Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Give us some updates!!

Finally feeling complete!

Joined 21-May-07

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 11:14 am

Hi everyone!  How are you all?  How are the babies?  Emma is 5 months old today!!! I cannot believe it. She is getting so big!  She still hasn't rolled, her arm always gets in the way, but she is almost sitting by herself.  She is loving solid foods so far.  She's tried bananas, sweet potatoes, avacados, and pears along with rice cereal and oatmeal so far.  She gets so excited when she sees that spoon heading for her mouth. lol  She's also been practicing with a sippy cup, but like the solids, that's just for fun.  We can see two little white spots just under her gums, so it looks like her first teeth will be breaking through at any moment.  Anyone else started solids?  Any teeth?  What else is new?  GIve us some updates!!!  Here is Emma waiting for her food.....

Full-size image

Niki-mama to: Baby Bear Boy 2003, Baby Bear Boy 2005, and Baby Bear Girl 2010

Joined 15-Feb-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 5:01 pm

Hi!  Emma is a doll :)

Myles is just 4 months so we'll wait another month or so for food.  He has one tooth on the way out and the other not far behind.  He is rolling from tummy to back and when laying on his back he gets onto he side and then gets stuck.  He is giving kisses (more like sucking on my face) and giggling all the time.

Still a great sleeper, so no complaints for me!  I am still exclsively nursing him but I'm finding my milk really low at the end of the day so not sure if it's time to introduce some formula.  I'm worried that as soon as I start one bottle my milk will disappear and I'm just not ready to wean just ye t...LOL

Baby Boy   2005    Baby Boy 2007   Baby Boy  2010

Joined 1-Feb-10

Top Poster
31-Dec-10 9:19 pm

Allie is almost 5 months now and doing really good. She can roll both ways no problem and enjoys chewing or sucking on everything. She got both her bottom teeth a couple weeks ago on the same day, and she has been much happier since. No signs of crawling or sitting just yet. We haven't really pushed solids yet. I tried introducing rice cerial and she just wasn't interested. Breastfeeding is still going pretty good, but my milk supply is also dropping at night so we do give her some formula and she's starting to hold her bottle! I am currently trying to purmp to increase my supply and if that goes will I might just start eping for as long as I can.  

Baby Bear Boy Andrew born 11/27/2008

Baby Bear Girl Allison born 8/3/2010

Joined 17-Feb-10

Top Poster
1-Jan-11 4:43 am

Imogen is 4 months old and such a happy baby! She is always chatting and smiley. She isnt sleeping through the night yet, she is getting up once and goes straight back to bed so cant complain! I havn't started solids yet, im going to wait for the 6 month mark but afew days ago i have her some of the cream in my rice pudding and she took it from the spoon perfectly with no spitting it out! Breastfeeding is still going really good. I keep my supply up at night by drinking a pint of full fat milk then when she wakes in the night i'm really really full! She has started to show signs of rolling over, she gets half way and gives up! No signs of teeth yet either! Here she is over christmas with her fist in her mouth as always!!

Joined 7-Jan-10

Top Poster
4-Jan-11 11:22 am
what cuties!! appears everyone has a little better sleepers in your camps. evie is still fighting sleep, be it naps or nighttime. since introducing solids at 5 months though, this has gotten better along with her relux. she is very uninterested in rolling (though she can from tummy to back) and would rather try sitting or standing. oh, and she LOVES her door jumper. overall, i can't complain too much as she is a very happy little girl.
Full-size image
mom to Baby Girl iris sofia, 7/06 Baby Boy coen samuel, 9/08, 1 angel in heaven 8/07, and Baby Girl evangeline skye,

Joined 21-May-07

Top Poster
6-Jan-11 10:07 pm

Such beautiful babies!  I think they are getting more gorgeous as time goes on!  Emma also loves her jumper!  We had a doorway jumper with ds1, but bought a bounceroo with ds2 and that's what Emma uses.  She spends lots of time in there bouncing and swaying away!  She also still loves her floor gym.  She loves to pull on the hanging things and chew on them. Speaking of chewing, her two front bottom teeth have come in!  Both at the same time...I've never seen it happen like that.  No wonder she was miserable, poor girl!  She is much MUCH happier now that her teeth are in.  She is getting closer to rolling now, if only she could get that darn arm out of her way! She has been sleeping fairly well, but waking more lately since she was teething.  She does sleep better than her brothers did, so I will take it!  Now that she is almost done trying all the stage 1 foods, I am getting ready to make and freeze some food for her.  I like to use the jarred food to see if she has a reaction to any and once we are past that, I like to make the baby food.  Anyone else making baby food?  It certainly gets tons easier as they move on to chunky but making purreed stuff is easy as well.  I still like jarred stuff for when we are out and about though. 

This is off topic but it's on my mind so I wanted to share.  I am currently doing online classes and have been for a few years and am now only 4 classes from my Bachelors in early childhood education!  Dh and I have decided that we will all be taking a road trip (from our house in PA to my school in Iowa) at the end of April for my graduation!  We weren't going to go due to all that time on the road with three kids (13+ hrs nonstop, so imagine with 3 kids!)  but after much consideration, I told him I just can't miss it.  I have been working my butt off for the past few years and will graduate with a 3.9 GPA so I am very excited to have my family there with me as I walk across that stage!!!  Now, what I will do after graduation is questionable...I still want to be a SAHM as long as possible, but it sure will be nice to have that degree there for when I do decide to use it!

Joined 8-Nov-08

Top Poster
10-Jan-11 11:51 pm
Wes is just a coupla days over 5 months and it's sometimes unbelievable what he's capable of. He rolls all over, crawls, and has nearly eaten it face first off the (cal king size) bed - we've had to build a "puppy whelping box" barrier around it until his crib arrives. He sometimes falls asleep in the downward dog yoga position. He can't sit unsupported yet, but can stand leaning against a table or the sofa, and prefers to do so, whining like a hound that's treed a raccoon when laid down. He steals our food, and eats big solid pieces (soft bits, of course), but hates baby mush. His favourite thing to chew is paper. He's not afraid of the car wash or fireworks, and watched our New Years festivities wide eyed and giggly. He's not allowed to play with the snake anymore, cos he pinches quite hard and she's kind of a wuss. He loves my computer and bangs away on the keyboard when I run the AlphaBaby app for him. No teeth yet, but lots of slime and bitching about their impending arrival. He sleeps 13 hours a day, as well. (so much win) Oddly enough, despite DH and I both having green eyes, he came out with stunning blue, even with the genetic odds being 95% against it.

All this, and still no frickin' passport. Hooray for German bureaucracy!
Full-size image

Joined 1-Feb-10

Top Poster
12-Jan-11 4:44 pm

I hardly get on here anymore. Nice to hear all the updates about our little ones. Mama2boys I am also 4 classes from my bachelors in Family and Human Development but would prefer to be a sahm for a while, forever if possible! I agree though that it will be so nice to have a degree if I need to get a job. Congrats on getting this far. It is so not easy with kids, but well worth it.   

Love my 3 Boys!

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
13-Jan-11 10:44 pm

Love hearing the updates so far!  They are all beautiful babies with little personalities already emerging!  I'll tell you a little about Leo and our nearly 5 months together!

Well I'm still madly in love and devoted to this little fuzz head.  He totally stole my heart and I still feel some guilt when I realize how sad I was at the gender unltrasound.  He reminds me more of my 9 year old than my 4 year old but looks A LOT like my 4 year old.  Beautiful blue eyes, always curious.. turning his head around like an owl at all times.. his doctor says everytime she see's him that he's so alert and interested in watching everything.. she also says he's affectionate and it's so true!  This kid is a lover.. wants to be held ALL the time or at least be talked to and played with.  He sleeps with me from about 2 or 3am till the morning.. I can't help it, I'm dead tired.  Call me lazy but that alarm clock comes early and I need all the sleep I can get!  So from 3 on he nurses at least once.. maybe I'm just a pacifier.  

So yes, I'm spoiling him.. I'd only admit it to ya'll.. but I didn't want him to cry anything out when he was younger and he's been sicky for about a month.. nose stuffy mostly.. some coughing. We've all been battling colds but when he starts to cry it gets worse and I can't stand it!  Have to indulge him.. well, he's a baby, what can I say?  He also could be my last so I'm loving this baby stage as mucha s possible! He likes to make noise, sing and coo and sometimes gets loud but he's much quieter than my middle exhuberant child.  He seems like more of a listner.  I hope it stays that way!  He's eating 2 meals a day and I pump when at work so he gets mostly breastmilk.. I don't hydrate enough so sometimes I can't pump enough for him and my mother supplements with formula.  I do a veggie around lunch and then cereal with a little fruit at night.  He LOVES to eat and has that mouth open like a baby bird as soon as the spoon comes within view!  Still a big baby, 90th percentile so I don't feel bad that I introduced food to him at 4 months.. he needed it!  Like most of your babies he's turning over from tummy to back but not much the other way.. he can turn to his side if he's motivated from his tummy but I've only seen him do that twice.  I'm getting a kick out of how he's turning into a little octopus.. not easy to eat with him in my lap anymore!

Wow.. showing off and talking about my baby felt great!  I try not to talk about him at work much because I don't want to be one of those people and family is tired of hearing about him so this was better than I thought!  HA HA.  Thanks for listening.  I do wish he would sleep better but it's improving.. however, he started biting me today.. luckily there are NO teeth and no signs of any (besides drooling).. still, it HURTS!  I'm going to have to break him of that.. he gets the death grip on my nipple and he finds it very amusing.  Naughty!  Any tips would be great!  

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

8   , 4,   #3born in Aug 2010

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Joined 21-May-07

Top Poster
15-Jan-11 5:01 pm

Dollies- he is gorgeous!  Look at those big blue eyes!  I understand completely about the previous GD.  I had it with ds#2 and after he was born I felt so bad for being disappointed that he was a boy for any amount of time.  He's 5 now and my little sweetheart. 

Well Emma hasn't wanted solids for the past two days.  I tried guacamole mixed with banana (one of her favs), sweet potatoes, and even tried blueberry yobaby yogurt thinking she may be excited to taste something new.  She has clamped her mouth shut and turned her head at all of them.  She did grab the spoon and fed herself a spoonfull or two but made yucky faces each time.  I'm not sure why she doesn't want any solids suddenly, but I keep telling myself that she's only 5.5 months and doesn't technically NEED solids yet, so it's OK.  She's still nursing just fine, so I'm sure it's ok. 

Joined 15-Feb-10

Top Poster
16-Jan-11 8:24 am

Great updated Dollies, he's such a cutie!  Myles has a tooth with another on the way.  He'll be 5 months this week and still is a great sleeper and gaining weight well enough that I may hold off food.  If no other reason then because nursing is still WAY easier then worrying about food.  I suppose I'll have to feed him at some point Happy Wink

Myles has also started this incredibly loud screeching thing.  For fun and not beacuse he's upset.  It was cute at first but let me tell ya, it's gets louch and annoying pretty quickly!  I think he is just trying to keep up with the noise level in the house!

Baby Boy   2005    Baby Boy 2007   Baby Boy  2010

Joined 18-Oct-09

Top Poster
21-Jan-11 8:57 am

Well Kyra is a busy body, she rolled and smiled very early, and has been up in the crawling position for a month already, and started to sit up just this week.  She can get herself up to sit from her belly to see what she is missing.  I guess it wont be long and she will be walking, all my boys walked at 10 months.    Doesn't crawl forward but the pushing up and lowering she gets all around the room that way, especially when she is on the wood floor she just pushes herself backwards.  She has had ceral a few times, not much and she is just over 5 months, stirctly breastfed.  

She is however a terrible sleeper unless she is laying on or near me.  Even during the day I get 10 minute cat naps be her alone, sleeping on me or even in the car.  She was sleeping well till she got a bad stomach virus.  

She is a good girl just aparently doesn't require much sleep.  And isn't looking to eat real food.  

Full-size image

Baby Boy2002 Baby Boy2005 Baby Boy2007 swayed Baby Girl it worked Kyra  arrived  August 14 2010

Joined 19-Jan-10

21-Jan-11 10:53 am

Beautiful babies! I love all the pics :)

I can't believe Tristan is 6 months already! He weighed in at 19.6 lbs today. He had colic for the first few months but now he has turned into such a good, happy baby! He sleeps 12 hours at night and I recently got him on the same nap schedule as his sister, sleeping 2 hours in his bed during the day. I'm so thankful for that! I started him on rice cereal around 4 1/2 months and then started baby food and he has loved everything he's tried. He rolls over a lot but he doesn't try to get on his knees yet. He is getting better at sitting up without help. He might be a little behind his sister in those areas but he'll get there! He has spit up A LOT since he was little. The doctor put him on zantac about a month ago which hasn't helped much so we just started using Similac Alimentum formula.

Baby GirlAria 5/13/08  Baby Boy Tristan 7/21/10

Joined 1-Feb-10

Top Poster
21-Jan-11 11:31 am

babyxx4 - Kyra is so cute and look at all that hair!!

destiny - Tristan looks so grown up already! Very handsome little guy! 

Joined 17-Feb-10

Top Poster
23-Feb-11 4:57 am

Imogen is 6 months old now, she is having pureed food for breakfast and dinner. She has her two bottom teeth too! She is now rolling from front to back and from back to front and she has tried getting onto her knees a couple of times! We still havnt cracked sleeping through the night yet and theres still no routine of her midnight feeds but she's in bed at 7pm and up between 6-7am. She's very happy and her personality is really starting to shine through now! How are all your babies doing?? x

Page: of 8