Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

The Chicken Boy Butt club bringing in the New Year!

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
28-Dec-10 10:02 pm

So here it is ladies!  Here's to the rest of us butt lickers getting our bfps in the New Year!

Baby GirlBaby Girl  Either will do

Joined 1-Sep-10

Top Poster
28-Dec-10 10:12 pm
Cheers! With a V8
Baby Bear Girl 05'  Baby Bear Boy born 10/11 My family is complete!

Gold Membership victim.  me.blush@yahoo.com My chart

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
28-Dec-10 10:22 pm

Aqua:
Cheers! With a V8

Agree  Will do!!:)

Joined 14-Aug-10

29-Dec-10 12:08 am

are we all still here?

My Discombobulation Chart

Baby Boy 2006

Hoping for another Hugs Gift in 2011

TTC since August 2010.

My Photography * My Blog

Joined 1-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 10:22 am

Yup...until we can. Anyone felt those O pains? Do they really happen? I started having sharp pains on my left side of the lower abdomen where ute is located. It started in the morning and lasted for 4-5 hrs. Is that even possible? Right now.. I dont feel much very subtle.

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 11:24 am

Aqua:

Yup...until we can. Anyone felt those O pains? Do they really happen? I started having sharp pains on my left side of the lower abdomen where ute is located. It started in the morning and lasted for 4-5 hrs. Is that even possible? Right now.. I dont feel much very subtle.

Yep aqua, that sounds about right!!:)  I had pain, uterus pain, and was bloated as could be when I O'd this month and last on the clomid.  I was in physical pain, now if only it would work for cryin out loud!!:)  lol.  

So we are supposed to get a big storm tonight or tomorrow that lasts til new years eve night.  But since they are talking it up big, bet its nothing:)  Now if they say two inches, look out, it will be a blizzard!!  Suppose I better hit the store just in case.  If I dont, mother nature will call my bluff:)

Joined 21-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 1:03 pm
Thanks for starting the new thread Medic! Are you tired of the snow yet or still loving it?

I don't think I've ever gotten the O pains Aqua! I do think it is possible you got them this time around though even if you don't usually. Did you and DH BD last night? Or this morning? I shall cheers with a V8 as well :-) My 19 month old is all about "cheers" right now. This morning we "cheers-ed" our toothbrushes. Good times.

Sabby I did join another forum but plan to spend my time here until I can't anymore. I'm just going to use the same user name wherever I join in the future so we will all be able to find one another.

I really can't figure out what I want to do with this cycle! I hate that DH is going to be gone when I need him! Dork. He rarely travels too. Ah well. Maybe it just means this cycle wasn't meant to be. I was reading the research on timing and it shows that 6 days prior and 2 days after O also swayed boy. So maybe we'll do it late Friday when he gets home, which would be about 36 hours after I O I think. We'd definitely have a solid 4 day abstinence too though. So maybe that would be good?

Joined 20-Jul-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 1:06 pm

HIIIIII everybody! Aqua, I hope you dtd and gave it another try! I am probably due to O soon, just been to effing sick to even move off the couch. Surely DH is just waiting with baited breath to jump my bones as I surely look super sexy in my snot web on the couch with Edward Scissorhands hairdo and all. Cool

I have so many peeps to  comment to here.....

Sabby, good thing you got all those opks, that will help. Have you checked out any of the fertility pills yet? The one I take has a wee bit of vitex in it, which I think will be good for you. I can't remember if you've taken vitex itself yet, but it is supposed to be fab with the long cycles.

Medic, girl.....BOOOO to all that crap. FX you are a nauseaus, pregnant woman right now. Love Ya!

Dolly and Nutter, glad you are feeling better! Nutter, so excited to hear about your scan! I would totally go for the private one too! It is so hard to keep believing that swaying "works," but just keep your hopes up that you have a healthy baby and if a boy, then bonus! I think it's a crapshoot, you just up your odds with swaying, but don't give yourself a guarantee. I mean, any of us could have a boy with zero swaying at all, you just never know.

I did join the aforementioned site also, but not active on there yet, still lingering on IG. I have to say, it seems remarkably OK today, fast even, but who knows, could take a nosedive in 5 minutes.

Who else is dtd soon?

Baby Girl 2002 Baby Girl 2005...TTC Baby Boy or anything- 16th month now...10wkHeartbroken in May, 5wkHeartbroken in January. MFI/ very low sperm count (<2m) diagnosed September 2011.

Joined 21-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 1:42 pm
Lola ITA that it seems fast today! Amazing! I'm supposed to have an attempt next week but DH is scheduled to be out of town day prior and day of O, and I can't decide if I want to risk the timing on an 0-2, or a O+36 hours. I don't know ... like you I'm so swaynostic and "timing isn't the most important factor" so maybe I should just do it?!?! At the same time, I wonder if I do get pg and it is a girl am I going to think it was all due to my lousy timing? If we don't BD for January though we're not going to attempt again until April :-(

Sorry you're so sick, esp on vacay! Is DH cleaning off your snot web for you? LOL. GROSSSSSSS!!!!

Joined 21-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 1:43 pm
Hey has anyone else tried the EPO? I'm doing it this cycle ... was hoping perhaps it would delay my O so I wouldn't have to deal with the whole timing dilemma I have now. Soy didn't have any impact last cycle so I thought maybe I'd give the EPO a shot.

Joined 1-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 2:08 pm

Hey Lola... sweets, poor you. Hope you feel better soon and DH can get to jump on ya ;) lol on the hairdo. Drink some soup. I am feeling kinda groggy too. I slept like 20 mins yesterday night thinking about ttc. This ttc along with swaying is really sucking all the energy and mood out of everyday living. DH had a conf call in the night and was tired and he said we just come home during lunch today to DTD. I was like, if we want to DTD tomorrow morning, wake up at 5 else we wont do. Surprisingly he was fine with it. I feel we DTD smack on O while I thought I was having O pains, but not sure. Just hope. My last +ve OPK was 8.30 pm yesterday. Anyways all that on my mind I just could not sleep a wink and woke up like 2-3 times. So that BBT also wont count, so no idea what my actual BBT would have been. But I am just not able to work, having a lot of headache now and a small pimple has popped up. May be things are fertilizing down...lol Silly me.

Begonia, I read that about O -5 too somewhere. But not sure about O+48. Whats the theory behind that one? But again timing is the least important right? So if you have everythng else aligned, why not do both? Huh! I am so sorry you have to work things out because of travelling DH after all these weeks. FX EPO can do something for you. So cute with the toothbrushes. Gottu love that age.

Joined 21-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 2:33 pm
See if this link works, Aqua ... it is a table about the sex ratio based on conception day. From this it would appear that 2 days prior and 2 days after have a higher probability for boy conception:
http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/5/1206/T1.expansion.html

Full text of the article is here:
http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/5/1206.full?ijkey=5478276eb08f3ef48dcb4a736ef9c602dab3f5e4&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha

Honestly the more "research" I do on swaying the more I see there is something to support just about anything, LOL!
Here's hoping thing are indeed "fertilizing" down there Aqua. Cracked me up reading that :-)

Joined 21-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 2:34 pm
Oh and the o-5 is directly in Tamara's FAQ. It's right above the two studies she has links for re: timing.

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 2:37 pm

Begonia, EPO will extend it, soy for me made it earlier than normal.  Either one should do the trick.  I would go for it.  Timing is the least important one of the factors.  Look at all the shettles opposites. Its at least 50/50 for sure!!

Aqua, everything looks good hun!!  Now you get to wait, and wait, and ust for fun, wait some more:)  

I thought my symptoms were a good thing because it has never happened to me before.  But some ladies on ff said the nausea in the 2ww could be due to the clomid.  Although that doesnt account for the food aversions......  I was really tempted to test today, but that seems silly considering the chances of anything showing up at 8dpo is extremely slim.  Who knows, I may try anyway.:)

Lola, missed talking to you girl!  Stinks your sick, hope you catch that egg anyway.  Hopefully with dh giving the jewels a rest it will do the trick!!:)  Im rooting for you!

Joined 21-Sep-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-10 2:47 pm
Now here's an interesting one ... this one says boys are less likely during peak fertile times. Most likely 3 or 4 days prior to O or 2 to 3 days after. Again ... I think you can find support for ANYTHING with this stuff!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1836712?dopt=Abstract

All this stuff does is encourage me to just give it a shot, b/c the more you read the more it seems there isn't really a significant impact on boy/girl ratio just by conception day. Now I wonder though, are they calling conception day BD day, or day actual sperm meets egg? Because it could be that you BD on O but due to sperm taking their sweet time, etc you actually conceive 1-2 days after? Now I'm really overthinking it :-)

Wish I knew when I got my girls. DD1 was while I was on bcp's so no clue, and DD2 we literally dtd all the time and I have no idea when I ovulated. If I knew I'd just do the opposite of what I did to get them.
Page: of 36