Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Baby's fine!

Joined 11-Feb-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 11:14 am

Update#3

I'm back from the midwife and all is great!  She found the baby's heartbeat in a matter of minutes which I was really surprised about since I wasn't able to hear either of my DS's until 14 and 11 weeks.  She said it is (was) a small Subchorionic Hemorrhage and thinks that it has probably repaired itself since there hasn't been any spotting for a few days.  When I told her about the falling hcg numbers she said "I don't care about those - it's the u/s that is much more accurate at this point.".  So it looks like after a week in limbo, I have finally got a great answer!

Update#2

Well, Friday's appt was a bust.  She didn't have any report from the tech yet and even though they tried to get it, they couldn't as they said it wasn't ready.  I guess going to a "private" place rather than a hospital slows down your results.  Anyway, my doc still was not optimistic even though I told her that the tech said that the hb and growth was right on schedule.  She said that she was happy for me, but followed it up with "a lot of women still go on to miscarry even after seeing the hb".  I normally love my doc, but didn't realize she could be all gloom and doom as I've never dealt with anything like this with her before.  Later than afternoon I called in for the results of my hcg.  On Tuesday at 3, they were 53000 and then on Thursday at 11 they were either 43000 or 48000 (not sure which as I stopped listening after the 4).  I was totally devastated thinking for sure that meant that it was just a matter of time and losing this little one was inevitable.  Then, in doing more research though it seems that it could be a lot of things not all of them a bad outcome, in fact a lot of good outcomes.  One thing that Mel_t pointed out that had crossed my mind was a twin pg and that would explain my drop in hcg.  Also, apparently hcg can stop dropping normally at 8 weeks.  I thought it was later - about 12 weeks but as in everything it's different for everyone.  Spotting has stopped - nothing since yesterday am so I'm hopefully optimistic.  I'm going to call the u/s place and see if they can fax in my results to my midwifery term as I have an appt on Tuesday with them and I don't think my psyche can take much more of the pessimism from my doc.

So keep me and my little one in your thoughts and prayers please and I will update as soon as I know more.  Hopefully it will be a good one from me.

Update:

Just home from my u/s and amazingly, the baby is fine.  HB and size is perfectly within normal ranges for how far I am.  She couldn't tell me why I was bleeding though - just said to talk to my doc about it so I have an appt on friday with my doc.  I will still be a little concerned until the bleeding stops and I hear from my doc as to the cause, but for now it was so reassuring to see the baby and the hb!  Thank you everyone for your kind words and reassuring stories. 

I'm pretty sure it's over.  I have an u/s at 2pm to check to make sure though.  

Baby Boy '04  Baby Boy '07  http://www.thatboard.com/smf/Smileys/classic/angel2.gif '11 ||   You can email me at ig-kitten@wildmail.com

Mulva

Joined 14-Jun-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 11:20 am

oh, Kitten.  i'm sending all my good thoughts that everything is okay.

Baby Boy 8/08 ~ Baby Boy born August 9, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Joined 20-Jun-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 11:25 am

I'm sorry! I have my fingers crossed that everything will be ok!

Baby Bear Boy(5/07),Sad Flower(6/2009),Baby Bear Boy(5/2010)HeartsBaby Bear Girl(9/2011)

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 11:50 am
praying...

Baby Bear Boy DS1- age 12    Baby Bear Boy DS2- age 8    Baby Bear Girl DD-age 1         

Thank you God for all my blessings.....Hearts

Joined 21-Jun-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

11-Jan-11 12:04 pm
Oh no, I'm praying like crazy for you and the babe! I had bleeding with ds3 at about the same time for weeks and I so thought it was over, but he made. We are here for you!
Married since 2000 with Baby Boy 2002, Baby Boy 2004, Baby Boy 2009 & due with Baby Girl or Baby Boy in August 2011 Bfp at 9 dpo on 12/14/10! My Ovulation Chart ig.for.such.a.time@gmail.com Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 19-Aug-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 1:25 pm

what kind of blood? i had quite a bit with my DS2 and it was this pocket of blood next to the sac and it was just re-absorbed over time. i hope that's the case for you. praying for you.

Gretchen Heartbroken 18 wks gestation ..... Baby Boy '06 ..... Baby Boy '09 ..... Pray to bring home a Baby Bear Girl in 2011

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Ovulation Chart

Joined 21-Jun-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

11-Jan-11 2:38 pm
Thank god! They could never tell me either at one point they thought a twin, but let me say I did do bed rest for as much as you can with little ones so please stay off your feet and try to not worry. Mine lasted a couple of weeks, ranging in color at times but I was always afraid of deep red. It eventually went away by week 10 or so. I since have learned it is quite common minus the cramping. Are you having any cramping? Hugs, hun. Vent if you need to.
Married since 2000 with Baby Boy 2002, Baby Boy 2004, Baby Boy 2009 & due with Baby Girl or Baby Boy in August 2011 Bfp at 9 dpo on 12/14/10! My Ovulation Chart ig.for.such.a.time@gmail.com Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 11-Feb-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 2:45 pm

I wasn't this morning but then I thought I was this afternoon.  Turned out to be just pressure from all the water I was drinking for the u/s as when I went pee, it disappeared too!

I normally love my doc, but she is the one who told me to prepare for the worst.  I'm glad she was proven wrong (this time!)

Oh and i forgot to mention, once I knew the baby was ok, I asked which side he/she is implanted on and she said "middle".

Baby Boy '04  Baby Boy '07  http://www.thatboard.com/smf/Smileys/classic/angel2.gif '11 ||   You can email me at ig-kitten@wildmail.com

Joined 20-Jun-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 3:26 pm

glad to hear kitten!

Baby Bear Boy(5/07),Sad Flower(6/2009),Baby Bear Boy(5/2010)HeartsBaby Bear Girl(9/2011)

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 3:59 pm

oh, i'm so glad..... and I agree with the above.. Stay off your feet and let DH do EVERYTHING for awhile.. We need this little girl!!!  Oh and that's interesting about the "middle".. Never heard of that one..

Baby Bear Boy DS1- age 12    Baby Bear Boy DS2- age 8    Baby Bear Girl DD-age 1         

Thank you God for all my blessings.....Hearts

Due June 5th

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 4:30 pm

Great news that everything is ok Love Ya!

Baby Boy04Baby Boy07Baby Boy09 Heartbroken10  Baby Girl 28th of April 35+3 weeks Heartbroken Baby Girl June 13 Baby #5 due June 5th

Mulva

Joined 14-Jun-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 5:11 pm

what a relief!  rest and let yourself be waited on.  i remember reading some women had bleeding at various points in their 1st trimester and it turned out to be nothing.  i'm really glad the little bean is doing well.  just wish it was implanted on one side rather than the middle.  the rascal!

Baby Boy 8/08 ~ Baby Boy born August 9, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Joined 18-Apr-10

Top Poster
11-Jan-11 6:05 pm
Glad to hear everything is ok... So scary! Rest up as much as possible!!

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy 2003  Baby Boy 2006

Baby Bear Girl Sophie Mia arrived Aug 2011,,, My IG Princess!!

cs/forums/p/207084/1991887.aspx#1991887

Joined 3-Aug-08

Top Poster
12-Jan-11 2:35 pm

So pleased to hear that everything is ok. I agree with the other girls... try not to over-do yourself over the next little while.

Baby Boy 07 Baby Boy 08  Heartbroken Baby Boy Valentines Day 11 Heartbroken Baby Girl Aug 11 - always love & miss you my twin girl. Baby Boy 15/02/12 Baby Girl 6/9/13. Totally blessed. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Joined 22-Jun-06

Top Poster
12-Jan-11 10:06 pm

So glad to hear everything is alright!  Did they do an internal u/s on you?  If so could that have caused the bleed?  When I'm pg I always spot in early pg after anything internal...  My first u/s is Friday so I'll probably be in the same boat then...

Take it easy, relax as much as you can and leave the house work for dh!!

Baby Bear Boy2002 Baby Bear Boy2005 Baby Bear Boy2007 Baby Bear Boy2011

Heartbroken 8/28/10 chemical pg

Heartbrokenm/c at 10wks our Baby Bear Girl our sway would've worked if she would've stayed with usHeartbroken

Page: of 2