to let him know and he informed me I could not go into labor because he went out of town today and would not be back until fri. Fine. So, I won't have an appt until next week, I'll get my strep test and I really want to know how effaced/dialated I am. We are having a home birth and my house is a wreck but I can't seem to make myself get off the couch to do anything but go to work and pee. When will nesting kick in? Is that a myth? I'm not as miserable as I could be, I have read some posts on other boards about women crying daily and it isn't that bad yet. Is anyone that miserable yet? I'm kind of anxious and not ready, when my kids act up i think "I can;t wait until they go to bed" and then I realize i am about to have another one and there is NOTHING I can do to stop it! AHH

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy2   expecting  Baby Bear Girl  Feb 3th, 2011

Joined 9-Aug-10

Top Poster
12-Jan-11 5:55 am

Awesome idea Happy Smile!

In the UK you don't get checked for dilation at routine appts unless there's a problem, so have absolutely no idea what my cervix is doing, but from the amount bubs is bouncing on it and the shooting pains I get, I imagine it's starting to dilate.

I'm 37 weeks today, just had mw appt and am measuring 36 weeks, bubs is head down, and his bum is wedged right up underneath my ribcage.  Keep nearly passing out - had my bp done today and it's low (113/43), so that explains that one. 

Am absolutely desperate to know if bubs is a boy or girl, so have been getting really excited / anxious about that.  However for some reason today I'm really chilled about bubs arriving and actually want him to be late so I can deliver him in the new birthing unit of our hospital that opens on 7th Feb.

I get loads of bh contractions every day, and they are noticably increasing in strength, and memories of the pain keep coming flooding back lol.

Baby Bear Boy 2003   Baby Bear Girl 2005   Baby Bear Boy 2007   Baby Bear Boy 2009  Baby Bear Boy 2011

Joined 10-Aug-09

Top Poster
12-Jan-11 9:21 am

I read about that birthing unit in another post of yours and that does sound worth holding out for. Maybe you will be the first to try it out! Maybe there will be big birthing tubs, are you interested in using a tub?

Joined 5-May-10

12-Jan-11 9:36 am

hi ladies,

i have been lurking justnot posting. i have awhile to go, but thus far only symptoms are lots of peeing and insomnia,.

btw, with my last i attempted to go naturally, and water does really help. even the shower was super soothing. and i dragged my birth ball to the hospital and that really helped during contractions. hope everyone is doing well.

Baby Bear Boy 3 Baby Bear Boy  1

planned on ttc Baby Bear Girl in  november 2012 but god had other plans.

due with baby #3  March 6

Joined 9-Aug-10

Top Poster
12-Jan-11 1:23 pm

Just1more:

I read about that birthing unit in another post of yours and that does sound worth holding out for. Maybe you will be the first to try it out! Maybe there will be big birthing tubs, are you interested in using a tub?

Apparently there is a birthing tub in each room, but I've tried before and personally wasn't a great fan so probably wouldn't try again, but I love the fact that the rooms will be brand new and apparently they're absolutely beautiful.  Knowing my luck, this will be my first early baby so I won't get chance to try the new birthing suites out lol x

Nomoremargaritas - I'm a huge fan of birthing balls as well.  I've got one at home, and they have them in all the delivery rooms of our hospital, so that's always been the postition I've laboured in.  Give me a ball, a bit of gas and air, and that's my perfect birth lol x

Baby Bear Boy 2003   Baby Bear Girl 2005   Baby Bear Boy 2007   Baby Bear Boy 2009  Baby Bear Boy 2011

Joined 21-Jul-09

Top Poster
12-Jan-11 4:39 pm

Update, I went to the ob and the twins are doing great. they are weighting in at 5lb 10oz each. And Karley was sucking her thumb, I am going to have to talk with her about that. Little man is still breeched but thats okay as Im having a Csection. Oh ans no more meds to stop labor, she told me that if I go into labor then thats it they will be here.

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
13-Jan-11 12:42 am
great idea!!

i am quite a bit behind most of you with a DD on the 24th of feb. so i am 34 weeks on thursday. i am feeling ok so far. i know i have weeks to be miserable so hopefully i can have a few more good ones in between now and then. i have started trying to drink RRLT and i will start EPO at 35 weeks. but i usually have my babies late.. so i am not really expecting these things to do much. though it would be great if they at least started ripening my cervix some. in the past my cervix of steel has been closed up tight right until the end. which means no stripping of membranes, etc. Happy silly cervix LOL

RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Joined 10-Sep-10

13-Jan-11 12:04 pm

It would be great to see how everyone is progressing!

Ramona, I'm a lot like you. Seems like my body tries to hold them in there forever! I have been taking RRLT tablets since 30 weeks and started taking EPO orally this week, but I'm sure my cervix will still be tightly closed when doc checks me at 36 weeks. With my last it stayed closed till I was induced and in labor.

No big updates here, getting anxious and excited and trying to stay calm by finishing up her shopping. Our kids have about had enough with the waiting though. They can't wait to meet their sister!

Baby Boy 1998 Heartbroken 1999 Baby Boy 2001 Baby Boy 2003 Baby Girl 2004 Baby Boy 2007 Baby Boy 2009 Baby Girl 2011 and Baby Bear Girl due Feb 2013

Joined 7-Apr-10

13-Jan-11 12:11 pm

I'll be 34 weeks on Sunday! I feel like the time is just flying  by, and need it to slow down a bit. We are painting the baby's room this weekend. So once that is finished I will feel a bit more content. I fell at 30 weeks, and a little bit of mine any baby's blood mixed (very small tear in the placenta). Everything is ok though. I go for a follow up ultra sound tomorrow to make sure that the baby still has good blood flow to the brain, is growing nicely, etc. So it will be exciting to see the baby on the "big screen" and see how big he or she  (don't know what I'm having) has gotten in the last month.

Joined 9-Aug-10

Top Poster
13-Jan-11 1:58 pm

Today I am 37 +1 weeks, and had my growth scan as my last baby was a skinny baby.  Apparently bubs weighs approx 6lbs 5oz Happy  LOL, and will probably be just over seven and a half pounds at my due date - awesome!  Am having loads of BH contractions again, but I can still see myself going overdue lol.

Joined 17-Aug-10

13-Jan-11 3:13 pm
This is a great idea! It's nice to hear from other Feb mommies!!! I am due Feb 26. I started having contractions the night of Dec 22 and went to the hospital, we got them to slow down, but I am 1cm dilated and 80% effaced Sad. On Christmas morning it started up again, so my doc started me on terbutaline and gave me two steroid shots for the babies lungs. I am going in every week, and as of yesterday, I am still at a 1, and 80%. Very good news! I am also taking the terbutaline "as need" now(I HATE the way this stuff makes me feel). I am super excited to meet my little boy, just not yet Happy Wink. Other then crazy bad indigestion, I actually feel pretty good! I hope all you mommies are doing well! Our little ones will be here before we know it!
Our Princess Baby Girl 3/07 Our Sunshine Baby Girl 10/08 Our Joy! Baby Boy 2/11 Our little Surprise! Due Sep 2013

Joined 10-Aug-09

Top Poster
13-Jan-11 8:21 pm

Help! I'm losing weight! I've lost 5 -6 lbs in the last couple weeks. Is that okay? 

Joined 17-Aug-10

13-Jan-11 10:45 pm
Just1more:

Help! I'm losing weight! I've lost 5 -6 lbs in the last couple weeks. Is that okay? 

Two weeks ago, when I went in for my check up, I had lost 5 pounds as well. Because I haven't gained much weight this pregnancy, and I tend to have really little babies, she was a little concerned. She told me to drink Insure or Boost drinks or to eat lots of icecream Happy. When I went in yesterday, I had gained it back! Stick out tongue I'm sure you're alright at 5-6 pounds. Your dr would let you know if it's something to worry about. I hope all is well, and you gain your 5-6lbs back Happy  LOL
Our Princess Baby Girl 3/07 Our Sunshine Baby Girl 10/08 Our Joy! Baby Boy 2/11 Our little Surprise! Due Sep 2013

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
13-Jan-11 11:05 pm
Just1more:

i would think it was fine as well. just ask your doc next time around. i have a lot of girlfriends who have lost a few pounds near the end. i just wish i was one of them LOL

hey, so does anyone else have their linea nigra yet? i have had it with each of my previous pregnancies but i dont remember exactly when. i could have sworn it was before 34weeks (which i am now). i have it very slightly now, but wonder when it will get darker?

RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
13-Jan-11 11:07 pm
babymakes9:
Ramona, I'm a lot like you. Seems like my body tries to hold them in there forever!

it is the pits huh? :/. oh well. we will meet our babies soon enough Happy  LOL

Page: of 11